Subject: "(DELETED) [FORTRESS] Aranohl the Champion of the Virtue..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #111797
Show all folders

Death_AngelThu 15-Nov-12 11:16 AM
Member since 28th Sep 2024
17190 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#111797, "(DELETED) [FORTRESS] Aranohl the Champion of the Virtues"

Thu Nov 15 09:14:01 2012

At 4 o'clock PM, Day of Deception, 9th of the Month of the Great Evil
on the Theran calendar Aranohl perished, never to return.

Race:dwarf
Class:paladin
Level:51
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:FORTRESS, the Fortress of Light
Hours:105

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Aranohl the Champion of the Vi..., Aranohl (Anonymous), 15-Nov-12 12:25 PM, #2
Reply Sorry man., Duvam (Anonymous), 15-Nov-12 12:10 PM, #3
Reply RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Aranohl the Champion of the Vi..., Drog (Anonymous), 15-Nov-12 06:42 PM, #4
Reply 2-handed sword - Paladins - little bit of a walkthrough..., Aranohl (Anonymous), 16-Nov-12 02:15 PM, #6
Reply RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Aranohl the Champion of the Vi..., Silasalan (Anonymous), 16-Nov-12 01:22 PM, #5
Reply RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Aranohl the Champion of the Vi..., Merrol (Anonymous), 15-Nov-12 11:26 AM, #1

Aranohl (Anonymous)Thu 15-Nov-12 11:46 AM
Charter member
#111799, "RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Aranohl the Champion of the Vi..."
In response to Reply #0
Edited on Thu 15-Nov-12 12:25 PM

Thank you to the playerbase, and all the Immortals.

Its been just under two years since my last character, and it was nice to get back into the groove as a little free time came back up in my life.
Unfortunately my soon to be wife feels my attention is being sorely misdirected.

Thank you to all the Fortress, I honestly didnt realize how powerful they were when i created or i probably would of chosen something else.

To all of my enemies.

I did certainly try to be in your side no matter what you were doing, but once landed a kill i tried to back off and give you your space. I am sorry
that some felt i was grieving them, and i certainly can say that i tried to travel with other fortress as little as possible to give everyone a chance.

It was even painful to hear constantly over the CB that everyone was taking turns on what evils there were on.

Thank you for the experience.

Duvam (Anonymous)Thu 15-Nov-12 12:10 PM
Charter member
#111800, "Sorry man."
In response to Reply #2

My leaving that evening was over a similar issue.

I had fun with Aranohl the time we ran around together.
Best of luck whenever you come back.

Drog (Anonymous)Thu 15-Nov-12 06:42 PM
Charter member
#111802, "RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Aranohl the Champion of the Vi..."
In response to Reply #2

Wish we could have gotten to compare more notes on 2h spec. Glwyn. Moderation is the key for wife and CF... also try ether.

Aranohl (Anonymous)Fri 16-Nov-12 02:15 PM
Charter member
#111817, "2-handed sword - Paladins - little bit of a walkthrough..."
In response to Reply #4

Hey Dro.

Paladins are a phenomenal class to play, and to be completely honest, every single Paladin can be uniquely diverse from one another, even if they go 2-Handed weapons.

To start off with, the biggest deciding factor at the end of the day is the immortal you select.

Depending on your roleplay, and the Immortals roleplay, it can play out in a variety of formats. I'll kind of go through some of them but check out the virtues on QHCF.NET

At the end of the day, your strength will end up depending on the Immortal you choose.

TEMPERANCE adds the sorely needed defense of the 2H paladin
FAITH turns your enemy healers and shamans into meat by being able to dispel their communes, and heavily resist their attacks
RETRIBUTION - A great offensive mechanism in combination with Light of heaven to dispel your enemies.
HOPE - For those who are more of an ACOLYTE type, Allows you to heal diseases off of yourself, an escape for you and your groupmates (cursed or not). and Sanctuary for all!
Charity - Adds the healer component to your Paladin.

VIRTUE - TEMPERANCE
"It's like adding the Shield dedication to your Paladin"

It's very much as it sounds, Essence of the Temperance add's a massive boost to your Parrying ability, the sacrifice is it makes your Strikes/Templar skills incredibly unreliable (especially when your facing a target which can hold you). Using it essentially turns you into a wrathing paladin, unless you land a lucky 3-strike. It will cause your strikes to almost act like they are at 75%, one of them will fail.

Divine Insight - It is essentially adding a dodge/or parry skill to your skill set. Efficient, and reliable, its like you gained dodge at a high dex level.

Revelation - Allows you to see those who are hidden/invisible/camo'd. I havent confirmed this, but i am 99% sure that if you use it on an assassin in the room, it acts as if you have seen them, and kills off all the stalks they have gathered.

Templars vigilance - A higher level, more reliable, frequent twitchy for evils around you. Know then those hidden/invis/camo'd evils are around you. Always fires almost immediately when they walk into the same area and continues to fire as long as they stay.

Counter Strike - Masters quickly, its essentially a perma weakened charge -set that takes up mana when successful. i have seen it fire anything from 1 - 3 strikes.

VIRTUE - FAITH
Turns those enemy Healers and Shamans into Meat.

I wont break down this particular one, but in combination with temperance it is phenomenal. Divine interruption is essentially a dispel against communes. While it also boosts your ability to ward off communes.

Add the Spiritual Hammer, which is great for those who arent a Maran, or on a different cabal path. A reliable heavy hitting weapon that can heal, or be divine power attack.

Fires and Brimstones - Brings out those hidden enemies if you have Temperance!

Biggest thing that most forget about. utilize your templar moves. They can cause blinding that lasts a little longer then dirt kick. Bleeding, even lagging.

Best thing you can do it utilize QHCF.NET paladin helpfiles and edges (some edges boost the skills alot)
and search help every skill and test it out for yourself.

Depending on the Virtue, your character can gain tremendous boosts against certain classes, and others boost your abilities for whether you are the lone wolf, or saviour of your cabal.

Plus. Look at a history of Paladins PBF, look at who they followed, and what virtues were given.

Most of the IMMs who empower Paladins, tend towards specific virtues for their religion.

Silasalan (Anonymous)Fri 16-Nov-12 01:22 PM
Charter member
#111815, "RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Aranohl the Champion of the Vi..."
In response to Reply #2

Sorry to see you go man, you helped me out and I learned a good deal from you. Good luck with your next char!

Merrol (Anonymous)Thu 15-Nov-12 11:26 AM
Charter member
#111798, "RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Aranohl the Champion of the Vi..."
In response to Reply #0

I thought you were a well-played character. Sorry to see your deletion. Good luck on your next!

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #111797 Previous topic | Next topic