Subject: "(DELETED) [SCION] Detogu Urn'tas the Spectre" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #110344
Show all folders

Death_AngelMon 13-Aug-12 11:08 PM
Member since 29th Sep 2024
17191 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#110344, "(DELETED) [SCION] Detogu Urn'tas the Spectre"

Mon Aug 13 21:05:35 2012

At 10 o'clock AM, Day of Deception, 23rd of the Month of the Great Evil
on the Theran calendar Detogu perished, never to return.

Race:human
Class:necromancer
Level:47
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:SCION, the Scions of Eternal Night
Hours:298

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply RE: (DELETED) [SCION] Detogu Urn'tas the Spectre, Ghuljun, 19-Aug-12 08:38 AM, #16
Reply RE: (DELETED) [SCION] Detogu Urn'tas the Spectre, rakshul, 19-Aug-12 01:47 PM, #17
Reply RE: (DELETED) [SCION] Detogu Urn'tas the Spectre, Hagmish (Anonymous), 15-Aug-12 07:53 PM, #12
Reply two Liches, Davarrah (Anonymous), 15-Aug-12 08:58 PM, #13
     Reply That's cool , Hagmish (Anonymous), 15-Aug-12 10:26 PM, #14
     Reply I think I heard Kristen Stewart just cheat on you. NT, TMNS, 16-Aug-12 02:10 AM, #15
Reply RE: (DELETED) [SCION] Detogu Urn'tas the Spectre, Narissorin,.. (Anonymous), 15-Aug-12 10:28 AM, #6
Reply RE: (DELETED) [SCION] Detogu Urn'tas the Spectre, Enlilth, 14-Aug-12 01:37 PM, #3
Reply x, Alston, 15-Aug-12 06:18 PM, #7
Reply Why don't you guys refrain from making these posts?, Alston, 15-Aug-12 06:17 PM, #8
     Reply Probably the same reason you don't refrain from making ..., Lhydia, 15-Aug-12 06:39 PM, #9
     Reply ignorance, Davarrah (Anonymous), 15-Aug-12 07:00 PM, #10
          Reply Davarrah..., Balta, 15-Aug-12 07:40 PM, #11
Reply I thought you had potential, Drekvah (Anonymous), 14-Aug-12 01:34 PM, #2
Reply RE: (DELETED) [SCION] Detogu Urn'tas the Spectre, Davarrah (Anonymous), 14-Aug-12 11:49 AM, #1
     Reply RE: (DELETED) [SCION] Detogu Urn'tas the Spectre, Samvrita (Anonymous), 14-Aug-12 03:19 PM, #4
     Reply You should've loged on and read your notes before this...., Zameida (Anonymous), 15-Aug-12 12:31 AM, #5

GhuljunSun 19-Aug-12 08:38 AM
Member since 11th Sep 2003
51 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#110422, "RE: (DELETED) [SCION] Detogu Urn'tas the Spectre"
In response to Reply #0

I had written something and ended up posting in on qhcf because I was unable to do so here. I just wanted to say a few things.

Imms thank you very much. I am kicking the hell out of myself for deleting without having read that note. I would have certainly not done the deed had I seen it.

I am not saying that sarcastically, I really think it was cool for you to throw out a life line like that. Sadly, I just failed to notice it.

I really tried to rp with this character and make something out of him, seems I almost did. . .Arrggg.

Thanks for the positive feedback on the char.

Well done Drekvah!

rakshulSun 19-Aug-12 01:47 PM
Member since 09th Aug 2012
2 posts
#110423, "RE: (DELETED) [SCION] Detogu Urn'tas the Spectre"
In response to Reply #16

Wow an interesting relationship really. Good char.

Hagmish (Anonymous)Wed 15-Aug-12 07:53 PM
Charter member
#110370, "RE: (DELETED) [SCION] Detogu Urn'tas the Spectre"
In response to Reply #0

I really feel for you, man. To see that you had something big on the horizon right after you deleted has to feel like a kick in the balls. It sort of does for me and it's not even my character.

Loved your character. I even had some sympathy for you back when seeing that you just became a specter right as another in the cabal became a lich. It has to feel like you are automatically pigeon-holed into something you may not want for something you had no control over. I personally just can't see them allowing two Lich Scions to run around, and that speculation is confirmed, in my opinion, by the fact they were planning something else special for you.

Other than that, you were always solid, and probably the one Scion I got to spend the most time with, and I always enjoyed it.

Davarrah (Anonymous)Wed 15-Aug-12 08:58 PM
Charter member
#110372, "two Liches"
In response to Reply #12

Without saying too much, my involvement in cooking up something special was one part sympathy (with that timing, who wants to be "the other Lich"?) and one part adventure (we know about the Lich, but have you seen this thing?!). I wasn't concerned about double Lich, but rather about making double undead a little more interesting.

Hagmish (Anonymous)Wed 15-Aug-12 10:26 PM
Charter member
#110375, "That's cool "
In response to Reply #13

You recognized a certain situation with possible negative sides for some involved and tried to put a positive spin on it. I applaud it. I never meant to take a shot at the imm staff. It just seems that lich quests have gotten a bit rarer these days (and I have absolutely no insight into how quests are given just my outside observation) and felt bad for the guy because it looked like he was going mummy by default.

Let me reiterate I think it's great you were going to do something special for Detogu that no one has ever seen to mix things up. I'm sure I won't be the only one wishing I could know what was in store for him. Watch all the necro's get rolled now hoping you spin the idea off on someone else!

TMNSThu 16-Aug-12 02:10 AM
Member since 10th Jun 2009
2670 posts
#110377, "I think I heard Kristen Stewart just cheat on you. NT"
In response to Reply #13

NT

Narissorin,.. (Anonymous)Wed 15-Aug-12 10:28 AM
Charter member
#110361, "RE: (DELETED) [SCION] Detogu Urn'tas the Spectre"
In response to Reply #0

This is highly disappointed. I honestly did enjoy Detogu, you had a quick tongue, were very steadfast on retrieving and exploring, and set on the becoming. My aggressive prodding wasn't meant to dissuade you on playing the character, but to make you come to terms with the fact that a lich quest was already in the works for my other scion necro, and I was trying to push you towards another 'becoming'.

It's a fine line to walk, playing an evil, 'cult' running, power hungry, bastard... and not coming off as a ####. If you took me for the latter, I apologize and will take that into account with my interactions with other players. Hope you had some fun at least.

EnlilthTue 14-Aug-12 01:37 PM
Member since 20th Jan 2008
187 posts
#110355, "RE: (DELETED) [SCION] Detogu Urn'tas the Spectre"
In response to Reply #0

Man I was having this conversation about Detogu the other day, and someone said they had an idea, and I thought... "Damn that's cool", and then you deleted. True story.

-- Try an Enlilth follower today! Enlilth, now with 40% more chewey caramel in every bite. --

AlstonWed 15-Aug-12 06:16 PM
Member since 07th Sep 2011
858 posts
#110363, "x"
In response to Reply #3
Edited on Wed 15-Aug-12 06:18 PM

x

AlstonWed 15-Aug-12 06:17 PM
Member since 07th Sep 2011
858 posts
#110364, "Why don't you guys refrain from making these posts?"
In response to Reply #3

It's a total Fukc you to the player.

I'm of half a mind to think you all (Imms) are full of doo doo and tell players this because you're hoping it'll keep people from deleting characters that aren't living up to their expectations.

Seriously, how many posts of "I was soo gunna give you this sooper powa when I logged on but you baleted!

Oh well, have fun with the next!

You could tell the character somethings up, give them a preview or an omen. But it never happens and we get these deletions.

Glad to see a necromancer go though.

LhydiaWed 15-Aug-12 06:39 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
2390 posts
#110365, "Probably the same reason you don't refrain from making ..."
In response to Reply #8

gr

Davarrah (Anonymous)Wed 15-Aug-12 07:00 PM
Charter member
#110367, "ignorance"
In response to Reply #8

When you're ignorant of a situation, how about approaching the issue with a touch of humility? It would really go a long way here.

If you note Zameida's comment below, he was being given a "preview" of what was to come. If he hadn't deleted without warning...

BaltaWed 15-Aug-12 07:40 PM
Member since 05th Apr 2011
166 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#110369, "Davarrah..."
In response to Reply #10

am really digging the whole Davarrah character and even the fact that you post here... kudos... keep it up.

Drekvah (Anonymous)Tue 14-Aug-12 01:34 PM
Charter member
#110354, "I thought you had potential"
In response to Reply #0

Should have stuck it out! You did the hard part and got to spectre, Mummy is a seriously under considered option IMO, they're still badder than just about anything alive in the mud and it seems like you would have had even more options with Dararrah. Double undead in the Chasm would have been cool.

Davarrah (Anonymous)Tue 14-Aug-12 11:49 AM
Charter member
#110351, "RE: (DELETED) [SCION] Detogu Urn'tas the Spectre"
In response to Reply #0

You shouldn't have deleted; I was going to take you down another path entirely.

Samvrita (Anonymous)Tue 14-Aug-12 03:19 PM
Charter member
#110357, "RE: (DELETED) [SCION] Detogu Urn'tas the Spectre"
In response to Reply #1

Ugh you were solid in your own regard and I was personally going to make it my next mission under Anya to raise you to undead, by finding my way to aid Davarrah. Major plot hole for me you'll be missed.

Zameida (Anonymous)Wed 15-Aug-12 12:31 AM
Charter member
#110359, "You should've loged on and read your notes before this...."
In response to Reply #1

... because you had a seriously interest note to read that was pretty linked with Davarrah...

Anyways, GLWYN! See you in the fields!

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #110344 Previous topic | Next topic