Subject: "(DELETED) [NEXUS] Raqas the Historian" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #111777
Show all folders

Death_AngelWed 14-Nov-12 01:56 PM
Member since 28th Sep 2024
17190 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#111777, "(DELETED) [NEXUS] Raqas the Historian"

Wed Nov 14 11:55:10 2012

At 1 o'clock PM, Day of Deception, 9th of the Month of the Shadows
on the Theran calendar Raqas perished, never to return.

Race:wood-elf
Class:bard
Level:46
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:NEXUS, Nexus, Seekers of Balance
Hours:93

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Bards!, xrus, 14-Nov-12 02:52 PM, #1
     Reply RE: Bards!, Mardrorn (Anonymous), 14-Nov-12 06:20 PM, #2
     Reply RE: Bards!, xrus, 15-Nov-12 03:51 AM, #3
     Reply RE: Bards!, Daevryn, 15-Nov-12 07:54 PM, #4
          Reply I do know!, xrus, 16-Nov-12 06:12 AM, #5
          Reply I'd like to say I don't feel this is made clear in the ..., Artificial, 16-Nov-12 10:22 AM, #6

xrusWed 14-Nov-12 02:52 PM
Member since 13th May 2011
318 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#111778, "Bards!"
In response to Reply #0

My first bard over rank 18, and I pushed Raqas too much and died a lot, but I learned a lot about the class too. (dirge, fantasia and grand nocturne are those songs I never used effectively, but now I know where one should use them).

Bards are OP, AWESOME and STRONG! I'm very happy with this experience with bards.
The edge which helps building -moral on foe is very nice. The only ones I had problem were the two dark STSF elves of the village, which I learned how to face them later (I never succeeded against them, but not because of tactical/power issues, but because of my connection problems)
Never used aura/shield, but stone-skin/haste/size-change/fly are enough even to make a strong bard out of a newb! Heh.. But I never used anything other than fly (Once I used haste).

Apologies to those I interacted with. Raqas was not to live much longer anyway.

delete reasons:
1. Raqas was down to about 4con.
2. I'm sure that it was not a matter of luck! I always had great problem with all my internet connections as soon as I involved in a PvP! At times I had about four rounds delay for whole the fight! Ever anyone had same problem? It occured for about 5 of Raqas's con, and in a few of the events, I checked another char fast and there were no problem!

Mardrorn (Anonymous)Wed 14-Nov-12 06:20 PM
Charter member
#111784, "RE: Bards!"
In response to Reply #1

Good fights! You were a classy enemy and always showed guts.

Good luck with your next!

xrusThu 15-Nov-12 03:51 AM
318 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#111789, "RE: Bards!"
In response to Reply #2

Expected less potent songs from a dwarf! Thought Raqas will resist most of them, but mardrorn did kick some ass on our fights.

DaevrynThu 15-Nov-12 07:54 PM
Member since 13th Feb 2007
11117 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#111804, "RE: Bards!"
In response to Reply #1

> 2. I'm sure that it was not a matter of luck! I always had
>great problem with all my internet connections as soon as I
>involved in a PvP! At times I had about four rounds delay for
>whole the fight! Ever anyone had same problem? It occured for
>about 5 of Raqas's con, and in a few of the events, I checked
>another char fast and there were no problem!

I assume the answer is yes, but I have to ask: you understand lagging / command denial attacks, right?

xrusFri 16-Nov-12 06:12 AM
318 posts
#111809, "I do know!"
In response to Reply #4

I mean, I got two rounds, then didn't get anything for about three rounds' delay (let's say 6 seconds) and got two more round data (mostly partially up to half of the 2nd or 3rd round) and so on..
So I usually couldn't see data of the last two/three rounds.

p.s. To make sure that I know lagging/command denial, I can say that, once three villagers attacked Raqas at the inners and bash/cranial/vibrato lagged Raqas for six rounds and after those rounds, I could see Raqas's song come out. But the situations above were totally different.

ArtificialFri 16-Nov-12 10:22 AM
Member since 22nd Apr 2008
1180 posts
#111812, "I'd like to say I don't feel this is made clear in the ..."
In response to Reply #4

I read a review once that said he felt the game lagged a whole ####load every time he entered combat in certain places and against players.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #111777 Previous topic | Next topic