Subject: "(DELETED) [None] Hakan Daagfinnr the Herald of War" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #111649
Show all folders

Death_AngelWed 31-Oct-12 12:36 PM
Member since 28th Sep 2024
17190 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#111649, "(DELETED) [None] Hakan Daagfinnr the Herald of War"

Wed Oct 31 10:33:21 2012

At 12 o'clock AM, Day of Thunder, 3rd of the Month of Winter
on the Theran calendar Hakan perished, never to return.

Race:human
Class:anti-paladin
Level:43
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:None, None
Hours:126

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

QuixoticWed 31-Oct-12 12:57 PM
Member since 09th Feb 2006
837 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#111651, "It seems like I should have had more hours than this."
In response to Reply #0

I had a last name at level 6, which was first for me, and I really liked the role. It truly was an RP character, although I'm sure people thought I was trying to game the system. Because isn't that what veterans do? Find some mechanic they can abuse the hell out of?

In this case, no. As I was resolved to try to get into the Isle, I didn't take any of the spells available to an AP that mentioned invoking devilish powers, and I would not have even considered it without having both membership on the Isle and the blessing of the Nexus gods. Hakan was a paladin of Twist, putting the defense of those things important to Twist (magic, honesty, and the Isle) above all. As a result of his non-standard views, Hakan was treated to a healthy dose of doubt, suspicion, and scorn with a few close people who rooted for him. I felt that way even from the staff, for although I had my beefy role at level 1 and a last name at level 6, I didn't receive a lick of imm experience until I had played the character for 75 hours. Holy mixed messages, Batman!

Alas, but I am reaching crunch time in my coursework, and I do not have the time necessary to devote to a pure RP character, particularly one that is yet in a state of transition that requires connections to people who are dying, imming, or infrequently available.

God sped; warre isst michel, ac war isst micheler.

Ryuko (Anonymous)Wed 31-Oct-12 12:51 PM
Charter member
#111650, "RE: (DELETED) [None] Hakan Daagfinnr the Herald of War"
In response to Reply #0

Sorry to see this. Neat concept, I was rooting for you. A-P's can be tough at the best of times and you didn't make it any easier for yourself by trying for nexus, but I thought you did fairly well. Why the delete?

Perpetual_NoobWed 31-Oct-12 06:25 PM
Member since 28th Jul 2012
358 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#111653, "RE: (DELETED) [None] Hakan Daagfinnr the Herald of War"
In response to Reply #1

I thought it was cool idea, and player-wise rooted for you, IC He still gotta die.

P_N

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #111649 Previous topic | Next topic