Subject: "(RAGE DELETE) [TRIBUNAL] Xafre the Champion of the Virt..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #110311
Show all folders

Death_AngelMon 13-Aug-12 12:11 AM
Member since 29th Sep 2024
17191 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#110311, "(RAGE DELETE) [TRIBUNAL] Xafre the Champion of the Virtues, Magistrate of Hamsah Mu'tazz"

Sun Aug 12 13:37:38 2012

At 6 o'clock AM, Day of the Bull, 8th of the Month of the Shadows
on the Theran calendar Xafre perished, never to return.

Race:elf
Class:paladin
Level:51
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:TRIBUNAL, the Blood Tribunal
Hours:150

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply RE: (RAGE DELETE) [TRIBUNAL] Xafre the Champion of the ..., xrus, 14-Aug-12 04:04 AM, #3
Reply RE: (RAGE DELETE) [TRIBUNAL] Xafre the Champion of the ..., Nythos (Anonymous), 14-Aug-12 09:37 AM, #4
     Reply RE: (RAGE DELETE) [TRIBUNAL] Xafre the Champion of the ..., xrus, 14-Aug-12 12:01 PM, #5
          Reply So how did a Champion play? Could you increase defenses..., Alston, 16-Aug-12 08:00 AM, #6
               Reply RE: So how did a Champion play? Could you increase defe..., xrus, 17-Aug-12 06:48 AM, #7
Reply Seriously bummed about this,, Ziruanja (Anonymous), 13-Aug-12 12:01 AM, #1
     Reply RE: Seriously bummed about this,, Xafre (Anonymous), 14-Aug-12 03:47 AM, #2

xrusTue 14-Aug-12 04:04 AM
Member since 13th May 2011
318 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#110347, "RE: (RAGE DELETE) [TRIBUNAL] Xafre the Champion of the ..."
In response to Reply #0

Xafre was made to test some skills with champions. One example was bat skill. Elves have highest dex/wis to utilize bat and I wanted to know if Xafre can perma lag with it. in low levels it was completely possible (Duergar villager was a good example) but heroed, it was almost impossible to lag others with bat.
My connection is a better one now, but I don't know why I got all the lags when logged in with Xafre, not my other test alternatives, especially when fighting that Xasivus!

Ziruanja: Thanks for all the fun. The most important reason Xafre heroed and continued to this point. If I was to keep Xafre, he was going to propose you! . (Much more thanks to all the fun you made for Xafre)
Xasivus: Nice foe. Mostly I had problems with my connection fighting you, but it was still fun! I remember a day that Xafre fought you several times in Hamsah and I had great lags. Xafre stood with the gate guards and all the times I got a batch of events when you had retreated. I was wondering how Xafre could survive.
Nythos: In your forms you weren't much of an issue, even in full moons (I had huge lags when you got in forms though, I think my connection is form sensitive! ) but you were pain in somewhere when out of forms. I remember a day that you were pushing Xafre down, attacking and retreating in Galadon using those spores/heart-attacks/... and when Xafre couldn't handle it anymore, you just stopped? Took long for me to learn facing a druid, but at last I somehow learned.
Shifters of the Spire: We could do very much together, if I had enough love to play Xafre. Sorry I didn't.
Marcatis: Thanks for the empowerment. Our first and only interaction was very encouraging. I'm sure if I had more chance to talk with you (plus the presence of Ziruanja), I probably could continue and con/age death Xafre. Thanks for the virtue too! I always liked to try champion's stand, which just before I delete, I got the chance to use it once.

Nythos (Anonymous)Tue 14-Aug-12 09:37 AM
Charter member
#110350, "RE: (RAGE DELETE) [TRIBUNAL] Xafre the Champion of the ..."
In response to Reply #3

>Xafre was made to test some skills with champions. One
>example was bat skill. Elves have highest dex/wis to utilize
>bat and I wanted to know if Xafre can perma lag with it. in
>low levels it was completely possible (Duergar villager was a
>good example) but heroed, it was almost impossible to lag
>others with bat.

It's probably more the fact that at hero, fights take a bit longer. Though oddly enough, I always seemed to lag horribly fighting you and Narissorin. Some of that, though, I'm certain was bat lag. The nastiest thing about bat is that you'd get SO many little bat attacks in that could lag me, so there were times I put in flee and would just hope and pray it'd go through before bat spam + guards beat me down.

>Nythos: In your forms you weren't much of an issue, even in
>full moons (I had huge lags when you got in forms though, I
>think my connection is form sensitive! ) but you were pain
>in somewhere when out of forms. I remember a day that you were
>pushing Xafre down, attacking and retreating in Galadon using
>those spores/heart-attacks/... and when Xafre couldn't handle
>it anymore, you just stopped? Took long for me to learn facing
>a druid, but at last I somehow learned.

If I vaguely remember correctly, I'm pretty sure I got into another fight and was busy healing up for a bit afterwards. I've probably FOUGHT more druids than I have played them, and I actually have experience with Champions, so surprisingly I probably would have been great help to you on your side. Given how great they are in melee combat, I don't know why I ever tried fighting in form, though I think I may have been near out of mana and think I was just hoping to get a few hits + rake to finish you off. Druids are *SUCH* an amazingly different skillset every time you log in that it's still quite the learning experience.

Overall, I liked Xafre and always felt a little bad for you. Champions just don't quite have the rock-steady defense shield deds get, and seem just a little light on the "umph" side of things to make up for it. I was just happy you either never figured out or didn't have the strength to use one of the assortment of polearms out there that could have made my life miserable.

xrusTue 14-Aug-12 12:01 PM
318 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#110352, "RE: (RAGE DELETE) [TRIBUNAL] Xafre the Champion of the ..."
In response to Reply #4

Which polearms you mean? In our last couple fights, Xafre used the pincer staff, but could keep you in battle as long as I needed to.

AlstonThu 16-Aug-12 08:00 AM
Member since 07th Sep 2011
858 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#110381, "So how did a Champion play? Could you increase defenses..."
In response to Reply #5

dfsbs

xrusFri 17-Aug-12 06:48 AM
318 posts
#110388, "RE: So how did a Champion play? Could you increase defe..."
In response to Reply #6

You mean a champion or champion stand?

As a champion with marshaling (Rally and phalanx) and a polearm, As an elf, You are almost untouchable (I thought staff/elf should be better, but polearm worked much and I never enlarged Xafre!). But they just last about six rounds of battle. I didn't save much logs and I'm not a good player yet, but you will see Xafre vs. Kelarin as soon as I post it.

I once tested champions stand against Xasivus and he couldn't do almost anything while Xafre was in the position. I should say that at some points Xafre had to run from Xasivus without even touching him. It was obvious difference between the stand and normal battles.

If you ask more specific questions I might answer better.

Ziruanja (Anonymous)Mon 13-Aug-12 12:01 AM
Charter member
#110331, "Seriously bummed about this,"
In response to Reply #0

You were going places if you wanted to - but I know it was a rough ride. I really enjoyed our times protecting the cities together and our discussions. We never had enough crusades.

Xafre (Anonymous)Tue 14-Aug-12 03:47 AM
Charter member
#110346, "RE: Seriously bummed about this,"
In response to Reply #1

I really made Xafre to test some things about champions. The only reason I kept Xafre, heroed and joined Spire, was Ziruanja and some outlanders. Thanks for all the fun, but I was not ready to play a paladin it seems.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #110311 Previous topic | Next topic