Subject: "(DELETED) [NEXUS] Krelthalious Cotobrook the Headstrong..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #110111
Show all folders

Death_AngelFri 03-Aug-12 07:28 AM
Member since 29th Sep 2024
17191 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#110111, "(DELETED) [NEXUS] Krelthalious Cotobrook the Headstrong Pursuer of Balance, Badgered by the Lucky Lord"

Fri Aug 3 05:24:56 2012

At 11 o'clock AM, Day of the Sun, 6th of the Month of Winter
on the Theran calendar Krelthalious perished, never to return.

Race:svirfnebli
Class:warrior
Level:51
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:NEXUS, Nexus, Seekers of Balance
Hours:188

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply RE: (DELETED) [NEXUS] Krelthalious Cotobrook the Headst..., Mylene (Anonymous), 07-Aug-12 03:34 PM, #17
Reply I should have been an assassin....., Krelty (Anonymous), 03-Aug-12 12:03 PM, #4
Reply RE: I should have been an assassin....., Rayihn, 03-Aug-12 12:11 PM, #5
Reply RE: I should have been an assassin....., Samaiya (Anonymous), 04-Aug-12 06:28 PM, #14
Reply So many inappropriate things I want to say. :) n/t, Alston, 04-Aug-12 07:12 PM, #15
Reply RE: I should have been an assassin....., Whiysdan, 03-Aug-12 12:40 PM, #6
Reply Just some small notes, Salyeris (Anonymous), 03-Aug-12 01:26 PM, #8
Reply I think you are right about the size/lag thing, HopelessD (Anonymous), 03-Aug-12 08:44 PM, #11
     Reply They are not no disarm, but they are no drop., Salyeris (Anonymous), 04-Aug-12 08:00 AM, #12
Reply Thank God you see the attitude as RP, Iklahn (Anonymous), 03-Aug-12 05:28 PM, #9
Reply A shame to see you go., Vasliin (Anonymous), 03-Aug-12 06:12 PM, #10
Reply We never interacted but, Iunna, 04-Aug-12 01:45 PM, #13
Reply RE: I should have been an assassin....., Kelarin, 05-Aug-12 09:47 AM, #16
Reply Really enjoyed your rp and fighting beside you (n/t), Darikir (Anonymous), 03-Aug-12 11:52 AM, #3
Reply You were one of the only people in Nexus I knew., Ryntallin Jodeph (Anonymous), 03-Aug-12 10:51 AM, #2
Reply RE: (DELETED) [NEXUS] Krelthalious Cotobrook the Headst..., Inerayo (Anonymous), 03-Aug-12 08:24 AM, #1
     Reply RE: (DELETED) [NEXUS] Krelthalious Cotobrook the Headst..., Inerayo (Anonymous), 03-Aug-12 12:42 PM, #7

Mylene (Anonymous)Tue 07-Aug-12 03:34 PM
Charter member
#110176, "RE: (DELETED) [NEXUS] Krelthalious Cotobrook the Headst..."
In response to Reply #0

I thought you did really well with your role-play and I loved having you around as you always made things interesting. Sometimes I did have a harder time understanding you than the minotaurs but I thought it was classy and never saw you break out of your speech pattern which I think is awesome as I would have a hard time pulling that off.

Krelty (Anonymous)Fri 03-Aug-12 12:02 PM
Charter member
#110119, "I should have been an assassin....."
In response to Reply #0
Edited on Fri 03-Aug-12 12:03 PM

Well that was fun. The build was awesome in all sorts of ways, but unfortunately, I am not a skilled enough player to pull it off on a consistent basis.

Everyone bags on Nexus, having played a few of them, I really don't get it. "They never fight anyone who is in power" is just a really ignorant thing to say, I can safely say I died horribly to just about everyone who was in power at some point in time. Just because 1-2 Nexans aren't trying to fight 4-5 forties at the Fortress or 2 Invokers/1 Ranger and 1 Shifter at the tree doesn't mean they are pussies, it just means they dont all want to die horribly.

Personally, I like the cabal and I love the fact that you have the most varied set of enemies in the game.

The build:
Svirf: Stoneskin is amaaaazing, so much easier then getting your ass frozen by fillets, I like svirfs overall but vuln blunt against bards/gorillas and hand specs just plain was painful.

Flail/Hand: Both specs I really like, I probably under utilized hand because of HPM, but it was great for stunning and running, or just for quick damage. Flail is awesome except when everyone has cursed weapons or is a hand spec!

Autumn Harvest: Really fun legacy, except my stupid ass forgot to reduce for probably 75% of fights, but when I did it was an incredible difference. In the end, I probably should have gone gates with my weapon choices

HPM: Sooooooooo sexy. The versatility of exotic weapons is great, also the fact that most of them have special attacks was also great. I am sure there are a ton of exotics that nobody has found yet, but the ones I got were super fun.
The Imms:
Rayihn: I really shouldn't ever follow imms. I don't get the whole dynamic. But thanks for the talk! I wanted to be more active in following but when you go to your shrine 10-15 times and a boatload of people are already there, I just realized I couldn't compete. Not a knock on you, its just insane how many people are Rayihn followers.
Whisydan: Thanks for the RP/Opportunity, sorry I deleted. I just didn't care that much to put something together.

The People:
Nexus:
Iklahn: Meter! (Just kidding) I said it on Dio's but you are awesome. I think you have excellent "fussy" RP and you saved my ass a few times with return staffs, except the time you left me to die and pretended like the staff would save me (I'm kidding). Overall you are doing an awesome job.
Inerayo: Stumpy! We had some good times together, you have an amazing build and you are a great RPer/friend. Thanks for helping me gather good sets.
Rynt: You have dream forms, I hate you for them , but seriously give me your forms.
Darikir: You have the dream arial warrior set of EQ, just plain nasty. Thanks for all the help.
Meter: You were an awesome character, you play a transmuter extremely well, I asked for reduce once, after that I didn't have to ever again,
Samvrita: Good luck, we butted heads a lot but it was all RP based. Though I did actually want to strangle you a few times when you would randomly gate away, or just tell us to meet somewhere and make me wait 30 minutes.

Enemies:
Saly/Kelarin: Ridiculous how much you guys beat the piss outta me. Reverb/Critical with a staff on a svirf is just mean. In order to not die horribly, I'd have to have: resist mental/aura/stone/reduce/desen/scaly if I could time it. It also made it impossible to fight you two with leader weapons and custom singing instruments.

Sizzler: You were my favorite, the same build, Svirf vs drow, but you were waaaay better than me. I remember when you were in the rift thirsting (writhing I think) I walk in thinking Im getting an easy kill and you get 2 dbs/pummel and I die. You cracked me up when you told me to stop throwing my whips at you. Good luck!

Vaslin: I am sure you hate me too but I really don't like you IC and OOC.

Xasivus: Don't sweat it about my death, It just made me realize that I am too lazy to constantly be teleporting/hiding/prepping. But man, insects + flyto are nasty.

Alannah: You stole my tankard and for that I wanted you dead :p, Good luck it looks like you are finally getting some help.

I am sure there are a few people I forgot, feel free to respond. I'll see you guys in the fields in a couple months once work stops face raping me.

HopelessD

RayihnFri 03-Aug-12 12:11 PM
Member since 08th Oct 2006
1147 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#110120, "RE: I should have been an assassin....."
In response to Reply #4

I felt bad cause I'd see you walk one step into the shrine, do a where, and gtfo. And then I'd try and coordinate some time with you and all these people would come out of the woodwork. I have no idea what's caused Ray's religion to re-surge like this (I actually was just telling Daev a few short months ago that I was thinking about deleting Ray too) but I'm loving it. I'm just sorry that I didn't get to dedicate more time just to you. Still, when we did sit down and talk it sounded like you were saying you didn't actually want to follow me so I wasn't sure what to take out of that.

Beyond that, you did well with Nexus and I hope to see you back in my shrine and on the Island.

Samaiya (Anonymous)Sat 04-Aug-12 06:28 PM
Charter member
#110134, "RE: I should have been an assassin....."
In response to Reply #5

It's honestly the time and quality of RP you put into your interactions. I've played your religion serially since vaellron, samaiya, Krantmagna, and what Xanta now? No matter how many times you get a different experience and I feel like that is because of you the player not necessarily the persona. I feel like if you like a Persona enough you give it your 100% and it's greatly appreciated.

AlstonSat 04-Aug-12 07:12 PM
Member since 07th Sep 2011
858 posts
#110135, "So many inappropriate things I want to say. :) n/t"
In response to Reply #5

fgbsrf

WhiysdanFri 03-Aug-12 12:40 PM
Member since 04th Aug 2011
243 posts
#110121, "RE: I should have been an assassin....."
In response to Reply #4

Ahhh...we had some fun, huh? I'm glad I was able to talk/beat some sense into you about attacking the Inn.

I watched you a lot and was really cheering for you. Sorry it didn't work out like you wanted.

=w=

Salyeris (Anonymous)Fri 03-Aug-12 01:26 PM
Charter member
#110123, "Just some small notes"
In response to Reply #4

Svirfs have a problem in the vuln department, no denying that. And being reduced further I suspect makes the lag worse from vibrato (which I believe is a combo of size and repertoire) It makes bards able to abuse the gnomes and svirfs, but all chars have ups and downs, and there were lots of things you could do to me to swing fights.

As an aside, generally speaking, a custom instrument is not the best instrument in the game for a repertoire (they are quite good, just not the best), so there is really nothing to complain about there. Same with a leader weapon. It's nodisarm but more importantly it's always there, and that's why I use it. It's not the best weapon I could get or use.

That's the major perk of both things. It saves regear time when I die, and it's just easier than bothering to get other stronger things to replace them even though I could.

Anyway, I'll see you in the fields when you get back. Take care out there.

HopelessD (Anonymous)Fri 03-Aug-12 08:44 PM
Charter member
#110128, "I think you are right about the size/lag thing"
In response to Reply #8

What I hated about the instrument is the nodisarm part. That makes it alot harder to kill you or at least hinder you. Considering the length of your character, I am guessing evade is damn near 100% which means the pure lag options will fail and you'll flee/fiend or flee/sleep. If you can offhand it can buy you time and screw up your opponents songs.

Salyeris (Anonymous)Sat 04-Aug-12 08:00 AM
Charter member
#110131, "They are not no disarm, but they are no drop."
In response to Reply #11

Just FYI And there are also things that can be done that mitigate loss of instrument so that it's not as crippling as you might think.

And yes her evade is perfected, but it was perfected around rank 32 or so, age had nothing to do with that.

Iklahn (Anonymous)Fri 03-Aug-12 05:28 PM
Charter member
#110126, "Thank God you see the attitude as RP"
In response to Reply #4

I had a blast running with you, and I am very humbled by the compliment. I have been having a hard time sticking to the RP I have developed because I don't want people to take the RP I am hitting them with as a player thing.

It was truly a great pleasure to have you along for the Nexus ride as long as you were, and sorry that things seemed to not quite reach the potential you were hoping. GLWYN, whenever it is.

Vasliin (Anonymous)Fri 03-Aug-12 06:12 PM
Charter member
#110127, "A shame to see you go."
In response to Reply #4

I actually liked you just fine, and I'm not sure why you would dislike me ooc as I don't think you have any idea who I am. Sorry that the character didn't work out for you. I guess you should explain why you hated me ic so that I understand better how I might be perceived.

Thanks!

IunnaSat 04-Aug-12 01:45 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
473 posts
#110132, "We never interacted but"
In response to Reply #4

I generally enjoyed what I saw out of this character from my snooping
Battle perspective.

Good luck with life and whatever comes next!

KelarinSun 05-Aug-12 09:47 AM
Member since 29th May 2012
23 posts
#110141, "RE: I should have been an assassin....."
In response to Reply #4

Krel was one of those guys who would bring the fight no matter the odds. I completely understand how that mindset can lead to some really unfortunate/frustrating deaths, but it sure made things fun. I hope you get back soon with something new!

Darikir (Anonymous)Fri 03-Aug-12 11:52 AM
Charter member
#110118, "Really enjoyed your rp and fighting beside you (n/t)"
In response to Reply #0

n/t

Ryntallin Jodeph (Anonymous)Fri 03-Aug-12 10:51 AM
Charter member
#110116, "You were one of the only people in Nexus I knew."
In response to Reply #0

And the only one besides Iklahn that I ever hung out with.

So this is kinda sad, at least for Ryntallin.

Hope to see you again soon. And damn you for deleting after I gave you the Hand. For shame.

Inerayo (Anonymous)Fri 03-Aug-12 08:24 AM
Charter member
#110114, "RE: (DELETED) [NEXUS] Krelthalious Cotobrook the Headst..."
In response to Reply #0

Why man! We were having all sorts of fun. What happened!?

Inerayo (Anonymous)Fri 03-Aug-12 12:42 PM
Charter member
#110122, "RE: (DELETED) [NEXUS] Krelthalious Cotobrook the Headst..."
In response to Reply #1

So now that I can't edit my other post and finally see some goodbyes... bah, this sucks. Thanks for the kind words and all. I've tried and really enjoyed this character a ton. You were and are a huge part of it. This will make more sense when I delete. But I really do hate to see this, whether you happened to win or lose a lot of fights, you were reliable and always ready to throw down and that's got to be respected. Glad you had at least some enjoyable times. Gonna be missed.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #110111 Previous topic | Next topic