Subject: "(CON LOSS) [OUTLANDER] Xasivus Kre the Cauterizer of He..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #110827
Show all folders

Death_AngelMon 10-Sep-12 01:24 PM
Member since 28th Sep 2024
17190 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#110827, "(CON LOSS) [OUTLANDER] Xasivus Kre the Cauterizer of Healing, Nightreaver of Thar-Eris"

Mon Sep 10 11:21:54 2012

At 6 o'clock PM, Day of Deception, 9th of the Month of the Spring
on the Theran calendar Xasivus perished, never to return.

Race:human
Class:shapeshifter
Level:51
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:OUTLANDER, the Outlanders of Thar-Eris
Hours:455

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Nexans, Rest of Village, and a few other alibis, Xasivus (Anonymous), 12-Sep-12 08:57 AM, #30
Reply Great fights., Kontoln2 (Anonymous), 12-Sep-12 05:12 PM, #36
Reply RE: Nexans, Rest of Village, and a few other alibis, Inerayo (Anonymous), 12-Sep-12 10:55 PM, #38
Reply Goodbyes cont., Xasivus (Anonymous), 11-Sep-12 09:48 AM, #14
Reply Just realized i left out Nexans completely..., Xasivus (Anonymous), 11-Sep-12 09:52 AM, #15
Reply You were a serious headache., Drekvah (Anonymous), 11-Sep-12 10:45 AM, #17
Reply RE: You were a serious headache., Xasivus (Anonymous), 12-Sep-12 09:07 AM, #32
Reply Ouch!, Salyeris (Anonymous), 11-Sep-12 10:57 AM, #18
Reply As i was walking away this morning i realized I had ski..., Xasivus (Anonymous), 11-Sep-12 04:33 PM, #24
Reply Dispointed..., Zameida (Anonymous), 11-Sep-12 04:10 PM, #22
Reply RE: Dispointed..., Xasivus (Anonymous), 11-Sep-12 04:43 PM, #25
Reply You stopped attacking me and I wish you hadn't., Vaaslin (Anonymous), 11-Sep-12 04:13 PM, #23
Reply Unless I had a reason........, Xasivus (Anonymous), 11-Sep-12 04:46 PM, #26
     Reply I gotta touch on this..., TMNS, 12-Sep-12 07:36 PM, #37
          Reply RE: I gotta touch on this..., Xasivus (Anonymous), 13-Sep-12 09:00 AM, #39
Reply Thanks, Welvinyon (Anonymous), 11-Sep-12 05:04 PM, #27
Reply RE: Thanks, Xasivus (Anonymous), 12-Sep-12 09:03 AM, #31
     Reply RE: Thanks, Tsunami, 12-Sep-12 03:31 PM, #35
Reply Man, you know how to rock out with your c@ck out!, Balta, 11-Sep-12 06:29 PM, #28
Reply RE: Man, you know how to rock out with your c@ck out!, Xasivus (Anonymous), 12-Sep-12 08:39 AM, #29
Reply RE: Goodbyes cont., Narissorin..,, (Anonymous), 12-Sep-12 10:35 AM, #34
Reply At last!, Xafre (Anonymous), 14-Sep-12 04:28 AM, #41
Reply RE: Goodbyes cont., Bell (NOT Oryntohr), 28-Sep-12 04:42 PM, #44
     Reply RE: Goodbyes cont., Xasivus (Anonymous), 29-Sep-12 02:38 AM, #45
Reply Tata, Rylogax (Anonymous), 11-Sep-12 07:21 AM, #6
Reply RE: Tata, Xasivus (Anonymous), 11-Sep-12 09:54 AM, #16
Reply Rambling musings and start of goodbye's, Xasivus (Anonymous), 10-Sep-12 01:59 PM, #2
Reply I deleted Celesa so you can get your quest reward, Knac, 10-Sep-12 06:50 PM, #3
Reply RE: I deleted Celesa so you can get your quest reward, Xasivus (Anonymous), 11-Sep-12 09:06 AM, #12
Reply Seriously one of my favorite enemies of all time., Ziruanja (Anonymous), 10-Sep-12 09:21 PM, #4
Reply RE: Seriously one of my favorite enemies of all time., Xasivus (Anonymous), 11-Sep-12 09:05 AM, #11
     Reply I really enjoyed every scrap buddy., Ziruanja (Anonymous), 11-Sep-12 03:18 PM, #21
Reply Well done, Perr (Anonymous), 10-Sep-12 09:27 PM, #5
Reply RE: Well done, Xasivus (Anonymous), 11-Sep-12 09:08 AM, #13
Reply RE: Rambling musings and start of goodbye's, orangepowered, 11-Sep-12 08:14 AM, #7
Reply RE: Rambling musings and start of goodbye's, Xasivus (Anonymous), 11-Sep-12 09:00 AM, #10
     Reply RE: Rambling musings and start of goodbye's, orangepowered, 11-Sep-12 11:17 AM, #19
Reply Good enmy, KrunkTheOrc (Anonymous), 11-Sep-12 08:24 AM, #8
Reply RE: Good enmy, Xasivus (Anonymous), 11-Sep-12 08:57 AM, #9
Reply RE: Rambling musings and start of goodbye's, Whiysdan, 11-Sep-12 11:21 AM, #20
Reply Horny old goat!!, Rayihn, 12-Sep-12 09:42 AM, #33
Reply RE: Horny old goat!!, Xasivus (Anonymous), 13-Sep-12 09:09 AM, #40
Reply Delayed Response, Amaranthe, 24-Sep-12 06:54 AM, #42
     Reply RE: Delayed Response, Xasivus (Anonymous), 26-Sep-12 09:32 AM, #43
Reply Top hundred character list. nt, Voralian, 10-Sep-12 01:58 PM, #1

Xasivus (Anonymous)Wed 12-Sep-12 08:57 AM
Charter member
#110870, "Nexans, Rest of Village, and a few other alibis"
In response to Reply #0

Alibis before I forget them

Cabasko - Gratz on emeperor. I enjoyed the few fights we had and was glad to see you kept on after losing a few weapons. I am sorry about the looting after the first time, but there wasn't much I could do to stop it.

Tarlita and Volkaen - Pretty sure both of you killed me more than I killed you. Most people just panicked when insects hit, but both of you figured out standing and fighting was much more effective than spamming flee. It helped of course that dagger specs were a pretty bad matchup up for me. There were others who tried to fight and just died horribly (mainly casters) but a lot who just panicked.

Nexans -

Iklahn - Thank for pointing me toward the bathhouse (I never forgot that, I didn't even realize you were a Rayihn follower at that point). I had become pretty frustrated trying to find it and it seemed like no one I asked knew where it was. I am glad we seemed to be back on good terms toward then end of Xasivus' life.

Darikir - As I mentioned before, I really missed you during my morning logins after you deleted to just talk about things. We had some great fights over the months and even better interactions outside of fighting.

Inerayo - Thanks for everything. Another person I loved to talk to even if we were at odds from time to time. Sorry for that last death.

Treyliu - Some great fights. I was kinda glad you killed me once (I totally misjudged that fight). Toward the end, you were the only nexan I ever really fought with. I just couldn't let being the kingpin of galadon go though.

Krelthalious - You took all the fun out of killing nexans for me when you deleted. I fought nexans some, but don't think I used insects again unless it was a conjie or thief.

I transitioned over time in my dealing with Nexans from Kill on site, to fight if Chaos was tipping, to just RP with. This was largely due to Rayihn encouraging me to interact with other followers more (this was guidance that Xasivus had sought out one of the times I was trying to come up with something to talk about).

Battle

Rystai - I don't think Balete and I slew you together as much as it seemed like, though it was quite a bit (I am thinking 1-2 con range). I did try to give you some fair fights, then you looted me pretty hard when you did kill me, although I could completely understand your frustration at that point and didn't fault you for it at all. I am glad you had a better time with Ackor. Both of these characters were horrible matchups for me one on one.

Kontoln - We had some great fights. As a minotaur, you were one of the few villagers I would come after repeatedly, and my intent was always seeing you dead moreso than the quality of the fight which is why I jumped in with nexans several times.

Kontoln2 (Anonymous)Wed 12-Sep-12 05:12 PM
Charter member
#110879, "Great fights."
In response to Reply #30

I got you close a few times. Just a little more luck and I would have gotten you. Good luck with the next.

Inerayo (Anonymous)Wed 12-Sep-12 10:55 PM
Charter member
#110889, "RE: Nexans, Rest of Village, and a few other alibis"
In response to Reply #30

Gonna miss you man. You were fun to have around, I have still very rarely ever been in a guild for any amount of time because of you. I got to the point where I would go in, practice, and teleport out so I didn't get swooped in on. You were a huge force, great job.

Xasivus (Anonymous)Tue 11-Sep-12 09:48 AM
Charter member
#110851, "Goodbyes cont."
In response to Reply #0

Outlander
BFF1 Balete - You were my favorite char to hunt with. You were bloodthirtsy, murderous, and extremely talented which made you an excellent reaver. I got so many complaints about you which always made me think Balete is doing great. Thanks for all the great gear (which I generally lost within a day or two). You always tried to keep me looking sharp.

BFF2 Cgadi - Yeah, I was shocked to see you delete. I expected you to be Harbinger pretty soon (once Orynthor keels over). We did come up around the same time, which gave me a comfort level with you I didn't really have with anyone else in the tree (Balete kinda scared me) so I could whine to you or admit when I had screwed up to get advice on how to fix it.

Like you, I tend to be a serial outlander player and think it is the best cabal going. I don't know if you remember or not, but I helped Balta trying to hero with the walrus I had in outlander a few years back. I ended up deleting him when i left Iraq though, so he didn't amount to much.

Grafacut - I have a big lapse in the years i played, but you were my favorite nightreaver out of the ones I have interacted with. I was the biggest benefactor from your deletion, but I would have rather seen you stick around a few hundred hours more.

I knew you were special when I was playing Dratholus as well. I had planned to stick at 45, but you were kicking so much ass at 46, I wanted to see how you would play out with your second legacy.

Sindrai - I though you were a great character, but always Kinda though you were a bit chummy with me for a Baer follower. I played two wardens my first year back (2010). My first was a complete disaster. The second became Sunwarden, but I kinda knew all the pitfalls from the first one. I am not saying it is necassarily right, but the expectation from my experience is a Warden puts being good ahead of being an outlander (which is why i prefer reavers).

Dreatide - You have it pretty rough right now. Wish i could have played morein prime time toward the end , but I just couldn't.

Orynthor - A steady presence in the tree. Sorry I didn't get as upset about the nexans as you did. I had mellowed to much by that point.

Nythos - Glad to see someone stuck out a centaur. I had rolled one, but Xasivus took off, so i let him auto. I enjoyed our debates and was glad to see you imm.

Jawn - A steady presence in the tree. I have enjoyed this char for a while now.

Trenforl - Another great druid. I should have waited for you before that last death.

Huntress - Thanks for correcting my confusion over possessive and plural tense. I had to retake one English class in college, and I am from Kentucky originally, so still need a lot of help in that regard.

Scions

Narissorin - In my opinion the toughest and classiest character in CF right now. You were pretty much the absolute worse matchup for me I could imagine and I loved it. You had a counter to pretty much anything i could do I never had so much adrenalin going as when we were chasing each other (well you chasing me mostly)across Thera. I am sorry my play times didn't match yours more.

Detogu - I was on you as soon as you left the chasm because I was pretty much always watching you (or any other scion) whenever you were on. Some good fights.

Drekvah - Gratz on liching. Sorry I didn't get to fight you more after.

Zameida - Great charater and some great fights. I had my Zameda sack until the end.

Tribs

(not already mentioned)

Xafre - I was pretty bummed out when you deleted. That last fight. I was using pretty much every single prep that would help me against you and was ignited a time or two as well.

Iani - I got a kick out of everytime you killed me. Wish you were around more.

Ssindra - Glad you came back. I felt a little ill everyone someone rage deleted against me.

Alciroth - I loved your attitude. Was sorry to see you delete.

Overall. The spire has been pretty down for a while now and it seems like everyone that give it a go ends up deleting (i guess i might have had a little to do with that). I am tempted to try one, but just don't think I would have fun with it. I don't do very well sitting around waiting for something to happen. I don't think making it tougher for evils has done much good overall either. A lot of the toughest tribs i remeber were evils (I fed so many deaths to Arkellin)

Empire

Alannah - I thought you were a great empress and did an amazing job with the resources you had to work with. Then you took the easy way out and imm'd (just kidding). I hope to continue to see great things from you in the future. Oh, and there are different methods of collection specimens other than killing someone then trying to extract it.

Qalita - One of the things that went through my head before our early interactions was "well there aren't any outlander imms around to snoop me now anyway." Yeeesh! Anyway Qalita was a lot of fun. I loves your damsel in distress roleplay once I started killing you again. You always did a good job of making me feel guilty about it which kept it pretty low.

Ezgrint - Sorry we won't get to fight more. My last real imperial was a fire shaman that got anathema'd by Agathocles, so I am partial to the build.I was going to make a fire shaman for my next char, but think I will hold off on that for now though. I expect to see big things from you moving forward, but in Empire shelf life always varies.

Kurbrawn - Amazing fights (will will post a few i think have somewher later on). Is good to see someone stick though thr rough times. I think things are looking up a bit now though.

Ejohemi and Jinjer - Good fights and you never backed done. Gratz on the final Kill

Dhavid - I enjoyed our interactions and with we had longer together. You seemed like a very intersting character.

Heralds -

Flackerbuz - Great character, I am sorry if i was mean to you, but I had my reasons.

Wharsi - Thanks for showing me around

I am sure I am forgetting some people and will post again if I think of them.

I have a few logs I will get around to posting on DIOs once I can dig them up. However, I played off the link on the official site about half of the time, so wasn't able to record some of my favorite kills.

Xasivus (Anonymous)Tue 11-Sep-12 09:52 AM
Charter member
#110852, "Just realized i left out Nexans completely..."
In response to Reply #14

Who were HUGE in Xasivus's life. No time to write more now, so will get to them and Welvinyon who I also left out later.

Drekvah (Anonymous)Tue 11-Sep-12 10:45 AM
Charter member
#110854, "You were a serious headache."
In response to Reply #14

Especially pre lich in particular, before I got any of the perks. I still can't believe you ran me down that day and took me out, that one meeting set the pace for my caution the rest of the time I dealt with you. Still the only guy to straight pin me down and beat the snot out of me so far. You were flat out a bad matchup for me, nobody else has been able to put the sort of pressure on me to make me panic like you did. If I had a full army and preps, I could rest easy. If I didn't, I better watch my hide, because you were going to be on me like a fly on dog#### within 5 seconds, weather I was ready for it or not. The world is a lot less dangerous now.

Good, solid, scary foe

Xasivus (Anonymous)Wed 12-Sep-12 09:07 AM
Charter member
#110872, "RE: You were a serious headache."
In response to Reply #17

Silverback is a really bad matchup for classes that rely on casting or communing. It is the best thing I have ever played to take down invokers and healers. Add on top of that the other things I had going for me and it was pretty much a death sentence in a lot of circumstances.

Salyeris (Anonymous)Tue 11-Sep-12 10:57 AM
Charter member
#110855, "Ouch!"
In response to Reply #14

Battle didn't even get an honorable mention? Not even little old me?

Anyway, I appreciated that eventually you did tell me why it was you had such a major case of the I'm going to kill Salyeris going on with your char, the reason was exactly what I expected and had guessed it was. It was nice to have it confirmed and after what had to literally be hundreds of times that you attacked me, we sort of developed a more RP driven relationship than a PK one. But damn, you really hindered me going all over doing other things and hunting other mages with that wyvern.

Not sure if I should apologize for the all those deaths or not, to me it almost became sort of a situation where I would see Xasivus wake up, and I would just sit and wait for it and sure enough you come and attack me no matter where I was. (Ragers are easy to find though)

Just so many fights, it's hard to go over them all, but I'll say I always wanted you thinking you were close to winning. And man, A LOT of times you were one hit from killing me. All my good luck against you though, you have no idea about how much bad luck I had with others.

And your comment at the end about how that quest must have really been an immortal's ingenious plan about how they could get Xasivus con killed really made me laugh.

Anyway, see you in the fields again soon I hope!

Xasivus (Anonymous)Tue 11-Sep-12 04:33 PM
Charter member
#110862, "As i was walking away this morning i realized I had ski..."
In response to Reply #18

and was going to get to it tomorrow (I'll still hit Nexus and a few others tomorrow).

My basic feeling on Salyeris was never have I been so dominated by a character in all the years I have played CF. And what made it worse was it did feel like I was so close so many times. I typically did very well at hitting people at the worse possible time, but I always seemed to get you at full health and ready to go with no one for me to call on to give me an advantage (yeah you knew I was coming).

I lost track of how many times I died to you, but I am guessing you cost me somewhere in the 4-6 con range. No need to apologize since for the most part I could have completely avoided you if I wanted to. They were always great fights, so it was worth it.

If I had longer, I would have tried make our relationship even more RP intensive, but I kinda felt like I was on borrowed time for about the last month.

Zameida (Anonymous)Tue 11-Sep-12 04:10 PM
Charter member
#110860, "Dispointed..."
In response to Reply #14

... You were a great enemy. But we never got the chance to RP, to me, you seemed like flyto-murder shifter nr 1820390 at first when you got the wyvern as a role-contest reward.

Reasons for that were:
1: Stayed at 49 for a long time (I learned later that you had some con-issues?)
2: Never saw any sign of RP from you at all. (I did later, but not much)
3: Well, this was just my frustration, but there were tons of outlanders there for a while. And all they did were ganking me. hehe

After a while I learned (mostly by hearing from others though) that you were quite something. And you were classy when we fought and fun to fight, so in the end I ended up enjoying your pressence.

A shame I didn't get to see the RPing though.

GLWYN!

Xasivus (Anonymous)Tue 11-Sep-12 04:43 PM
Charter member
#110863, "RE: Dispointed..."
In response to Reply #22

Zameida seemed like a great character to me, but my feeling on scions was a bit like my feeling on most of fort in that there really wasn't that much to talk about. We were both in form quite a bit also, which really didn't help anything either.

I did stay at 49 a long time, and 48, and 47, and 50. My opinion on humans is that their biggest advantage is sitting at the top of the food chain within their PK range and the closer they get to hero, the less of an advantage it is, so I very rarely get in a hurry about ranking my low exp combos (I'd much rather be a level 45 orc than a level 50 one.)

I interacted with Narissorin quite a bit more than I did with you, but that was largely a product of us fighting pretty much the whole time when we were both on and was usually after he had kicked my ass and consisted of him telling me he was scary as #### and going to get scarier which Xasivus believed hence a greater focus on going after scions.

Vaaslin (Anonymous)Tue 11-Sep-12 04:13 PM
Charter member
#110861, "You stopped attacking me and I wish you hadn't."
In response to Reply #14

You were a challenge and I enjoyed our fights, even when you got me with no health! Great character.

Xasivus (Anonymous)Tue 11-Sep-12 04:46 PM
Charter member
#110864, "Unless I had a reason........"
In response to Reply #23

I typically did not fight the same villager repeatedly unless there was nothing else for me to do, and I definitely wasn't going after another Rayihn follower without good reason. The few fight we had were pretty good ones though (except that time you were almost dead and trying to get in your guild, the guild part was why I went after you.)

TMNSWed 12-Sep-12 07:36 PM
Member since 10th Jun 2009
2670 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#110881, "I gotta touch on this..."
In response to Reply #26

...since I for one thought Xasivus was mo'fuggin awesome, it's without bias.

You ####ing CRACKED me up with the whole "Evil bastard who is actually kinda nice and polite and OH WAIT IS HE CLAWING MY FACE OFF? WHY?!?!?!". It's something I was going for with past characters (no names...no need to rehash that) and I really enjoy those types of evil characters.

Your need to kick me out of my guild REPEATEDLY by attacking me and then letting me just walk off as the komodo made me smile almost every single time. Afterwards, you'd just say something like 'Stay out of the guild and I won't attack you' and I'd be like 'But Xasi, baby, I love when you swoop down as a wyvern and beat on me'.

We even talked about you on Nexus cabal channel a few times. I think I called you the "Polite mass-murderer".

Xasivus (Anonymous)Thu 13-Sep-12 09:00 AM
Charter member
#110908, "RE: I gotta touch on this..."
In response to Reply #37

Xasivus always said he was nothing if not polite (I had to tell Cgadi that everytime they told me I didn't have to thank them for shields.

Welvinyon (Anonymous)Tue 11-Sep-12 05:04 PM
Charter member
#110865, "Thanks"
In response to Reply #14

Thanks for the offer/chance to join Outlander. Was my first time ever and didn't expect to do so with the character. Enjoyed hunting with you, but when you weren't around I often felt very alone. Alone is fine, since that was what the character was meant to be, but not with the added responsibility of defending the tree and what not!

My next character will likely be Outlander though and you were instrumental in making Outlander seem more like a viable choice for me. I knew little/nothing of the cabal dynamics "from the inside" before this.

It was a hell of a lot of fun trying to keep up with you on the hunt. I know most of the time we ended up in civilization so all I could do was serpent strike and be there for some damage. Anyway, from a blip on the radar of your character's life: Thank you and cool character.

Xasivus (Anonymous)Wed 12-Sep-12 09:03 AM
Charter member
#110871, "RE: Thanks"
In response to Reply #27

I probably would not have inducted Welvinyon if I had known more of his history, but with all of the Drama that seemed to ensue afterwards I never regretted it. I got smacked around by the ancients for it, but nothing that caused any lasting damage to Xasivus (things were going great religion/rp wise at that point, a definite advantage to having a patron imm outside your cabal).

I really liked the vibe I got from the character and you seemed to get the most out of what I considered a less than optimal combo, which was why I wanted you in the tree.

I always appreciated your tenaciousness and am sorry If i pushed you down a path that ruined the character's viability for you.

TsunamiWed 12-Sep-12 03:31 PM
Member since 25th Mar 2008
1509 posts
#110877, "RE: Thanks"
In response to Reply #31

Oh yes, I fully expected you would not have inducted me if you knew my history. I hinted at that a bit, but wasn't going to flat out say your gods won't like it or something. You had me worried a bit when you said the Ancients brought it up. Glad it brought Drama (excitment?) and not too much pain.

Nobody but me can "ruin a character's viability" that I am playing! So no sweat there.

BaltaTue 11-Sep-12 06:29 PM
Member since 05th Apr 2011
166 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#110866, "Man, you know how to rock out with your c@ck out!"
In response to Reply #14

You were a beast.. I cannot thing of any other char that was not a villager who blasted through con like you did

In all seriousness, you were one of Cgadi's BFFs as well.. we met in middle teens? I want to say.. and were around each other ever since...

And thank you for the little confident moments... especially about asking me to find you a pair of pretty shoes

And as I told you IC.. you were always welcome to my shields.. and it was pretty damn awesome when I was fighting someone.. mentioned over CB they got away.. then hear you say... I will go find them...

then a bit disappointing to me, when 2 minutes later, I hear... They have been feed to the earth.

kudos on a awesome char!

Balta

Xasivus (Anonymous)Wed 12-Sep-12 08:39 AM
Charter member
#110869, "RE: Man, you know how to rock out with your c@ck out!"
In response to Reply #28

Never did find any shoes, at least not pretty ones

Narissorin..,, (Anonymous)Wed 12-Sep-12 10:35 AM
Charter member
#110875, "RE: Goodbyes cont."
In response to Reply #14

Well thank you for the compliment!

I have to tip my hat to you, fighting that Wyvern in the air was dangerous(Yup, I'm still jealous!). I was at such a disadvantage if you caught me unaware, such as the time above Talshidar when I tried to flee from you maybe 6-7 times and you cut me off every single time. A very classy foe who was fun to interact with both in PK and RP (RP doubly so when you started using your shift key! I know that shouldn't bother me but it always has). I always enjoyed fighting you and watching the various goodies come around and jump on you instead of me, then our conversation would be about how silly they were because they didn't realize what was coming (this was pre-lich of course... maybe there is more coming too, who can say!).

Thanks for being classy and adding excitement and respect to the game while still being an evil tree loving hippie.

p.s. See, I told you the Theran skies were mine!

Xafre (Anonymous)Fri 14-Sep-12 04:28 AM
Charter member
#110969, "At last!"
In response to Reply #14

I'm back from a trip and I see you and saly (two chars I had high respect for) are gone!
I loved Xasivus. I am not that into outlanders, but I really liked to create one under your wings.
Xafre respected, feared and knew he had chance against Xasivus, all at the same time. But I knew that Xafre was getting far from just an easy hunt for Xasivus, but anyway, I was not that ready to play a paladin, and Xafre was created just to test a few things, but Ziruanja's presence caused things to go in a way that I kept it for some time.
Heroing Xafre was mostly to be able to fight you and the avatar druid and the two invokers and also the evil ranger!

GLWYN and be on my side.

Bell (NOT Oryntohr)Fri 28-Sep-12 04:42 PM
Charter member
In response to Reply #14

I'm a little late on this, but don't think it's cause I didn't like Xas. I did from what I saw, and I wish we could have spent more time talking. Even though you did punk me on that nexus thing. I just knew you'd have my back, then nope! Ha, j/k. GLWYN!

Xasivus (Anonymous)Sat 29-Sep-12 02:38 AM
Charter member
#111204, "RE: Goodbyes cont."
In response to Reply #44

Sorry about that. In his earlier days Xasivus would have been all over another full blown war, but toward then end he was probably interacting with islanders more than Outlanders. Xasivus put personal feelings ahead of the interests of the tree more than once, although they usually meshed pretty well.

I meant to get the story on finding Neltouda from you, but never got around to it.

Rylogax (Anonymous)Tue 11-Sep-12 07:21 AM
Charter member
#110841, "Tata"
In response to Reply #0

I was looking forward to hitting your range and continuing our little meeting from the sands. You seemed interesting and I regret we won't get to square off.

Good luck with your next.

Xasivus (Anonymous)Tue 11-Sep-12 09:54 AM
Charter member
#110853, "RE: Tata"
In response to Reply #6

Fun, cute imperial necromancers scared the #### out of Xasivus, so he was just going to try to avoid you.

Xasivus (Anonymous)Mon 10-Sep-12 01:59 PM
Charter member
#110832, " Rambling musings and start of goodbye's"
In response to Reply #0

I have a little bit of time left right now, so will start my goodbye and likely finish it tomorrow.

This is the first character I have ever accomplished everything I set out to do (1. tat, 2. make it over 300 hours, 3. see how ignite looked on a def shifter). I had never had a tatooed character before so decided that would be focul point for this guy. I always rolled chars with a religion in mind, but then would never get around to actually praying, or finding my imm's shrine or things like that.

I decided on a Rayihn follower for a few reasons. I read a several posts on her board on what she was looking for and usually thought "that makes sense, I can do that." A few other things that nudged me that way were and accidental tell to Baerinka with my last outlander (Dratholus) which she responded favorably to (that got me a smite with Xasivus, I thought that appropriate ironic and funny)and Rayihn answering a question on Dratholus's death thread.

I've played way to many shifters over the years, but it had been about a year since my last serious one (Vonzamir). So decided I would let myself play another. Plus after Dratholus, I wanted something simple and durable, both of which a defensive shifter seemed to fit the bill for. Plus after all the rapage I had taken from offensive shifters over the last year, I decided i had been doing something wrong so wanted to try another one of those as well.

As far as going outlander, it has pretty much become my default cabal choice since I started playing again around the start of whatever age we are in now (5th?). I've tried a few others, and know i should check some other things out, but it seems like I always end up coming back to the tree before to long.

enough BS I'll start with a few goodbyes

Imms
Rayihn - I usually look forward to Immeteraction about as much as I look forward to going to the dentist (know i need to, but don't really want to. However, after my first few times interacting with you, I found myself trying to come up with excuses having something I needed to talk about. Simply put, your religion is a lot of fun which explains it's popularity to me and you are an amazing persona to interact with. Of all the things I'll miss about this character, I'll miss being a tatooed follower of Rayihn the most.

Whisydan - Thanks for running the May role contest . I had just entered to get my role read since i didn't have imm xp for it yet (I had decided i made it too long). I was floored when i saw myself as a winner (thanks to shifter who deleted). I wanted to try to interact with you more, but really couldn't come up with a lot of reason too. Thanks for not stealing my rods after you jacked me.

Amaranthe - Thanks for Nightreavering. I think that was my first ever Amaranthe interactions (always had Lyriston or Jasthrean before). Will touch on you a bit more when i get to Qalita.

Jasthrean - Thanks for the interactions as always. They are always awesome, even if unpleasant (chastining from Rayihn was a lot more fun than from you though)

Fort

Rosaline - My favorite character to interact with. For now I will just say I enjoyed all of our interactions (even when we were fighting) and save everything else for later since forum posts have caused you enough problems already I think.

Didn't seem like i really interacted much with Fort Chars other then fighting. We both kinda knew were we stood, so there wasn't a whole lot to say.

Grinning Skulls

I played Srogpk and Gralog last year, so I do know how much this matchup sucks from the Orc side. I am still trying to figure out what makes Krunk so much tougher than everyone else. I know the extra adapt skills, but seems like there is more to it. Anyway..

Krunk - I wish I could have fought you more. I had a lot of fun with the few chances I did get. When I was chief, I actually thought Kragg would emerge as the dominant orc. Guess I missed on that one.

Kuglib - Some of the best roleplay I got from anyone. Wish I had seen you more as well and wish we had more chances to plot together to kill fortites and all.

Hargrar - Sorry you didn't like that prep I pointed you too. I loved it on my orcs, though once con get low it kinda sucks. Sorry for killing you so much. Personnly I think that adapt is the worst to be a solo orc with, but lots of people seem to love it. I didn't fare any better against Offense shifters with my orcs though for the most part.

Ghartoer - Good fights and a respected foe.

I'll pick back up tomorrow to finish this up

KnacMon 10-Sep-12 06:50 PM
Member since 07th May 2010
202 posts
#110835, "I deleted Celesa so you can get your quest reward"
In response to Reply #2

You're welcome Hope a quest form was everything you hoped it would be.

Xasivus (Anonymous)Tue 11-Sep-12 09:06 AM
Charter member
#110849, "RE: I deleted Celesa so you can get your quest reward"
In response to Reply #3

Thanks for not making me go back and look up the name. I hope law school is going well for you.

Ziruanja (Anonymous)Mon 10-Sep-12 09:21 PM
Charter member
#110836, "Seriously one of my favorite enemies of all time."
In response to Reply #2

You and I had been at it for a very long time. Hundreds of hours of fun. Thanks for all the great memories.

Xasivus (Anonymous)Tue 11-Sep-12 09:05 AM
Charter member
#110848, "RE: Seriously one of my favorite enemies of all time."
In response to Reply #4

It seems like yesterday a level 40ish Ziruanja was always coming to the tree and I was always punching you in the face. Then all of a sudden you were a hero and really tough. You were one of my three favorite Characters with Xasivus and in your elemental I could not beat you alone (hence the gangs) and you were still a very tough fight outside of it as welll a very tough fight outside of it as well. One of my favorite moments with Xasivus was when Marcatis saved you at the tree (you really didn't deserve the beating we were giving you).

Toward then end of this Character, I enjoyed just talking to you when you were awake as much as fighting you. Ziruanja and Dijur stand out to me as the best Tribs of this year in what has been a very long down time for the Spire.

Ziruanja (Anonymous)Tue 11-Sep-12 03:18 PM
Charter member
#110858, "I really enjoyed every scrap buddy."
In response to Reply #11

You impressed me as a player and Xasivus impressed Ziruanja as an enemy. Straight up, badass. Thanks for the good times.

Perr (Anonymous)Mon 10-Sep-12 09:27 PM
Charter member
#110838, "Well done"
In response to Reply #2

Made the game more fun, more interesting, and more dangerous. Exactly what I would want in an enemy. Great combination of forms + insects was a death sentence if caught someplace remote. Thanks for being a quality player - both IC and , I assume, OOC.

Xasivus (Anonymous)Tue 11-Sep-12 09:08 AM
Charter member
#110850, "RE: Well done"
In response to Reply #5

One of my favorite people to fight and I respected that you always fought even though I was such a horrible matchup for you. I hope the times you did kill me felt reward enough for sticking it out.

orangepoweredTue 11-Sep-12 08:14 AM
Member since 29th Jun 2011
348 posts
#110842, "RE: Rambling musings and start of goodbye's"
In response to Reply #2
Edited on Tue 11-Sep-12 08:14 AM

I really enjoyed Xas so much as Darikir my next char was an outlander. Unfortunately, I just don't like the shifter tedium in outlander to face down scions with so much more health but man you made it look sexy.

Xasivus (Anonymous)Tue 11-Sep-12 09:00 AM
Charter member
#110847, "RE: Rambling musings and start of goodbye's"
In response to Reply #7

I guess that explains krovun's quick delete then? Scion shifter vs outlander shifter really sucks for the outlander, but outlander shifter (especially air shifters) have a lot of upside as well.

I really missed Darikir after he was gone. During my morning logins, when there was nothing else to do BSing with him was a lot of fun.

orangepoweredTue 11-Sep-12 11:17 AM
Member since 29th Jun 2011
348 posts
#110856, "RE: Rambling musings and start of goodbye's"
In response to Reply #10

Krovun had mostly good forms and wands, but no regen form anywhere and no edges that were really worth taking. After Darikir having a ton of edges and more that he wanted to take I found it boring for my tactics to be so limited. I could have racked up kills on easy meat like other air/off, but didn't really see the point. I think I would have enjoyed non air/offense in outlander, or the forms/wands I had in a different cabal.

On the upside, that was my first outlander and I loved it and hope to be back.

KrunkTheOrc (Anonymous)Tue 11-Sep-12 08:24 AM
Charter member
#110843, "Good enmy"
In response to Reply #2

Xasivus was a good enemy to fight, and generally tried to bring it whenever possible, which is something I enjoy and respect. I'm not sure what forms you had besides wyvern, but I suspect you might have had better luck had you varied your tactics a bit.

Probably the main thing to keep in mind in the orc vs. air shifter matchup is that if the orc doesn't panic, there is little an air shifter can do to actually seal a kill, and if things go wrong from the air shifter, they can go very wrong, though generally it is very hard to seal a kill on an air shifter as an orc as well.

Xasivus (Anonymous)Tue 11-Sep-12 08:57 AM
Charter member
#110846, "RE: Good enmy"
In response to Reply #8

I usually tried to use Silverback more than wyvern. My normal tactice against orcs was wait for them to do something that would lag them a lot (missed spinebreaker, hack or such) then shift and by the time they cam out of lag they were dead. It just seemed like Krunk never left any openings when fighting Xasivus.

WhiysdanTue 11-Sep-12 11:21 AM
Member since 04th Aug 2011
243 posts
#110857, "RE: Rambling musings and start of goodbye's"
In response to Reply #2

Thanks for the fun role read. I thought this character was very tough/strong, yet you, the player, stayed very classy through it all. Glad you had fun and best of luck with whatever is next.

=w=

RayihnWed 12-Sep-12 09:42 AM
Member since 08th Oct 2006
1147 posts
#110873, "Horny old goat!!"
In response to Reply #2

Loved my Xasivus. We had such fun talks and you somehow always surprised and amused me. That time when I had most of team Herald in the Bathhouse and you ran in and started talking about your "exploits" and I was tsk'ing at you...after I logged off I realized one of those heralds had to be Legobelt and I'm like....oooh we just totally scandalized a 15 year old. Oh well, he needs to learn about alternate forms of birth control some day, right???? Heh.

On a more serious note, you played evil Rayihn follower really well. You'd be tempted by the happy good aspects of love and healing, play like you'd be thinking about and then be all like Nahhh I'm too base for that, and yet you still had a great understanding and attitude about it.

All in all, tons of fun, lots of love, hope to see you skulking around the Bathhouse again some time soon!

Xasivus (Anonymous)Thu 13-Sep-12 09:09 AM
Charter member
#110912, "RE: Horny old goat!!"
In response to Reply #33

In defense of Xasivus, I beleive someone else brought up his exploits (Xasivus was not one to kiss and tell). And he was not attempting to scandalize anyone, he was just trying to point out how thoughtful, courteous, and responsible he had tried to be in that situation.

I have a few future Rayihn characters in mind and will defintely be back at some point. Future attempts will likely be more along the lines of what I would consider a more conventional Rayihn follower to be though (Nexus even!).

I will spare us all from the sphere love orc I had been pondering (I actually feel a little queasy just thinking about it). Did you know they have orc porn sites?

AmarantheMon 24-Sep-12 06:54 AM
Member since 17th Mar 2003
536 posts
#111133, "Delayed Response"
In response to Reply #2

I know this thread is yesterday's news, but I've been super busy IRL and haven't gotten a chance to get to this and I wanted to comment.

It was funny that when I Nightreavered you, the commentary upstairs was "Well, he's not as scary as some of the recent Nightreavers, but that's a good thing." After Grafacut's reign of terror I was thinking someone a bit less terrifying would be good, especially since Outlander had gotten so disproportionately evil.

HA! Boy was I wrong. Your pkkills started shooting through the roof once you got insect swarm (and I'm not sure if everyone understood that it was *insect swarm*, nor your quest air form, that made you so deadly.)

Enjoyed interacting with you as Qalita as well, and hope to see you around in another form.

Xasivus (Anonymous)Wed 26-Sep-12 09:32 AM
Charter member
#111176, "RE: Delayed Response"
In response to Reply #42

Insects and Wyvern had a great synergy, and I used wyvern a lot more after getting nightreaver since trying to maximized lag with gorilla wasn't as important anymore, but I did come pretty close to matching my pk total for the first few months of the character's life in about the first week as nightreaver. I was very overpowered until that one thing got tweaked, but I won't argue that it didn't need doing.

It helped a lot that many people just panicked when insects hit. Some classes (healers, invokers, thief out of town, some others) really had no shot at that point, but others gave away any chance of winning but just typing flee.

I still think overall I was a kinder, gentler nightreaver and for the most part I started being a little more selective in who I killed than I was before granting, it was just a whole lot easier to kill the people I did go after.

VoralianMon 10-Sep-12 01:58 PM
Member since 13th Dec 2011
291 posts
#110831, "Top hundred character list. nt"
In response to Reply #0

nt

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #110827 Previous topic | Next topic