Subject: "(DELETED) [BATTLE] Odrallag Ashhorn the Bloodied Bull o..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #110149
Show all folders

Death_AngelMon 06-Aug-12 04:52 PM
Member since 29th Sep 2024
17191 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#110149, "(DELETED) [BATTLE] Odrallag Ashhorn the Bloodied Bull of War"

Mon Aug 6 14:48:01 2012

At 1 o'clock PM, Day of the Great Gods, 26th of the Month of the Battle
on the Theran calendar Odrallag perished, never to return.

Race:minotaur
Class:warrior
Level:51
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:BATTLE, the BattleRagers, Haters of Magic
Hours:692

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Loved Odrallag, Bolzhor/Oldril (Anonymous), 19-Aug-12 08:22 PM, #11
Reply Thanks for the shot!, Igsoeh, 06-Aug-12 05:51 PM, #2
Reply I've been a big fan of most of your characters..., Homard, 06-Aug-12 07:27 PM, #3
Reply RE: Thanks for the shot!, Daevryn, 06-Aug-12 09:10 PM, #4
Reply Much Ruh-Spect from Obregon, Treebeard, 07-Aug-12 12:33 PM, #5
Reply RE: Thanks for the shot!, Whiysdan, 07-Aug-12 01:51 PM, #6
Reply RE: Thanks for the shot!, Amaranthe, 07-Aug-12 02:12 PM, #7
Reply RE: Thanks for the shot!, Scarabaeus, 07-Aug-12 02:26 PM, #8
Reply Ah ####e, there be goin' one thick bull!, Ghrondel (Anonymous), 07-Aug-12 02:33 PM, #9
Reply RE: Thanks for the shot!, Tontik, 07-Aug-12 10:54 PM, #10
Reply remeber the orc that soloed you w/o blood/prep, Voralian, 21-Aug-12 12:40 AM, #12
Reply RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Odrallag Ashhorn the Bloodied Bu..., Samvrita (Anonymous), 06-Aug-12 04:58 PM, #1

Bolzhor/Oldril (Anonymous)Sun 19-Aug-12 08:22 PM
Charter member
#110434, "Loved Odrallag"
In response to Reply #0

Always felt throughout Bolzhor's life that I was always going to be "the other battle mino". You had Iunna's tat early on, got into the village early on, got selected for the leader part of the rites, etc etc.

Normally I would be real bitchy about those things but I always thought you were a class act as a player with all of your characters, if I recall we fought quite a bit with some other ones long ago.

Too bad the imm thing didn't work out, I was rooting for you even if my character was really butthurt you kept getting all the accolades

IgsoehMon 06-Aug-12 05:51 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
201 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#110153, "Thanks for the shot!"
In response to Reply #0

Let me just say first off that this game is administered/run by a GREAT group of individuals and we, the CF community, are lucky that we have people who care about it. Sure we don't always agree and we aren't all best friends, but we are a community and all in this together. I really can't express how great of an experience I had as an IMM from the interaction with other immortals standpoint. All helpful and generally pleasant. I'm sad to say I did not divine the secrets to winning CF being a heroimm, I guess I would have had to stick around a little longer for that, so please do not PM me asking for the goods. Cause I still don't have em. Haha. I did learn alot about writing areas and the insane amount of work and dedication it takes to do that stuff. After having an understanding of it, things like Hamsah, the docks, Enpolads and much more seem all the more amazing. Not to mention the dedication it takes to run quests and generally be great influences etc. etc. I really have zero complaints. I'm sure I could ramble on about all the awesome stuff, but I won't, I'll hit some individual goodbyes and ride off into the sunset.

Raybaer- I'm glad I got to know you a little better and enjoyed all the chats, and the goosing in particular. We've had a number of interactions over the years, and its always been great. Thanks for all you do and I'm sure we'll be in touch.

Reksah- You were a great mentor! One more time, I'm sorry I couldn't finish it out. You are a great asset to the game and I really appreciate all the help you gave me. It really was a great experience and after our short little chat this afternoon I feel a little less ####ty moving on. Thanks!

Iunna- Another huge thank you, first for being Odrallag's patron, and second for being a positive and helpful influence on the IMM side of things. I'm glad to know you escaped FL, even if you did end up in that other really ####ty place... Haha.

Whiys- Another hugely helpful person. Thank you for always being there to lend a hand, or thirteen. We the players are really lucky to have you around, and while your religion is not my style, I can't wait for our inevitable future interactions when I need to get my rager unbanned from the Inn so I can try and bash/cranial/flurry/pincer more unprotected and unsuspecting mages sitting with Olin.

Nreykre- Thanks for the hookup when Verizon was sucking the big one and thanks for your bits of help over the last 10(?) months. I'm glad you came back. Thanks again and good luck in deer camp this fall.

Mal- Sorry man, I guess we won't be able to run late night PST like we wanted... Haha. Thanks for all the chats and help, you are a great imm and great asset to this game. For all you late night players out there, go ahead and play some light-walking mages, Lian is great to interact with, and I need a target-rich environment to get back in the swing of things... Haha.

Fjarn and Thror- Didn't get a LOT of chances to talk with you guys, but as a serial village and in my short span as a heroimm, I really appreciate everything you guys do and have always enjoyed each and every one of our interactions. I may be biased, but you guys (and Iunna!) are the great patrons for the best cabal in the game! Thanks and I'll see you in the fields, for certain.

Sacer- Thanks for letting me run with my idea, and I'm really sorry I didn't finish it out. I love that you are a part of this game, and am nothing but impressed by my chats/interactions with you. You sir, are a gentleman and a scholar, literally I suppose, but still. I hope that some day Scarab the character becomes active again and hope to interact with you. Also, the offer remains on the table if you require any ancient/valuable tomes of knowledge, umm, acquired discreetly. Thanks again!

Enlilth- Thanks for all the help and all the laughs. Another great presence that we the community are lucky to have with us. Good luck in Fantasy Football this year, maybe I'll roll up an Enlilth follower that doesn't suck someday soon...

Marcatis- Thanks for being the grumpy guy and telling me to get back to work. It's easy sometimes to get off track and just start chatting away, and you were always around to put me back on task. Also, that Jasthrean follower is comin... someday...

Zulg and Daev- Just a few chats, but I just want to say thank you. Thank you both for all that you do and all the thankless work you put in. Thanks for giving me the chance to contribute, even if I wasn't able to complete my project. You guys are great. Daev, hope your foot gets better, and Zulg, may your beer always come out great!

Amaranthe- Mama you've inspired me to make a map, at my pace it may take a year, but I'm gonna do it! Haha. Enjoyed our few chats, and thank you for taking time to bless us with things like Skeeta, Amaranthe and everything else you do.

Akresius- Another one who I only shared a few chats with, good luck going forward with your religion, and thanks for the few pointers here and there.

Twist- Not much chatting as imms, but we did have some interactions with Caitlyn. You are a beast, as usual and I thoroughly enjoyed our few chats. That character of yours allowed me some chances to feed the addiction, at least through RP. The only PK action I ever got was canoewhacks and whippin up on Nreykre....

Nelly- Thanks for all you do for the game, and show up more! Haha.

Lastly, I got a chance right after I immed to chat it up with Shokai. That was awesome. We mostly just talked about cooking and reminisced a little about the old days, but it was great.

Thanks again to the whole staff. Thanks for all the players that interacted with Odrallag post-imming. I was (maybe obviously) RP starved and really appreciated it. As for pre-imming...

Akedeh- You are great man, as usual. Hopefully once I start playing morts again we end up on the same team at least one more time.

Tontik- The definition of truckasarus. Great job.

Bolzhor- Man, when the two of us got rolling.., *shudder*, sorry I didn't give you a better fight in the Rites.

Ganicus- Another big bad stud. Certainly toed the line, but I liked it, great effort. Come back to the village....

I know there are a bunch more of you, but it's been awhile. I enjoyed every moment, thanks.

ENEMIES
Eachainn- Great fights, getting you was awesome because you were so slippery and tough.

Obregon- Tough fights, always a rush going against a shifter of your caliber.

Jalim's Conjurer- Great fights, always really satisfying to get you, even if I did kind of catch you with your pants around your ankles.

Pug- Great job, great fights.

Tzar/Eleagra- You two were beastly, and damn near impossible to beat solo, much less together. Hope to see you in the fields soon.

Garwern- Thoroughly enjoyed our RP, thoroughly enjoyed our fights, both together and against eachother. Me, you, and your sapper power was ridiculous on Calandryl. Never in my life had I cleared Calandryl with a ranking group, and we did it with just the two of us, in about... three minutes. Ridiculous.

Thanks again to everyone, the imms for the chance, and the players for the interactions. I'll see you in the fields. Just look for the human sword spec that is low on con by lvl 40.

HomardMon 06-Aug-12 07:27 PM
Member since 10th Apr 2010
959 posts
#110156, "I've been a big fan of most of your characters..."
In response to Reply #2

The Villagers, at least and Odrallag was no exception, both as a mortal and once you bumped up. I always liked logging on and seeing you up there. I think visible IMMs are a big help in keeping certain types of Villagers in line, and you were visible a lot for a couple of my characters.

I do wish that mino-speak could be toned down once a guy hits HeroIMM, just a little.

All in all, as much as I liked Odrallag's presence, I think your mortals bring a lot to the game, so it will be good to have you back on the ground.

DaevrynMon 06-Aug-12 09:10 PM
Member since 13th Feb 2007
11117 posts
#110157, "RE: Thanks for the shot!"
In response to Reply #2

Hey, the imm thing's not for everyone. I hope you'll go back to making cool characters.

TreebeardTue 07-Aug-12 12:33 PM
Member since 12th Oct 2004
268 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#110169, "Much Ruh-Spect from Obregon"
In response to Reply #2

You were a really fierce foe, and speaking as one who's had a mino hero (Gondrak) I can sympathize with the restrictions completely. Your RP was solid, and skills strong, yet you still oozed class. Huge props for that.

I've also tried and failed at the hero-imm thing. No shame man, none at all It's so much work, and it gives us a lot of respect for those who stuck it our - so thanks imms.

Hopefully we can be on the same side sometime soon here!

WhiysdanTue 07-Aug-12 01:51 PM
Member since 04th Aug 2011
243 posts
#110171, "RE: Thanks for the shot!"
In response to Reply #2

Bummer! I'm sorry to see this but, I hope that you start having fun with the game again.

=w=

AmarantheTue 07-Aug-12 02:12 PM
Member since 17th Mar 2003
536 posts
#110172, "RE: Thanks for the shot!"
In response to Reply #2

Thanks for the shout-out! I'm glad idle, distracted me could inspire you in some small way.

As Daevryn said, the imm thing isn't for everyone. Hope you continue to enjoy the game and contribute with awesome mortals! And good luck with that map!

ScarabaeusTue 07-Aug-12 02:26 PM
Member since 19th Feb 2011
1524 posts
#110173, "RE: Thanks for the shot!"
In response to Reply #2

Hey, sorry the area development didn't work out. It's a real paradigm shift to go from simply playing CF to working on areas, etc. Give me some groovy characters to interact with and I'm sure you'll end up tangled in my web of nefarious plans at some point.

Discretion and rare book acquisition--I think we may be able to reach an accord...

Ghrondel (Anonymous)Tue 07-Aug-12 02:33 PM
Charter member
#110174, "Ah ####e, there be goin' one thick bull!"
In response to Reply #2

Had fun forging your weapons for some uber leet damroll!

Also, killing skeletons with Garwern will also be one of my most enjoyable memories too.

TontikTue 07-Aug-12 10:54 PM
Member since 27th Aug 2011
104 posts
#110187, "RE: Thanks for the shot!"
In response to Reply #2

Don't read these to often but glad I saw yours, Man was good times with you around. And farking minospeak is so hard to understand.... When I was grouped with someone else or just standing by them and you would say something on Cabal Chat and they would ask me what you said (since I would normally answer you) I just told them I had no idea and just answered anyway, you have no idea how many laughs me and a few others got out of that. Great char and to bad the hero-imm wasn't for you.

Good Luck With Your Next

tontik

p.s. and if I was a trukasarus you were driving behind me killing anyone who got away

VoralianTue 21-Aug-12 12:40 AM
Member since 13th Dec 2011
291 posts
#110462, "remeber the orc that soloed you w/o blood/prep"
In response to Reply #2

hamsah west gate?

only challenge my orc had was gainst a skilled
invoker/paladin group that wherw power houses
in there own. I walked into them knowing I
would be no fly in quiksand.

after a long fight and them retreatimg twicw
rng got me. couls not dirt one apinw othwf
incokwr shield. could mot lag one to death
other would recall the other. I cursed groimd
but was earth riples. nothimg to grapple.

I took big risk to thier none I think.
lost half my bomb set w one item they
x
could use. was ao pissed till now

I remeber soloing a villager naked after
that guy got title dies to nasked orc

that was great

Samvrita (Anonymous)Mon 06-Aug-12 04:58 PM
Charter member
#110150, "RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Odrallag Ashhorn the Bloodied Bu..."
In response to Reply #0

Anya??

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #110149 Previous topic | Next topic