Subject: "(AUTO) [TRIBUNAL] Bardor Hammerhand the Legend of the B..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #112704
Show all folders

Death_AngelSat 29-Dec-12 10:44 PM
Member since 28th Sep 2024
17190 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#112704, "(AUTO) [TRIBUNAL] Bardor Hammerhand the Legend of the Battlefield, Magistrate of Galadon"

Sat Dec 29 20:43:08 2012

At 2 o'clock AM, Day of the Bull, 29th of the Month of the Dragon
on the Theran calendar Bardor perished, never to return.

Race:dwarf
Class:warrior
Level:51
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:TRIBUNAL, the Blood Tribunal
Hours:111

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

TJHuronThu 03-Jan-13 04:53 PM
Member since 28th Nov 2007
1132 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#112798, "Speaking of names..."
In response to Reply #0

You ripped off my character's name! Bartis Hammerhand.

Not that I care too much. I just thought I'd point it out I'm guessing it was unintentional. Actually, I really only brought this up because I was reading Brujah's death thread about names and saw you right underneath it.

Personally, I really dislike it when people get overly picky about names. Who gives a #### if the name matches a character from some book series or role playing game? I certainly don't. I think the player base needs to relax with the names and just let the administrators decide what's acceptable and what is not, which is why I never said anything about your name the first time I saw it. I figured if the imms were OK with it, I was too.

Taking this even further if you are really bothered by someone's name. Don't say something to that person in game. Again, who gives a ####?! It's just a name!! I remember someone saying something to me when I played Jutley because he thought my last name "Tem Russer" resembled the name of Tim Russert from Meet the Press. I don't watch Meet the Press. In fact, he went so far as to break character and ask me if I was from Meet the Press in game. When he said something to me it sounded somewhat familiar but I still had to look it up to see what name this person was talking about. The similarity was completely coincidental, which it probably is 90% of the time. Which brings me back to WHO GIVES A ####?? I certainly don't. It's just a name.

SuperIsisManThu 03-Jan-13 06:17 PM
Member since 22nd Nov 2008
47 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#112801, "Agreed."
In response to Reply #1

I've had someone call me out on a name. They changed the letters a bit and it had an OOC meaning and starting ragging me about it.

I had my own pronunciation for my name in my head and it was not associated with what they thought at all.

Some people just look for ways to criticize.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #112704 Previous topic | Next topic