Subject: "(CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Zarkyem the Legend of the Battlefie..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #112382
Show all folders

Death_AngelTue 18-Dec-12 12:01 PM
Member since 28th Sep 2024
17190 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#112382, "(CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Zarkyem the Legend of the Battlefield, Mason of the Paragon"

Sun Dec 16 19:02:51 2012

At 11 o'clock PM, Day of the Sun, 34th of the Month of the Long Shadows
on the Theran calendar Zarkyem perished, never to return.

Race:fire
Class:warrior
Level:51
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:BATTLE, the BattleRagers, Haters of Magic
Hours:136

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Serious question for Zarkyem, Tolnum, 18-Dec-12 10:20 PM, #14
Reply RE: (CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Zarkyem the Legend of the Battl..., HammerSong, 17-Dec-12 06:12 PM, #12
Reply One point..., TMNS, 17-Dec-12 06:58 PM, #6
     Reply RE: One point..., Daevryn, 17-Dec-12 07:31 PM, #7
          Reply I think it's a curse a lot of people have., TMNS, 17-Dec-12 08:32 PM, #8
          Reply RE: One point..., Kanye (Anonymous), 18-Dec-12 10:10 AM, #9
               Reply RE: One point..., Daevryn, 18-Dec-12 07:14 PM, #13
Reply RE: (CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Zarkyem the Legend of the Battl..., Malakhi, 17-Dec-12 01:13 PM, #4
Reply RE: (CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Zarkyem the Legend of the Battl..., Akresius, 17-Dec-12 11:36 AM, #3
Reply Why'd you bring up hockey :(, TMNS, 17-Dec-12 03:04 PM, #5
Reply My dude, Kanye (Anonymous), 18-Dec-12 11:42 AM, #10
Reply RE: (CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Zarkyem the Legend of the Battl..., Duvam (Anonymous), 17-Dec-12 08:19 AM, #2
Reply Oot in a Blaze o' Glory!, Ysaloerye, 16-Dec-12 09:09 PM, #1
     Reply RE: Oot in a Blaze o' Glory!, Zarkyem (Anonymous), 18-Dec-12 11:45 AM, #11

TolnumTue 18-Dec-12 10:20 PM
Member since 08th Dec 2012
44 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#112476, "Serious question for Zarkyem"
In response to Reply #0

How many times have you stolen that description?

HammerSongTue 18-Dec-12 12:01 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
679 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#112403, "RE: (CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Zarkyem the Legend of the Battl..."
In response to Reply #0

I was a fan....

Right up until you tried to point out that the Rites were fixed. You were a very strong character. Some moments of immaturity seemed to come through at times but I'll chalk that up to some frustration.

Good luck with the next.

TMNSMon 17-Dec-12 06:58 PM
Member since 10th Jun 2009
2670 posts
#112408, "One point..."
In response to Reply #12

> Some moments of immaturity seemed to come through at times but I'll chalk that up to some frustration.<

That's just Kanye my man. It's Rettinger's fatal flaw He's good 95% of the time, but that other 5%.......

DaevrynMon 17-Dec-12 07:31 PM
Member since 13th Feb 2007
11117 posts
#112411, "RE: One point..."
In response to Reply #6

>> Some moments of immaturity seemed to come through at times
>but I'll chalk that up to some frustration.<
>
>That's just Kanye my man. It's Rettinger's fatal flaw
>He's good 95% of the time, but that other 5%.......

This is surreal to me because I was just about to post that I thought Zarkyem was pretty cool precisely 95% of the time and the other 5% of the time the bad side of the player bled through.

If you could learn to keep your mouth shut when you're pissed off I think you'd consistently rate among the greats of the game.

TMNSMon 17-Dec-12 08:30 PM
2670 posts
#112417, "I think it's a curse a lot of people have."
In response to Reply #7
Edited on Mon 17-Dec-12 08:32 PM

One of the things I've tried to get better at, myself, is post-death RP. Sometimes, you just have to understand that saying NOTHING might be better than saying something emotional in the heat of the moment.

Kanye isn't the only person with this problem, by the way. There are several players that could be "epic" if they were able to focus on cutting out the 5% of the negative times. It's not always post-death (for some it's staying IC when talking about things like legacies and gear, for some it's RP with enemies, for some it's post-kill poor sportsmanship, for some it's not logging out when things get bad, for some it's competing without an optimal set of gear, et cetera) but it's a shame when you think a character is totally awesome and they ruin it with one bad moment.

Kanye (Anonymous)Tue 18-Dec-12 10:10 AM
Charter member
#112452, "RE: One point..."
In response to Reply #7

I know that sometimes i let cf and the griefers get the better of me. However compared to my temper and legendary status of ooc ranting. I think i'm doing a solid job these days.

DaevrynTue 18-Dec-12 07:14 PM
Member since 13th Feb 2007
11117 posts
#112471, "RE: One point..."
In response to Reply #9

Yeah, that's absolutely true.

I think you can still do better!

MalakhiMon 17-Dec-12 01:13 PM
Member since 12th Dec 2009
367 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#112398, "RE: (CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Zarkyem the Legend of the Battl..."
In response to Reply #0

Entertaining guy to watch. Probably a good enemy to have had.

Happy holidays

AkresiusMon 17-Dec-12 11:36 AM
Member since 15th Nov 2011
280 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#112391, "RE: (CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Zarkyem the Legend of the Battl..."
In response to Reply #0

Kanye, your characters would be infinitely better if you could refrain from posting logs anc commentary while active. That being said, I thought Zarkyem was a well-played character. Good luck on your next.

Go Pens (if we ever see hockey again)

TMNSMon 17-Dec-12 03:04 PM
2670 posts
#112399, "Why'd you bring up hockey :("
In response to Reply #3

Bleh.

Kanye (Anonymous)Tue 18-Dec-12 11:42 AM
Charter member
#112455, "My dude"
In response to Reply #3

Kevin, my dude! I actually rolled Zarkyem to be one of your follwers then around level 10 ysal came back and my role and basis of the char worked for her and i had always heard great stuff about her rp and wanted to give it a shot.

I am determined to get your tattoo one day!

I've given up on an NHL season this year but in the offhand event one occurs you need to join us in Jhyrbs fantasy league.

I am disappointed we didn't get to see Crosby/Malkin finishn1/2 in scoring anf James Neal bang 50 this year.

Duvam (Anonymous)Mon 17-Dec-12 08:19 AM
Charter member
#112387, "RE: (CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Zarkyem the Legend of the Battl..."
In response to Reply #0

The one fight I had with you I ws counting on a tribby to jump in he was on duty and in the same town so I stuck it out longer than I would have normally. It was a poor choice I'm guessing you had landslide? In any case it was a good fight and you beat me into the dirt, but it was kind of fun and got my blood pumping IRL. Best of luck with your next.

YsaloeryeSun 16-Dec-12 09:09 PM
Member since 09th Apr 2006
315 posts
#112383, "Oot in a Blaze o' Glory!"
In response to Reply #0

Way to go

Zarkyem (Anonymous)Tue 18-Dec-12 11:45 AM
Charter member
#112456, "RE: Oot in a Blaze o' Glory!"
In response to Reply #1

You were amazing and i absolutely loved ever moment of our interactions. I wasn't a perfect follower but thanks for the tattoo. I have a greater understanding of your religion and will be back one day.

Is my sculpture up in your shrine? Last tims I checked it wasn't there.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #112382 Previous topic | Next topic