Subject: "(DELETED) [SCION] Ragloghlin the Herald of War" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #110883
Show all folders

Death_AngelWed 12-Sep-12 09:24 PM
Member since 28th Sep 2024
17190 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#110883, "(DELETED) [SCION] Ragloghlin the Herald of War"

Wed Sep 12 19:21:26 2012

At 10 o'clock PM, Day of the Bull, 8th of the Month of the Shadows
on the Theran calendar Ragloghlin perished, never to return.

Race:dark-elf
Class:anti-paladin
Level:43
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:SCION, the Scions of Eternal Night
Hours:506

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Boy oh boy how I wanted to kill you, Jinjer (Anonymous), 16-Sep-12 10:32 AM, #33
Reply Avoided fighting you?!?, Quixotic, 16-Sep-12 12:10 PM, #34
Reply Why would an AP want to kill you?, Gaspar, 16-Sep-12 01:59 PM, #35
Reply Revenge Denied, Cabreskal (Anonymous), 14-Sep-12 09:35 PM, #31
Reply You were cursed., Quixotic, 15-Sep-12 07:48 AM, #32
Reply @#$!#!$ forum software, Quixotic, 12-Sep-12 10:09 PM, #2
Reply Disappointed to see this, Haphellna (Anonymous), 12-Sep-12 10:42 PM, #3
Reply RE: Disappointed to see this, Quixotic, 13-Sep-12 09:38 AM, #10
     Reply RE: Disappointed to see this, Haphellna (Anonymous), 13-Sep-12 02:55 PM, #27
Reply Sad to see this, Itijinithili (Anonymous), 12-Sep-12 11:24 PM, #4
Reply You are going to be scary., Quixotic, 13-Sep-12 09:41 AM, #11
Reply Sad to see you go!, Zameida (Anonymous), 12-Sep-12 11:58 PM, #5
Reply RE: Sad to see you go!, Quixotic, 13-Sep-12 09:45 AM, #12
Reply RE: @#$!#!$ forum software, Ezgrint (Anonymous), 13-Sep-12 01:40 AM, #6
Reply RE: @#$!#!$ forum software, Ezgrint (Anonymous), 13-Sep-12 01:41 AM, #7
Reply The great rivalry, Quixotic, 13-Sep-12 09:54 AM, #13
Reply RE: @#$!#!$ forum software, Trelvant (Anonymous), 13-Sep-12 03:47 AM, #8
Reply Druids are another class I need to play., Quixotic, 13-Sep-12 09:59 AM, #14
     Reply spell lands fine for drow, incognito, 13-Sep-12 07:19 PM, #29
Reply You should have tried very hard to, Voralian, 13-Sep-12 08:03 AM, #9
Reply Actually, Quixotic, 13-Sep-12 10:06 AM, #15
     Reply I know.., Kov (CFOT) certified (Anonymous), 13-Sep-12 10:45 AM, #19
Reply RE: @#$!#!$ forum software, Barethayn (Anonymous), 13-Sep-12 10:20 AM, #16
Reply The first assassination is always the hardest and usual..., Quixotic, 13-Sep-12 10:43 AM, #18
Reply RE: @#$!#!$ forum software, TJHuron, 13-Sep-12 10:38 AM, #17
Reply Hagmish!, Quixotic, 13-Sep-12 10:45 AM, #20
Reply RE: @#$!#!$ forum software, Narissorin..., (Anonymous), 13-Sep-12 11:11 AM, #21
Reply The Boss, Quixotic, 13-Sep-12 11:47 AM, #22
Reply I was looking forward to seeing you climb upwards, Zhenyen, 13-Sep-12 11:48 AM, #23
Reply RE: I was looking forward to seeing you climb upwards, Quixotic, 13-Sep-12 02:29 PM, #25
Reply I found myself cheering for this character., Whiysdan, 13-Sep-12 01:27 PM, #24
Reply RE: I found myself cheering for this character., Quixotic, 13-Sep-12 02:34 PM, #26
Reply what is the point of perfecting vault?, incognito, 13-Sep-12 07:16 PM, #28
     Reply RE:perfecting vault, Quixotic, 13-Sep-12 08:40 PM, #30
Reply I thought you had been around a while., TMNS, 12-Sep-12 09:35 PM, #1

Jinjer (Anonymous)Sun 16-Sep-12 10:32 AM
Charter member
#111012, "Boy oh boy how I wanted to kill you"
In response to Reply #0

Nearly had you several times, I liked your character just not how much you avoid fighting me once I got up in my 40's. I dont mean anything bad by that of course, its how you have to play an AP sometimes. I liked you and Hanna both, I ended up getting Hanna but dont think I got you. Anyway good luck wit your next man see ya in the fields

QuixoticSun 16-Sep-12 12:10 PM
Member since 09th Feb 2006
837 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#111013, "Avoided fighting you?!?"
In response to Reply #33

I was the guy who went into the suite in Balator and attacked you, knowing you would dispel my translucence.

Now I did avoid fighting you if I thought you were with David, or if I knew that there was an imperial or more just one area away, but I was not particularly afraid to fight you. I just wasn't going to suicide myself on a dispel and lag party.

GasparSun 16-Sep-12 01:59 PM
Member since 08th Oct 2007
367 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#111014, "Why would an AP want to kill you?"
In response to Reply #33

Everyone knows gingers don't have souls.

Cabreskal (Anonymous)Fri 14-Sep-12 09:35 PM
Charter member
#110985, "Revenge Denied"
In response to Reply #0

Gesh. The pendelum was bound to swing back my way eventually. It seemed that whenever we met, something would go terribly wrong for me...

I always had the worst luck when you were involved. That last time on Kidanna, the fire brought me out of duo and I lost my concentration on word twice right before you slept me...

Sorry that the choice to delete was pretty much made for you and good luck with the next.

QuixoticSat 15-Sep-12 07:48 AM
837 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#110986, "You were cursed."
In response to Reply #31

I'll post logs of our fights later today, but in none of the three times I got you should you have died. In two of the three you were part of a group that really should have torn me apart, but Whisydan was apparently whistling over my shoulder.

Looking at your gear, you appear to either know your stuff or know the right people, but playing a transmuter in Empire means everyone is going to gun for you. Good luck

QuixoticWed 12-Sep-12 10:08 PM
837 posts
#110885, "@#$!#!$ forum software"
In response to Reply #0
Edited on Wed 12-Sep-12 10:09 PM

If I hadn't revealed myself because of the editting glitch on the official forum software, I would not have deleted. I had felt I had something of a rhythm with this character, my second AP, and although I was nothing of a powerhouse I felt like I actually had a chance, however small, against most anyone. That was a new and wonderful feeling. The AP toolkit is just so wonderfully utilitarian.

The character's role became quite stagnant, and like so often, I prayed to Scarabaeus and on day two of this character, POOF he went mostly inactive. I swear I am the kiss of death. My next character concept is religious and rp-intensive, so we'll see if I can drive off another immortal.

On the positive side, I really liked the spells and skills I had available. Improving all bajillion of them was far easier on a dark elf than my fire giant AP, and the sneak made it easier to steal up on people and get them to sleep. Vault took exactly 500 tries to perfect--I recorded them in a variable--which was pretty painful, but the attack is so damned good it is worth the pain.

On the negative side, I was really fragile. Fighting Kontoln with ABS and 1000 hps after a despoil, I barely lived past his opening pincer. Mithril daggers tore me apart--Ubudhizh, giant dagger specs are supposed to be a joke. Didn't someone tell you that? I couldn't bash anyone twice, which makes sealing a kill hard. I found my aura and sienna, but what separates the scary non-airform mages from the mediocre is access to regular and easy barrier. That's just the design of the game.

Interactions were superb with everyone, foe and friend alike. For specific commentary, post and I'll respond.

Haphellna (Anonymous)Wed 12-Sep-12 10:42 PM
Charter member
#110887, "Disappointed to see this"
In response to Reply #2

I am impressed by your hours and rather dismayed you went out this way. Would have been interested in developing more with you.

QuixoticThu 13-Sep-12 09:38 AM
837 posts
#110918, "RE: Disappointed to see this"
In response to Reply #3

I had found some discrepancies between the help files and the fire control, and I had meant to post them on the bug board but put them on Gameplay. As a few of them seemed buggy, I deleted them off the Gameplay and posted them on the bugboard. Unfortunately, sometime after (but not immediately after) I had deleted them off of Gameplay the webpage did the old "Subject: XXXXX Quixotic (Not Ragloghlin)." The good thing was that one of the exploits seemed to have been fixed over the weekend around the time I changed my unholy to something decent.

Haph was a great traveling buddy. I was really looking forward to capitalizing on your forms to explore and pk, but it was not to be. Keep plugging away. I hear there is an opening in Scion now.

Haphellna (Anonymous)Thu 13-Sep-12 02:55 PM
Charter member
#110959, "RE: Disappointed to see this"
In response to Reply #10

My form combination is rather interesting. I had hoped to utilize the lower forms a lot more. Had things played out as I wished I would have been really strong in the 30's. Instead I lacked. So I pushed and worked to develop my slow progressing role. The burden of the Scion wait list. But who knows what the future holds!

Itijinithili (Anonymous)Wed 12-Sep-12 11:24 PM
Charter member
#110892, "Sad to see this"
In response to Reply #2

From what I saw you had a great build going, some controls, and I looked forward to seeing a competent hero AP in scion. Sad to see you go! I was a fan.

P.S. Yea, villager suck sometimes.

QuixoticThu 13-Sep-12 09:41 AM
837 posts
#110919, "You are going to be scary."
In response to Reply #4

You seem good at finding people, you appear competent at surviving and playerkilling, and you showed me that cool trick with that particular npc. I can feel the morale of your pk-range fall once you get duo and some wands. Take it to them.

Zameida (Anonymous)Wed 12-Sep-12 11:58 PM
Charter member
#110895, "Sad to see you go!"
In response to Reply #2

I hope you took my bantering at you as RP, because that's what it was.

I enjoyed the past days where we hung around a bit, PKing etc. Yeah, drow AP is a real glass cannon, with emphasis on glass... But if you build the weapon, it'll be one of the strongest builds.

GLWYN!

QuixoticThu 13-Sep-12 09:45 AM
837 posts
#110920, "RE: Sad to see you go!"
In response to Reply #5

I took it in stride. If anything, I was sucking up too much to you for this character. You should have heard how I talked to Narissorin during my interview: I expected him to kill me as soon as I entered his pk range.

Hunting with Zameida was fun. I wish I could have heroed and run around with you more, but after I outted myself I knew ever interaction with anything would be tainted by suspicions of positive or negative bias.

Ezgrint (Anonymous)Thu 13-Sep-12 01:40 AM
Charter member
#110896, "RE: @#$!#!$ forum software"
In response to Reply #2

Super sad to see this. I really, really liked fighting you. You were fun and god damn were you ballsy. Our fight in the Fort, I was just shocked you hung around. You were too smart to just accidentally hang around that long so I'm glad whatever you were planning backfired.

Your banter was also awesome. I was kind of looking forward to fearing you once you got all juiced up.

Ezgrint (Anonymous)Thu 13-Sep-12 01:41 AM
Charter member
#110897, "RE: @#$!#!$ forum software"
In response to Reply #6

Also, now I'll never know how many charges I'm worth!

QuixoticThu 13-Sep-12 09:54 AM
837 posts
#110921, "The great rivalry"
In response to Reply #6

This was the first character I felt I could actually fight against a shaman. It was also the first character I've played where I really didn't feel the 8 levels I was giving up were a huge disadvantage. Go figure.

In our fight in the fort, I believe it was the advisor who said, "Fortress has the codex. You might find Ezgrint there."

So I charge in, I think I had aura and despoil, and when I engage you I mention I'm fighting you. The fight is going fairly evenly, although my spells aren't landing too well, and you are getting all tied up by dirt kick and the nightwalker. God I love nightwalkers.

When the fight was getting closer than I was comfortable, I tried to bail but I noticed I had no mana. I had been cursed from a fight with a mob, so I don't think I even tried to word out, so I said to hell with it, he is writhing/convulsing too. Ah well, you win some, you stand up at the pit some.

When I looked at the log after the fight I realized that my curse had fallen during the fight and I actually could have survived. Lolz.

Ezgrint was great, and I really liked that you were willing to fight alone or against groups. Poor, poor Cabreskal. He was not nearly as lucky as you against me.

Trelvant (Anonymous)Thu 13-Sep-12 03:47 AM
Charter member
#110899, "RE: @#$!#!$ forum software"
In response to Reply #2

I had hoped to have further interactions with you down the road. GL with the next.

QuixoticThu 13-Sep-12 09:59 AM
837 posts
#110923, "Druids are another class I need to play."
In response to Reply #8

Druids have so many options, great mobility and offensive/defensive capability. I didn't get to fight a druid after getting worldbind, but the spell does not land readily, and I knew that your servitors would tear my defenseless butt apart.

Druids and bards make outlander strong. Make a name for yourself, and I will see you with my next.

incognitoThu 13-Sep-12 07:19 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
4495 posts
Click to add this author to your buddy list
#110963, "spell lands fine for drow"
In response to Reply #14

I imagine your issue was that you still hadn't hit hero, so you were giving up levels on your opponents.

Also, don't forget there are edges you can take to help land stuff vs communers.

VoralianThu 13-Sep-12 08:03 AM
Member since 13th Dec 2011
291 posts
#110903, "You should have tried very hard to"
In response to Reply #2

Hit hero so you didnt have out of range waker upers and
got some charges.

More risk, easier rewards.

Don't know the advice, try it.

I ranked seven characters past yours.

QuixoticThu 13-Sep-12 10:06 AM
837 posts
#110926, "Actually"
In response to Reply #9

At level 43, the only hero I knew of I could not fight was Ziruanji, the storm paladin, and as I mentioned earlier, if I was prepared I would try to fight almost anyone I saw solo, even if it was only to flee with 100 hps after the pincer lag wore off.

The moment I decided to level past 36 I wanted to level to 48 so I could more easily look for my sleek black, but in one block of login times I would have been leveling solo with Clahier and Illanthos hunting me mercilessly, and in the evening hours the people I could have relied on for leveling were all caught up in cabal wars and pk. I was constantly looking for a potential traveling party.

Besides, the game does not start at hero.

Kov (CFOT) certified (Anonymous)Thu 13-Sep-12 10:45 AM
Charter member
#110932, "I know.."
In response to Reply #15

It starts at 36 with aps.

It really sucks how some hero's will go after the easy targets each login. FIgure this. Air form and Tesseract fort hunt each easy target during login. Each rangereaver/druid do same, same for each cable.

You won't have a login much more where you can't hero certain builds without loosing much con unless you play it perfect. I don't have that span no more.

BOOO to the heros that go for easy kills, knowing that they are just dropping con and not letting the good fights at hero happen.

Why would I want a evil to grow in power and take my fapfap shinnies that I don't let the better rped forties who will risk it to the same evils.. fap fap fap.

I am CFOT certified as of today.

Barethayn (Anonymous)Thu 13-Sep-12 10:20 AM
Charter member
#110928, "RE: @#$!#!$ forum software"
In response to Reply #2

Sorry to see this. I was really looking forward to coming up and interacting more with you. It was awesome to receive some IC validation of Barethayn though. GPWYN.

QuixoticThu 13-Sep-12 10:43 AM
837 posts
#110931, "The first assassination is always the hardest and usual..."
In response to Reply #16

It is, in my opinion, a good idea to cultivate healthy relations with people who can heal you and steal from you, and if you don't have means of travel other than walking, who might assassinate you. I certainly would have liked having you about to scout for me.

Good luck with your plans, and we will see you in the fields.

TJHuronThu 13-Sep-12 10:38 AM
Member since 28th Nov 2007
1132 posts
#110930, "RE: @#$!#!$ forum software"
In response to Reply #2

I thought you were pretty cool as Hagmish. You seemed to know what you were doing. Drow AP has to be hard as hell. I've tried my hand at a few APs of little note. I agree with what you said, you definitely need a good barrier source in my opinion. I always would get frustrated playing conservatively and waiting for the right PKs. Next things I would know I would be attacking a RBW and getting smoked.

QuixoticThu 13-Sep-12 10:45 AM
837 posts
#110933, "Hagmish!"
In response to Reply #17

I was really disappointed when you deleted. Your character had a strong voice and I would have loved running with you. It's too bad things didn't work out.

Narissorin..., (Anonymous)Thu 13-Sep-12 11:11 AM
Charter member
#110939, "RE: @#$!#!$ forum software"
In response to Reply #2

This really leaves a bad taste in my mouth. I honestly had pretty damn big plans starting to fall into place for you and one other of 'the blood', oh well. I do hope you took my continued pressure on you as the role play that it was, the specific hardline I take with a small section of the player base may very well come off as me the player being an asshole but I am trying to toe the line of the character doing what he needs to do while still trying to be just cool enough not to make the experience worse for other players. When I am gone be sure to hit me up for a full explanation and I will go into further detail about everything.

Other than that, I was really quite pleased with how quick you were starting to become a presence. Drow AP are not an easy thing to do, and you were very obviously struggling at first. There were a few times I would log on and you had been getting kicked around trying to retrieve. Those were the times when I would lay off a bit on the snide and driving role play and just let you kind of run around and do your own thing without bothering you. I will say that I was looking forward to your research coming to a head, there were a few secret things that I myself screwed up and missed out on (a certain Marshall rescued the day and all) that we could have applied to what you were studying, I think.

Anyway, good job and it sucks how because of the forum bug things ended.

QuixoticThu 13-Sep-12 11:47 AM
837 posts
#110942, "The Boss"
In response to Reply #21

You were menacing and I loved it. Like the advisor's roleplay, I felt your demeanor was completely in keeping with how you should act, and I harbored desires to see how many charges I could get with a lucky cleave, but keeping on your 'not-bad-side' was definitely in my best interests. You have a great presence and strike me as a good leader, not just someone good at pk.

In terms of getting my butt handed to me, I was down to 7 con despite having trained con fivish times. I think I may well hold the record for mob deaths with this character due to my love for teleport, and I expect to have a bust in the art gallery of the High Lord's Keep dedicated to my mortal remains.

ZhenyenThu 13-Sep-12 11:48 AM
Member since 09th Sep 2012
8 posts
#110943, "I was looking forward to seeing you climb upwards"
In response to Reply #2

I felt it was only a matter of time before you found your final wand and really got rolling. You really shaped my role in certain ways, and was curious to see how our dynamic would play out in the end.

Instead you got killed by forum software.
Pity.

QuixoticThu 13-Sep-12 02:29 PM
837 posts
#110957, "RE: I was looking forward to seeing you climb upwards"
In response to Reply #23

I'm flattered that I might have had an impact on anyone's role. Thank you.

I understand fully why Zhenyen was sitting at level 40, and although I would have loved to sat there with you, for obvious reasons I felt an urge to press on, if for no other reason that to try out the controls before I con died. Good luck with your schemes, and I look forward to hearing about your exploits in the months to come.

WhiysdanThu 13-Sep-12 01:27 PM
Member since 04th Aug 2011
243 posts
#110951, "I found myself cheering for this character."
In response to Reply #2

Good luck with whatever is next. I think this was a very successful character, from what I saw.

=w=

QuixoticThu 13-Sep-12 02:34 PM
837 posts
#110958, "RE: I found myself cheering for this character."
In response to Reply #24

Thank you. Although I didn't win any awards for pk/hour or total pks, I was pretty pleased with how things went overall. I really only lost two weapons, and overall I was at about 42 charges, so as an AP I couldn't complain. I didn't get into heavy RP too often, although I did what I could to carry the poison motif into my conversations with my enemies. Most recently, Illanthos, and then he went and immed that very same day. Oi!

Good fun.

incognitoThu 13-Sep-12 07:16 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
4495 posts
Click to add this author to your buddy list
#110962, "what is the point of perfecting vault?"
In response to Reply #2

I'm curious, as I found it seemed to work just as well at 75% on slept targets (with 100% success rate) and even perfected vault sucked badly on anyone awake.

Also, did you take the vaulting tactician edge? How does that work in practice? Do you have to give it a new target? Will it pick its own randomly? Will you still fall if no one is left in the room?

QuixoticThu 13-Sep-12 08:40 PM
837 posts
#110964, "RE:perfecting vault"
In response to Reply #28

I didn't set out to perfect vault, per se, but I used vault whenever I had an opportunity. Solo killing mobs? Vault to get them bleeding. Pk? vault to bleed and lag them.

Vault targeting seems to be effected by size and target dex. Vaulting a dragon or a medium sized player I never missed, but with a slept svirfneblins in lower cragstone I missed maybe 1/5, even perfected. Arials could be a challenge.

I did not take the vaulting tactician, for if I had a PC slept I felt I could eat a miss. I did take spine of akaraga, and I loved it.

TMNSWed 12-Sep-12 09:35 PM
Member since 10th Jun 2009
2670 posts
#110884, "I thought you had been around a while."
In response to Reply #0

Other than a few sporadic interactions, never really met you. But saw you on a ton.

What was the plan? Likes? Dislikes?

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #110883 Previous topic | Next topic