Subject: "(DELETED) [BATTLE] Tiarhelle the Legend of the Battlefi..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #112132
Show all folders

Death_AngelMon 03-Dec-12 09:24 AM
Member since 28th Sep 2024
17190 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#112132, "(DELETED) [BATTLE] Tiarhelle the Legend of the Battlefield, Commander of Battle"

Mon Dec 3 07:22:03 2012

At 3 o'clock AM, Day of the Great Gods, 26th of the Month of the Grand Struggle
on the Theran calendar Tiarhelle perished, never to return.

Race:felar
Class:warrior
Level:51
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:BATTLE, the BattleRagers, Haters of Magic
Hours:289

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Tia Kissed RL's Fist.., Tiarhelle (Anonymous), 03-Dec-12 11:38 PM, #3
Reply I missed an opportunity there, lasentia, 04-Dec-12 08:58 AM, #6
Reply RE: I missed an opportunity there, Tiarhelle (Anonymous), 04-Dec-12 12:22 PM, #10
Reply WoooWeee!, Jutley (Anonymous), 04-Dec-12 10:28 AM, #8
Reply Re Fort War, Tiarhelle (Anonymous), 04-Dec-12 11:57 AM, #9
     Reply Boredom? That's your reason?, Quixotic, 04-Dec-12 12:48 PM, #12
     Reply RE: Boredom? That's your reason?, Tiarhelle (Anonymous), 04-Dec-12 01:08 PM, #14
     Reply RE: Boredom? That's your reason?, HammerSong, 04-Dec-12 08:44 PM, #26
          Reply She mentioned boredom, not the inquisition., Quixotic, 05-Dec-12 12:27 AM, #28
               Reply RE: She mentioned boredom, not the inquisition., HammerSong, 05-Dec-12 10:44 PM, #34
     Reply Hasta luego, Grippledunk (Anonymous), 04-Dec-12 03:16 PM, #16
          Reply RE: Hasta luego, Tiarhelle (Anonymous), 05-Dec-12 10:07 PM, #31
Reply Here is a hard question for you., Quixotic, 04-Dec-12 12:36 PM, #11
Reply RE: Here is a hard question for you., Tiarhelle (Anonymous), 04-Dec-12 01:00 PM, #13
Reply Farewell Tia, Cainargen (Anonymous), 04-Dec-12 02:58 PM, #15
Reply I sincerely liked me some Tia. (nt), Krenke (Anonymous), 04-Dec-12 03:27 PM, #17
Reply RE: Farewell Tia, Tiarhelle (Anonymous), 05-Dec-12 09:52 PM, #29
Reply This is a bummer., Ogsert (Anonymous), 04-Dec-12 04:31 PM, #19
Reply RE: This is a bummer., Tiarhelle (Anonymous), 05-Dec-12 10:19 PM, #32
Reply Awwwwee....you forgot me!, Jesp (Anonymous), 04-Dec-12 07:50 PM, #24
Reply RE: Awwwwee....you forgot me!, Tiarhelle (Anonymous), 05-Dec-12 10:50 PM, #35
Reply RE: Tia Kissed RL's Fist.., HammerSong, 04-Dec-12 08:04 PM, #25
Reply No love for the Zarkyem!?!, Zarkyem (Anonymous), 05-Dec-12 10:05 PM, #30
Reply RE: No love for the Zarkyem!?!, Tiarhelle (Anonymous), 05-Dec-12 10:31 PM, #33
Reply RE: Tia Kissed RL's Fist.., Borkahd, 28-Dec-12 07:39 PM, #36
Reply Conflicted..., KrunkTheOrc (Anonymous), 03-Dec-12 12:02 PM, #2
Reply RE: Conflicted..., Tiarhelle (Anonymous), 03-Dec-12 11:45 PM, #4
     Reply role + I am the son of the demon Asmodeus and a complet..., KrunkTheOrc (Anonymous), 04-Dec-12 10:05 AM, #7
          Reply Damn man, you need may need a mirror there., Graatch, 04-Dec-12 04:16 PM, #18
          Reply RE: Damn man, you need may need a mirror there., Tac, 04-Dec-12 05:00 PM, #20
               Reply RE: Damn man, you need may need a mirror there., Graatch, 04-Dec-12 07:16 PM, #21
               Reply I didn't realize that the order had been given to gank ..., TJHuron, 04-Dec-12 07:48 PM, #23
          Reply As the thief in question, I'd like to point out:, That Thief (Anonymous), 04-Dec-12 07:42 PM, #22
          Reply RE: role + I am the son of the demon Asmodeus and a com..., HammerSong, 04-Dec-12 08:21 PM, #27
Reply This makes me sad., Zephon, 03-Dec-12 11:19 AM, #1
     Reply RE: This makes me sad., Tiarhelle (Anonymous), 03-Dec-12 11:46 PM, #5

Tiarhelle (Anonymous)Mon 03-Dec-12 11:38 PM
Charter member
#112143, "Tia Kissed RL's Fist.."
In response to Reply #0

..had fully intended on con-dying this one no matter how hated she was, or how frustrated I was with the char, but RL took a bite and I didn't want to hog a much coveted spot.

On specs and legacies:
She was h2h/whip, Cries/Fires. Fires only saved my ass from certain mobs a couple times, and overall I felt like I wasted a legacy slot taking it. I had problems with offense shapeshifters when I hit the hero range, and I thought this might help a little, but not really. Not my first felar h2h/whip warrior (had a Captain with at the very least, double the pks), and I will say it's much easier to pull off as Maran than Battle, in terms of vuln coverage and enemy range (this build is great for killing thieves and warriors).

On Tia's character:
She was a feral little kitty cat that acted like she was better than everyone else. Think of her as an angsty member of a petty gang, that somehow became the boss. She was supposed to be a bit trashy and garish (like Shirley in this video with the neon colours, thick eyeshadow, cheap fishnet stockings and stupid lyrics :p http://qr.net/happywhenitrains) .

On Commander:
She was a lot of fun to rp initially, and I think would have fared much better had I not tied her down to the responsibilities of a Commander, but I just wanted to see what it was like leading from the ground It is my personal opinion that to be a good imm of a cabal, you need to have led it as a mortal and be able to enjoy it, as well as to understand the intricacies. (By saying this, I am in no way against any of the cabals' imms, it is just a personal opinion I place on myself.) I've had had a few Veterans, but never a DM/Commander, so I thought I should at least try to see what it was like, and I will say that being the Commander is actually much more difficult than being the Captain or EP (who cares about a non-pk position ), which I have tried.

And to any of you wanting to change things in-game, I believe that mortal leaders have more power to change situations than imms. It is much harder leading as a mort than imm, where you have a smokescreen to hide behind if need be, and as an imm you need to behave yourself Obviously Tia didn't, and I'm very grateful to the Battle imms for running along with it.

On DM choices:
The Destructor says 'You go through Drillmasters Tiarhelle, like a whore through her panties.' Heh. I apologise to anyone who had to put up with the DMs I chose initially. In her youth, Tia much preferred having DMs with a bit of a wild, crazy streak, hence the decisions. I as a player also wanted someone who was different than me in thought and opinion, and to cover my vulns (Varks was exemplary in the Rites in terms of leading group fights, something which I'm not great at).

On Berserker:
Believe it or not, my first Berserker :p I usually prefer playing Scouts/Defenders, then again, because I usually roll Battle bards. I must say it really was an awesome experience and so much fun. I believe Kasty has also only ever played 1 Berserker.

On Evil Battle:
I like that the cabal is so evil right now, and filled with so many shadows :p

Some Goodbyes.

BATTLE:

Thror - I think you're doing a helluva great job with the cabal, and I REALLY appreciate all the support from behind the scenes. You went along with my DM choices, gave me great advise, went along and even supported my decisions in 'war', and helped to police the cabal where I couldn't see enough to judge. Battle is really fortunate to have you And if that was you who took over the Destructor the day jack blaguar killed me 5 times (sorry Jerrokrar, it wasn't you who managed to do it ), thank you very much.

Fjarn - I never saw you, or maybe you were sneaky behind the scenes Anyway, hope you've been doing well.

Ysal - Wished I had seen you more than once, but Battle loves you! :p

Iunna - Sorry I failed at religion..I tend to put that as last priority with any char I play and hence, have never gotten a tatt in my life except for Kasty's. Thanks for all the interactions early on though, it was fun.

Cainargen - Seems like you are doing great with the inducts and stuff, and I'm happy to leave Battle with you as DM. I really liked your char.

Jutley - I loved your char, seriously do Thanks for the help compiling all those weekly studies on warfare, and I hope you have fun with whatever is going on now.

Mardrorn - Liked your char too. Dwarves are so much fun to mock

Kelnith - Wished we could have interacted more, you remind me a lot of Borkahd (one of my best followers ever). If I had stuck around, I'm sure we would have become great friends.

Ikiso - I liked your dark-elf rp and your char. You would have been my next DM choice if/when Cain died.

Giafersy, Tarsin, Krenke, Skreenik, Kiraltor, Warald, Aulrathdien, Ogsert - awesome.

SCION:

Zameida - Favourite of all my foes, but you already know that.

Buereunas - I liked your char a lot, and enjoyed rping with you. Not cookie-cutter at all, and one of those evil chars who is able to differentiate from being an asshole.

FORTRESS.FORTRESS:

I am an evil kitty kat so maybe I'm being bias here, but of those I had the chance to interact with, I didn't like. Apart from Andira, who seems to be doing a good job as EP. I especially HATED it when one of you would start preaching at me about saving me from darkness after ganking or jumping in to finish me off while I was convulsing from fighting someone else.

I really think some sort of honour religion like Vynmylak's should be part of the Fortress, because I think that how you finish off your foe should set an example of the Light too (but then again, I play BattleRagers :p). But I mean, when I get ganked by paladins, I get this image in my head of white knights in shining armour surrounding an animal and whacking it to death with their lances.

Yean

lasentiaTue 04-Dec-12 08:58 AM
Member since 27th Apr 2010
987 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#112149, "I missed an opportunity there"
In response to Reply #3

Wish I had known I had one of the people who wrote the book on playing a good Battle Bard in the cabal with me, you probably could have helped me pick up a few things.

I did like the bit of Tia I got to see before I kicked the bucket, and I have to echo your thoughts that being Commander, from my POV at least, is one of the toughest positions in CF in terms of leadership because everyone has a view of Battle and it rarely aligns with how yours might be. But you seemed to stick to your decisions, which really is the only thing that matters with a Battle Leader in the end.

Hope to hear about you in the fields again some time, I always like interacting with Imm played morts since they tend towards awesome on the RP side.

Tiarhelle (Anonymous)Tue 04-Dec-12 12:17 PM
Charter member
#112153, "RE: I missed an opportunity there"
In response to Reply #6
Edited on Tue 04-Dec-12 12:22 PM

Heh I don't think Tia could have helped you in any way there, she didn't even speak properly and was more animal than poet :p

Yes I did spend a huge portion of time settling internal and external issues (biggest pet peeve - mages telling you how you should execute on parity in your cabal), but overall I had fun handling most of it.

What I liked most is that Commanders get to make a lot of decisions on their own within reason, and that the Battle imms usually run along with the changes.

Thanks and good job with Saly..she was definitely more deadly than any bard char I could possibly roll I won't be playing for some time..CFs does require a lot of attention. All the best!

Jutley (Anonymous)Tue 04-Dec-12 10:28 AM
Charter member
#112151, "WoooWeee!"
In response to Reply #3

I mean holy ####!! Yean! That was a pleasant little surprise when I got to the bottom of your goodbye. I was a huge fan of you as an imm!

Thanks for making JT fun to play and feeling like he had a role to play in the Village. Assigning him duties was really an effective way to enhance the Village experience. I also appreciate you giving him a recommendation when he needed an imm induction. I really think that went a long way when Thror arse-booted me up to see him.

Tia herself was an awesome character. It's too bad that RL got in the way of this one because I thought you were doing great as Commander. I always liked being part of those rare Village-Fort wars and thought it was cool that you did what you did. Not only were your reasons good RP reasons for the war I think it offered good RP opportunities for Villagers. Also, considering the reason for the war I think it might be tough for the next leaders to revoke the war until the current Fort leaders are no more. Too be honest, with the present cast of characters in CF I've thought to myself a number of times how I might be bored without this fort war!

I hope RL doesn't keep you away from us for too long! I'm sure I won't be the only one looking forward to your next.

Tiarhelle (Anonymous)Tue 04-Dec-12 11:57 AM
Charter member
#112152, "Re Fort War"
In response to Reply #8

I have a soft spot for Battle bards, I wonder why

Anyway I thought about it for awhile before taking Battle to war with Fort, and was prepared to get into trouble over it. But like I told one of the Forties, as long as there was a good DM (Kontoln) around, I could afford to get into some trouble

Also, since Battle wasn't at war with the Empire as they have been for ages, and with the pb shrinking drastically as it is, it does get boring more often than not, so why not?

And just to clarify, I was by no means picking solely on Fortress. In fact I was waiting for an opportunity to expand the war to other variable cabals, but seems like there were no extra buffed magi leaders elsewhere.

QuixoticTue 04-Dec-12 12:48 PM
Member since 09th Feb 2006
837 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#112155, "Boredom? That's your reason?"
In response to Reply #9

How many times has Jerrokar been kicked out of Battle for the same reason?

Tiarhelle (Anonymous)Tue 04-Dec-12 01:08 PM
Charter member
#112157, "RE: Boredom? That's your reason?"
In response to Reply #12

Boredom is a big factor (you want a game to be fun, no?). Seriously coming back to play after 2 years, you see what a huge difference the pb numbers can make. I don't think everything should be set in stone, and constant evolvement helps to keep things interesting and alive.

However, I did take quite a bit of time to think it through to make sure I wasn't crossing any lines, and that it was all justifiable rp wise. What I did didn't break any rules on the tablet. Jerrokrar on the other hand, broke rules on the tablet.

HammerSongTue 04-Dec-12 08:12 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
679 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#112171, "RE: Boredom? That's your reason?"
In response to Reply #12
Edited on Tue 04-Dec-12 08:44 PM

She had a very valid in game reason for War (see Redik's Inquisition). I think it is a significant stretch to even attempt to put Tia in the same category.

QuixoticWed 05-Dec-12 12:27 AM
837 posts
#112174, "She mentioned boredom, not the inquisition."
In response to Reply #26

Whether it can be justified or not wasn't in question. Everyone can provide justifications for their actions. The underlying motivation was what was in question, and that's what has gotten people in trouble in the past.

I've loved playing battle, and frankly I didn't want the precedent to become, "I'm bored, lets grab the free frags, because, you know, we are the mightiest warriors in Thera."

HammerSongWed 05-Dec-12 10:44 PM
679 posts
#112230, "RE: She mentioned boredom, not the inquisition."
In response to Reply #28

In game, boredom was not the justification. Tia stuck by her guns in game and the result was a very dynamic War.

I find it hard to compare it to "free frags" because that has clearly not been the case.

Grippledunk (Anonymous)Tue 04-Dec-12 03:16 PM
Charter member
#112159, "Hasta luego"
In response to Reply #9

Hey I have a spiffy title, that's not enhanced enough for ya?!?!?

I was waiting(and looking forward) to an outlander-battle war, especially considering the changes to the village area. I thought you did a decent job of coomander aside from your horrible puck of DMs who kept getting booted at first (kin and cair are great choices). I wish we could have fought more but spellbanes a bitch. A couple of times I tried to extend the battles but scion would show up and commence yanking (mostly of you while I faded into the trees)

Good luck with life and your next

Tiarhelle (Anonymous)Wed 05-Dec-12 10:07 PM
Charter member
#112227, "RE: Hasta luego"
In response to Reply #16

Yes an Outlander-Battle war would definitely have been tougher and more interesting (it's sooooooo far from the Village and spores!! :p). Why didn't you get extra magics so we could do that..you suck ;p

And yes, transmuters are absolutely my favourite mage class to play (I had a Maran one many years ago - Ginharq), but they are also the worse match up against any Rager. I used to just cast buoyancy and not bother fighting at all, but I think with edges and whatnot these days, it might be possible to fight them.

All the best with Gripple, he seems to be doing awesome

QuixoticTue 04-Dec-12 12:36 PM
837 posts
#112154, "Here is a hard question for you."
In response to Reply #3

How much of the war with the Fortress was the evil kitty and how much of it was the player's distaste for the (current? all?) Fortress?

If Yean were leading the Fortress, how would you suggest paladins should take down an evil commander deathblowing machine? Would you have them take a number and march merrily to their deaths, or am I mistaken and there are logs of them as individuals easily dispatching Tia?

It's hard for me to see any of the current crop actually being a concern for Tia unless the village did not have the head.

Tiarhelle (Anonymous)Tue 04-Dec-12 01:00 PM
Charter member
#112156, "RE: Here is a hard question for you."
In response to Reply #11

It's a mixture of a number of reasons, of which I have stated in the Fort War post.

I don't think Tia was that tough actually. Next time I'm rolling a cookie-cutter giant RBW

Since Fortress ideals are not related to any sort of honour anymore, I'd probably take a friend with me to dispatch of Tia, but as a paladin, definitely won't jump in with 3 or 4 people already beating on her. All wrath paladins needed was just one more ally to wear Tia down quickly.

If you're talking solo, Oshui gave me problems, and Clahier was even tougher.

Cainargen (Anonymous)Tue 04-Dec-12 02:58 PM
Charter member
#112158, "Farewell Tia"
In response to Reply #3

Cain really liked him some Tia. It seemed like you came out of nowhere to win the Rites, and he respected the showing. He was a little miffed about your initial choices for DM, but I as a player get it as my playtimes fluctuate a bit.

I thought your RP angle came through perfectly, and I (as a player) wholeheartedly approved of the risk you took by starting the war. The talk we had with the destructor when you named me DM was really genuine, and I truly appreciate those types of moments.

I'll do my best to fill in your claw-extensions until the next Rites. Come on back now ya hear!

Krenke (Anonymous)Tue 04-Dec-12 03:27 PM
Charter member
#112160, "I sincerely liked me some Tia. (nt)"
In response to Reply #15

n/t

Tiarhelle (Anonymous)Wed 05-Dec-12 09:52 PM
Charter member
#112225, "RE: Farewell Tia"
In response to Reply #15

Well I was stuck at rank 30 due to Saly's 'kill 10 mages before you go further' policy, which frustrated me because my hours have significantly less targets than US prime time (something which I think needs to be taken into consideration when assigning tasks like these as well), and I as a player usually don't like level-sitting. I would be online sometimes for 2 hours before a mage in range logged on at all. However, I did get to train all my skills maximum which I think helped a lot later on in life, and that was great.

Yes I was waiting for you to log on that day actually. You were definitely the only person to have seen that side of Tia..to everyone else she was all claws and fire. I am also grateful to whichever imm it was that took over the Destructor..and this is something I really like about Battle imms..they're hands on and firm without the micro management.

All the best, hope you're having fun with the DM spot!

Ogsert (Anonymous)Tue 04-Dec-12 04:31 PM
Charter member
#112163, "This is a bummer."
In response to Reply #3

I thought you were a great commander that was tough as nails and serious when you needed to be, but still had a playful other side to her-- which came off as a good mix and you made it fun to be around.

I was also enjoying what you were doing with the notes and having folks contribute to the knowledge. I could tell you were putting a lot of effort into wanting to be a good commander, and that's all we could ask for, so thanks.

GLWYN and more importantly good luck with whatever real life is bringing your way!

Tiarhelle (Anonymous)Wed 05-Dec-12 10:19 PM
Charter member
#112228, "RE: This is a bummer."
In response to Reply #19

You were my favourite wee morning US hours buddy, and I had fun running around with you whacking stuff up.

I think Jutley did a great job compiling them, just wished they could be retained in the War Room.

Jesp (Anonymous)Tue 04-Dec-12 07:50 PM
Charter member
#112169, "Awwwwee....you forgot me!"
In response to Reply #3

Loved the char, and the ballsiness to actually start a war. It made things a LOT more fun. We need leaders to do this more often.

Tiarhelle (Anonymous)Wed 05-Dec-12 10:50 PM
Charter member
#112232, "RE: Awwwwee....you forgot me!"
In response to Reply #24

Thank you. I knew I'd get some flack for it (surprisingly I had quite a number of tells from evil chars who were unhappy with the Fort war right after I declared it..I had thought they'd be happy :p), but I really didn't care. I thought it was justified and I knew it would be fun. I'm just surprised Baer didn't handicap me in some way which I had expected her to. I would have stopped the war if she had asked me to, due to the restriction of rule #1 on the tablet, but I didn't want it to end and so, offered it in a belittling manner.

All the best with Jesp..you know a thief is doing his job when people get pissed off because their things are stolen. If I were on the other side, I'd probably hate you as well

HammerSongTue 04-Dec-12 08:04 PM
679 posts
#112170, "RE: Tia Kissed RL's Fist.."
In response to Reply #3

I have absolutely positive thoughts when it comes to Tia. What an incredible character with so much depth. I would never have guessed this to be you.

You literally came out of nowhere to me and became Commander due to your very strong presence in the Rites and quite frankly, your Test of Wits made you a standout decision.

You took all of the 'right' chances as a BattleRager, choosing to be risque to make your mark on Thera. While it wasn't popular with some Imms, it was absolutely what I would expect out of a BattleRager Commander.

I've made it a point to support mortal leader decisions, despite how much people want to presume I called for this War. You deserve all of the credit and quite frankly, the recognition for changing up the cabal dynamics. It is very positive for the game and helps to leave a very lasting impression. I only wish I had started writing a story on it as I've learned (and immteracted with) quite a bit about the storyline of multiple characters.

You got beat up badly by large fort gangs (even prior to the War) but you kept your chin up despite the odds with some BattleRager-esque retorts. Great job of not letting the game (or player shenanigans) get to you.

I never got a chance to interact with mortal Yean. What a treat to see a mortal of yours in action.

I really hope to see more of you. Good luck with the next!

Zarkyem (Anonymous)Wed 05-Dec-12 10:04 PM
Charter member
#112226, "No love for the Zarkyem!?!"
In response to Reply #3
Edited on Wed 05-Dec-12 10:05 PM

As a player I'm sad RL took over. I really liked Yean as an imm and would've liked Tiarhelle to imm.

Zarkyem the character is glad to see you go. That means there will be rites soon which are always a blast to participate. I hope everything works out and you're back soon.

A shame we never got a tie breaker fight as we each won once agianst each other.

Tiarhelle (Anonymous)Wed 05-Dec-12 10:31 PM
Charter member
#112229, "RE: No love for the Zarkyem!?!"
In response to Reply #30

I had mixed feelings about Zarkyem. On one hand, he was one of my toughest guys (and only giant Berserker around strangely..) so I wanted to keep him around. On the other hand, he seemed to be a bit borderline on parity at times.

That day where you were forced to fight me in the Circle - I tend to give evil Ragers just a wee bit more leeway in terms of enemy range, and goodies a little less. But I guess you did a number of things the Battle imms didn't approve of that I didn't know about. And yes I missed *every* single move in that fight..bad luck is bad luck

In any case, I think you did a great job being unafraid to mix things up, and coming out victorious more often than not. You are a beast and I am happy to have had the chance to run around with you.

BorkahdFri 28-Dec-12 07:39 PM
Member since 17th Mar 2009
187 posts
#112689, "RE: Tia Kissed RL's Fist.."
In response to Reply #3

I just started reading the boards regularly again so I'm sorry for the late reply.

I didn't know this character, I haven't had a mort in some time now (though I am considering rolling one up) but I did want to chime in and say thanks for the kind words.

-----------------
"My view of Borkahd IC"
If you anger him, he'll rape you to death, eat your flesh, and sew your skin into his clothing. And if you're very, very lucky, he'll do it in that order. ~Twist

KrunkTheOrc (Anonymous)Mon 03-Dec-12 12:02 PM
Charter member
#112136, "Conflicted..."
In response to Reply #0

I wanted to like this character. Krunk wanted to turn the village against the Fortress and make them his own person mini-horde for the purposes of smacking down Fort-types. Instead Tia consistently spewed insults at Krunk* and then started their own war with Fort which was completely useless to Krunk. Just meant he would be fighting both sides.

Krunk didn't care much for upstart villagers that didn't show the proper level of fear and respect to Krunk and Tia was one of those. That said, I have nothing particularly bad to say about Tia, but nothing particularly good either. She was a tough fight and if you want logs for the departed, let me know.

* that make little IC sense if you are aware of just how much raping of villagers Krunk did and was doing, which Krunk was, and one would assume commander of battle would be, but potentially Tia wasn't.

Tiarhelle (Anonymous)Mon 03-Dec-12 11:45 PM
Charter member
#112145, "RE: Conflicted..."
In response to Reply #2

I won't bother re-explaining her decisions or character as I just mentioned it in my goodbye post But anyway, you were a huge problem for the Village, so much such that Kontoln and I had to have a long discussion as to what to do with you, before deciding to put you on the to-gank list.

There is no way Tia would have made peace with an orc, she was overconfident and enjoyed hurling insults. I mean, you wrote to Battle and asked her to uninduct a thief who just stole your bagful of magicky preps..what did you expect her to do really?

I agree with you that Tia wasn't standout, she was average, and mediocrity is bad.

Post anything you find interesting, I don't mind.

KrunkTheOrc (Anonymous)Tue 04-Dec-12 10:05 AM
Charter member
#112150, "role + I am the son of the demon Asmodeus and a complet..."
In response to Reply #4

"She was a feral little kitty cat that acted like she was better than everyone else. Think of her as an angsty member of a petty gang"

This is a pretty classic real life character trait. These people also tend to be cowards at heart. I'm not saying you played your character wrong. I'm suggesting that perhaps you played your character shallowly. Back when I was playing Nefla I wanted to be involved in a global quest, but it sort of went against what my character would have done. An Imm (don't remember who) suggested that there is always a way so long as you allow your character to be flexible enough to see one.

"But anyway, you were a huge problem for the Village, so much such that Kontoln and I had to have a long discussion as to what to do with you, before deciding to put you on the to-gank list. There is no way Tia would have made peace with an orc..."

So Tia was willing to compromise on a core village tenant (demonstrating strength, honoring parity etc.) but not on forging an alliance with what is at heart a character that Battle doesn't have to fight. Do you see any disparity in thinking there? Kontoln and Krunk had quite a few discussions in which Kontoln said his/village pride would never allow them to bow to Krunk, which makes total sense. But his pride wasn't so great he wouldn't try to gang Krunk down... that doesn't make as much sense to me.

It is entirely possible (probable even) than any attempt at a real alliance/peace talk would have broken down, but I'm disappointed that it was never even attempted. I think it would have been fun. Krunk trying to make the village his bitch, the village trying to pretend that no longer being hunted was of any benefit to Krunk, etc...

"she was overconfident and enjoyed hurling insults."

No plan survives first contact with the enemy. Overconfidence doesn't either when the enemy puts you down.

"I mean, you wrote to Battle and asked her to uninduct a thief who just stole your bagful of magicky preps..what did you expect her to do really?"

Krunk's entire war with the village was incredibly nice to Battle. Not because Krunk wanted it to be, but because I'm just not that big an asshole despite any appearance counter to that on forums. However, in that particular case, Krunk offered the Village Head, to a character that made zero attempt to defend it and cleaned out Krunk's inventory after the Big D choked Krunk. The thief showed zero fear of Krunk and wanted to be bought off. Krunk also tended to have a slave fully capable of carting off the majority, if not all, of the stuff from his kills, but chose not to. Krunk wasn't happy about any of the above, and so the note was not "Please uninduct this thief, he stole my shinies" it was "Krunk has been playing with kid gloves, this thief has pissed in his cherrios. He will no longer be Battle, or the gloves come off and Battle can spend their time regathering gear because Krunk is going to take it all."

I didn't expect much. It was obvious your character would choose poorly. I'm only sad that Krunk age-died before the true measure of the threat could be felt (and that I'm not enough of an asshole to actually carry it out in at least half and probably more of the village kills Krunk got after the note was sent). My single largest frustration with this character was that while, I felt, Krunk behaved in a manner consistent with who Krunk actually was (very accomplished orc who was vuln gang) most of the villagers I dealt with seemed to behave like Krunk was just some random orc they could steamroll if they wanted to. 183 Battle kills vs 18 Battle deaths says different.

I'm really not trying to jump all over you, though it probably sounds like I am. As you said, mediocrity is bad and we both know you are capable of better and will no doubt do better in the future. I'm half venting frustration and half trying to get you to see how you could have, and just maybe should have, played it different. If you disagree, that is fine, but I personally like to have as much flexibility in my characters as possible.

GraatchTue 04-Dec-12 04:16 PM
Member since 14th Apr 2010
167 posts
#112162, "Damn man, you need may need a mirror there."
In response to Reply #7

>
>I'm really not trying to jump all over you, though it probably
>sounds like I am. As you said, mediocrity is bad and we both
>know you are capable of better and will no doubt do better in
>the future. I'm half venting frustration and half trying to
>get you to see how you could have, and just maybe should have,
>played it different. If you disagree, that is fine, but I
>personally like to have as much flexibility in my characters
>as possible.

Going only by the back and forth (and the fair amount of ink on these chars over the last months) I can tell you that you sound incredibly arrogant here. To the point of truly insulting, with a particularly disturbing passive-aggressive tack. She chose poorly. She was wrong, you like flexibility but she doesn't, she should have played differently, etc. etc. etc. You have so many assumptions in your favor packed in to virtually every statement that you are doing exactly that which you accuse her.

Frankly, I think you need to step back and assess what it is you're trying to achieve and why, because I think what you're looking for (again, based only on what you've written) is general acclaim and an apology from someone who didn't play the game you think they should have. And you're 100% wrong to think that way. Stop trying to sound like you're being Mr. Reasonable and Nice and Constructive while twisting that dagger in the ribs, eh?

TacTue 04-Dec-12 04:57 PM
Member since 15th Nov 2005
2050 posts
#112164, "RE: Damn man, you need may need a mirror there."
In response to Reply #18
Edited on Tue 04-Dec-12 05:00 PM

>Going only by the back and forth (and the fair amount of ink
>on these chars over the last months) I can tell you that you
>sound incredibly arrogant here. To the point of truly
>insulting, with a particularly disturbing passive-aggressive
>tack. She chose poorly. She was wrong, you like flexibility
>but she doesn't, she should have played differently, etc. etc.
>etc. You have so many assumptions in your favor packed in to
>virtually every statement that you are doing exactly that
>which you accuse her.

I am fairly arrogant. I'm not so arrogant that I don't believe this isn't a fair critique. I can only say that it isn't my intent to come across this way, but it seems to be something that happens in text (especially) and sometimes in person.

>Frankly, I think you need to step back and assess what it is
>you're trying to achieve and why, because I think what you're
>looking for (again, based only on what you've written) is
>general acclaim and an apology from someone who didn't play
>the game you think they should have. And you're 100% wrong to
>think that way. Stop trying to sound like you're being Mr.
>Reasonable and Nice and Constructive while twisting that
>dagger in the ribs, eh?

What I'm trying to achieve is understanding for myself. Why would a character bend on one principle (parity) but not on another? Why would any character continue to act like the baddest kid on the block directly to another character that repeatedly kills them? (This is specifically not aimed at Tia, who didn't act this way, but Battle characters that Krunk encountered in general) I don't believe I'm looking for general acclaim for Krunk (he has already received much), nor do I want an apology from Yean/Tia (they routinely play better RP'd characters than I am capable of and probably better pkers in 99% percent of cases). I'm not trying to twist a dagger in the ribs, but I was disappointed with the choices the character made and I'm trying to understand them.

Apparently I can't communicate via the internet well enough to have these sort of nuanced conversations, or everyone on the internet has the thinnest skin available. Either way, I'll go back to my usual level of not really posting now.

Edit: I do recognize the irony of insinuating that thin skin is the problem and then saying I won't post much anymore. It isn't that I'm upset, it is just that since I can't seem to communicate well enough to have the conversations I'm interested in, it seems like a waste of time and effort to try and I'd be better served by using that time elsewhere.

GraatchTue 04-Dec-12 07:14 PM
Member since 14th Apr 2010
167 posts
#112165, "RE: Damn man, you need may need a mirror there."
In response to Reply #20
Edited on Tue 04-Dec-12 07:16 PM

FWIW, this post was significantly better, not that my opinion really matters that much. If you'd phrased it all this way the first time, I'd have nodded my head in agreement and moved on.

There are answers to your questions, and reasonable people can disagree on them, but the way you approached them here is much better than how you did the first time.

As an aside, my answer is that you are mistaking what "parity" is, as many, many, many cf players do, often with villagers but not exclusively. And, keep in mind, that any principle is just that, a principle, not an unbreakable (or unbendable) law of physics. Sometimes differing principles can oppose and a person can only do what they think best when heretofore complementary principles now oppose and become mutually exclusive. Often, these situations lend themselves well to a roleplaying game because they provide interesting and unexpected roleplaying opportunities. Opportunities to play out philosophical differences without any real life consequences. Food for thought.

TJHuronTue 04-Dec-12 07:48 PM
Member since 28th Nov 2007
1132 posts
#112168, "I didn't realize that the order had been given to gank ..."
In response to Reply #20

But, I was really wondering when it would happen. I think for along time the line of thinking was "you're just an orc. We don't need to gank lowly orcs."

But, then again. You were not just any orc. You were an orc with 180 battlerager kills. That's more kills than most Battleragers even sniff in total, let alone against one particular type of character. So I think at some point any group of people really proud would have to ask themselves if they just want to lay down and continue to be a punching bag for someone or if they want to do something about it. If you think about it that way, I think most would do what they could to not be a punching bag. Tia's choice was to let Villagers gank you, which, frankly, there aren't a whole lot of other alternatives in this situation.

That Thief (Anonymous)Tue 04-Dec-12 07:42 PM
Charter member
#112167, "As the thief in question, I'd like to point out:"
In response to Reply #7

"Krunk offered the Village Head, to a character that made zero attempt to defend it and cleaned out Krunk's inventory after the Big D choked Krunk."

I'm sorry you felt like I made zero effort to defend the Head. If I had actually made zero effort, I wouldn't have been there to take the opportunity. The last time I tried to defend alone against you, it ended badly, and I lost gear I worked hard for. What incentive, both IC or OOC, would I have to engage you, other than so you can kill me?

Tact is not the same as not making any attempts. Thieves aren't warriors/berserkers, especially not non-berserker thieves.

"The thief showed zero fear of Krunk"

Why would a character who feels like he's a terrible, evil murderer, but was forced into it be afraid of a dumb brute who can't kill him unless he lets him? From an IC perspective, the fear was exactly the way it was supposed to be. Fear him if he catches you, don't if he can't.

"and wanted to be bought off."

Offering you the "bag of goodies" in return for ending the war is different than being bought off. I didn't want to keep the damn thing (and it was useless to me), but you gave me no reason IC to give it back. On top of that, I had the backing of my leaders IC. On top of that, I also tried to let you get it back by giving it to an Imm. You RP'd your way out of the opportunity to get it back, and then were pissed. I can't blame you, I just wanted to point out that you weren't a helpless victim in all this.

HammerSongTue 04-Dec-12 08:21 PM
679 posts
#112172, "RE: role + I am the son of the demon Asmodeus and a com..."
In response to Reply #7

I have to agree with Graatch here this critique didn't come off as constructive in any way.

Your interpretation of 'that thief's interaction' was a bit skewed also. There was more to that scenario than you had insight into.

I think Tia played her role consistent to her beliefs as did Krunk. You are both standout characters. One of you happens to have lived a life that requires watching over a Village (full of people) and another a village (not so full of people).

Let's not detract from a mass murderer of Villagers, which has repercussions. Despite this, you handled it with Orcish grace.

ZephonMon 03-Dec-12 11:19 AM
Member since 21st Mar 2007
488 posts
#112134, "This makes me sad."
In response to Reply #0

I liked Tia a lot. I guess the good news about this is that there will have to be another rites soon. Hope you had fun!

Tiarhelle (Anonymous)Mon 03-Dec-12 11:46 PM
Charter member
#112146, "RE: This makes me sad."
In response to Reply #1

Thank you..I liked Kontoln a lot too. Thanks for being a great co-leader, you were a perfect DM.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #112132 Previous topic | Next topic