Subject: "(CON LOSS) [OUTLANDER] Oryntohr Stormrider the Tempest-..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #112943
Show all folders

Death_AngelSat 12-Jan-13 08:36 PM
Member since 28th Sep 2024
17190 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#112943, "(CON LOSS) [OUTLANDER] Oryntohr Stormrider the Tempest-Marked Hunter, First Mate of the Thundering Maiden and Harbinger of Thar-Eris"

Sat Jan 12 18:32:44 2013

At 11 o'clock AM, Day of Thunder, 17th of the Month of the Spring
on the Theran calendar Oryntohr perished, never to return.

Race:cloud
Class:ranger
Level:51
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:OUTLANDER, the Outlanders of Thar-Eris
Hours:648

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Well, that was a lot of fun., Bell, 13-Jan-13 05:21 PM, #2
Reply RE: Well, that was a lot of fun., Neltouda, 13-Jan-13 06:31 PM, #3
Reply Stellar, Jawn Foote (Anonymous), 13-Jan-13 08:54 PM, #4
Reply Loved watching and listening to some Oryn, Ysaloerye, 14-Jan-13 12:25 AM, #5
Reply Fantastic Character!, Amaranthe, 15-Jan-13 06:06 AM, #6
Reply Death Gechoes, Urses (Anonymous), 12-Jan-13 08:51 PM, #1

BellSun 13-Jan-13 05:21 PM
Member since 18th Aug 2005
100 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#112960, "Well, that was a lot of fun."
In response to Reply #0

A big thanks to all those who I interacted with over Oryn's extraordinarily long (at least for me) life-span. There are way too many people for me to even attempt to remember all of them, but if we interacted there's a 99% chance I was enjoying it. The rare negative experience really only served to highlight how rare they were- for example, I'm not sure if Oryn was ever truly fulled, even in situations where it could be expected because of sheer numbers. All in all, I have a surprisingly high opinion of the playerbase right now. I think I may even like all you goobers.

Nelly - Thank you, thank you, thank you, for an incredible experience. You kick a lot of ass. Every single interaction was awesome, and you managed to give Oryn direction and purpose without telling me what to do. I could gush on, but instead I’ll just say to everyone else: If you haven’t ever interacted with Neltouda, make a reason up and do it. You won’t regret it.

Amaranthe – Thanks for pushing me to take the shot at Harbinger, I ended up enjoying it a lot more than I expected to. Also, thanks for the random interaction outside High Lord’s. At least I think that was you. But, whoever it was, it came at the perfect time and actually put a lot of wind in Oryn’s sails (Hah, I still can’t stop.) That little interaction and rp appropriate skill somewhat reinvigorated the character and got him going again. I know you do a lot of behind the scenes work for my favorite cabal, so thanks for that, too.

As an aside, did I just not understand how to use stormcalling and blow it, or is that pretty much what it does?

Thror – Thanks for the RC win, and the insightful and appropriate reward. I was at one point sort of bummed that later character developments rendered it redundant, but the more I thought about it I came to realize that if you hadn’t given me Renewal I never would have lasted long enough for the other things. So, you heard it here first folks, Thror is a smarty pants and knows what he’s doing.
Players: Way too many people to remember, and I have a pretty bad memory anyway. I’ll try to hit some living folks, but I figure I posted on a lot of death threads, too.

Balta – You never got a death thread as I remember, so you’re here, too. Thanks for the induct, and all the guidance in his early days. Balta was def Oryn’s role model.

Nythos – You got all of Oryn’s questions late in life, and inducted the people I couldn’t catch. Thanks for both. I really enjoyed your char, I’m glad you immed. You hurry up and get a religion, and I promise I’ll try to play it. Ready, set, go!

Jawn – You’re super awesome, and should have been Harbinger for a while now. Hopefully you get it. Guess you’re the old man now, hah.

Rostrak – I hope all of my ire and pettiness came off as IC stuff, cause it was. I think you’ve got a cool thing going, but you were never going to be Oryn’s best friend because of his role. Good luck, I’m interested to see where you end up.

Anyway, I met literally hundreds of characters, and most of you were cool. CF is an awesome thing. See y'all in the fields.

NeltoudaSun 13-Jan-13 06:31 PM
Member since 28th Jul 2008
161 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#112961, "RE: Well, that was a lot of fun."
In response to Reply #2

I probably would not claim that everyone could have the same experience. Your character really evolved and grew in RP (over its very very long life). You were rewarded for this type of growth. It doesn't happen often that people can grow in their RP. A lot of people get fixated on the role they wrote rather than the world they interact with. This type of growth is especially important due to the type of religion I have, which I'm sure you understand. I'm proud to have you in my tattooed list (which is still under a dozen). The RP of this character was very standout. I think that it is especially important to note that you had great rp even though you were a camoed character. I had a lot of fun playing with you, and I would be pleased to have you follow me again.

I'll be sure to play your song for special occasions so the Ory legacy will live on in Neltouda world.

Jawn Foote (Anonymous)Sun 13-Jan-13 08:54 PM
Charter member
#112964, "Stellar"
In response to Reply #2

An absolutely amazing presence.

The only possible complaint anyone could possibly have is that you weren't around enough, but as far as I'm concerned that has more to do with the value of having a great RPer like yourself around than the notion that anyone was left hanging. I suspect that most of the people who were trying to catch you on just couldn't see you.

I'm sorry I didn't get to know your story better, as it seems pretty interesting.

Balta really inducted you? That means you were around longer than I thought. I guess that does make me the old man.

Great job. Come back soon with something else.

YsaloeryeMon 14-Jan-13 12:25 AM
Member since 09th Apr 2006
315 posts
#112973, "Loved watching and listening to some Oryn"
In response to Reply #2

Kudos, great character I hope they find a spot on the totem for you.

AmarantheTue 15-Jan-13 06:06 AM
Member since 17th Mar 2003
536 posts
#112999, "Fantastic Character!"
In response to Reply #2

I'm glad you finally agreed to be Harbinger. Oryntohr was about as picture-perfect a neutral Outlander as one could hope for, and you brought a lot of stability to the cabal. I have absolutely no criticism whatsoever. Just solid, all-around.

You're welcome for the immteraction. As for stormcalling, as far as I know, it just creates a hostile ocean environment in the area to anyone not in your cabal or group. At least, that's how I recall proposing it when we did the ranger revamp way back when. I can imagine it would be hard to understand on the user end - you'd have to be on the receiving end. I never watched you using it, so not sure what you thought it did.

Urses (Anonymous)Sat 12-Jan-13 08:51 PM
Charter member
#112944, "Death Gechoes"
In response to Reply #0

A sleek pirate ship sails gracefully to the Refuge, a ladder of sparkling ropes falling from its deck.

A jaunty fiddle begins to play from the decks of the ship, followed almost immediately by a harp joining in. The fiddle's upbeat tempo somehow harmonizes perfectly with the dirge of the harp.

Storm clouds roll in over the Arkham Continent, arcs of lightning tracing their shapes and peals of thunder shaking the entire land.

The lightning arcs down suddenly, surrounding the soul of Oryntohr and arcing in incandescent, fiery waves around his ghost in a dance of storm.

The scintillating rope ladder is unaffected by the cacophony of music and storm merging, waiting patiently for the First Mate of the ship to climb aboard the last time.

As Oryntohr grips the ladder, it rises slowly until he is safely aboard, and then it speeds off into the tempest.

Only had a chance to fight you a couple times and both times it was exciting. Well done on a lasting character.

--Urses

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #112943 Previous topic | Next topic