Subject: "(DELETED) [TRIBUNAL] Valdimar the Champion of Warfare, ..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #110024
Show all folders

Death_AngelSun 29-Jul-12 08:40 AM
Member since 29th Sep 2024
17191 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#110024, "(DELETED) [TRIBUNAL] Valdimar the Champion of Warfare, Magistrate of Seantryn Modan"

Sun Jul 29 06:36:30 2012

At 3 o'clock PM, Day of the Moon, 7th of the Month of Winter
on the Theran calendar Valdimar perished, never to return.

Race:human
Class:warrior
Level:47
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:TRIBUNAL, the Blood Tribunal
Hours:69

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply I'm done with Tribunals., Valdimar (Anonymous), 29-Jul-12 09:01 AM, #1
     Reply Did you know there was a forum poster named Vladimir wh..., Lhydia, 29-Jul-12 10:28 AM, #2
     Reply Of course. Who doesn't know ME? nt, Vladamir, 30-Jul-12 10:20 PM, #6
          Reply Out of interest, who are you?, GrahamC, 01-Aug-12 03:17 PM, #7
     Reply RE: I'm done with Tribunals., Illanthos, 29-Jul-12 09:31 PM, #3
     Reply RE: I'm done with Tribunals., The-me, 30-Jul-12 10:31 AM, #4
          Reply More advice, Tsunami, 30-Jul-12 12:42 PM, #5

Valdimar (Anonymous)Sun 29-Jul-12 09:01 AM
Charter member
#110025, "I'm done with Tribunals."
In response to Reply #0

Can't rank because the Outlanders can see that you're out of the City and start looking for you. I'd really like to see that Magistrate "Of" tag remain on no matter what. At the very least, they would be forced to move around more to check the Spire or your hometown rather than spam "Whois Vald" until my tag goes away.

The build did not perform well in the ways I had hoped it would.

Out meleed by air forms that are fully maladicted.

Even with calming ALL preps/shields dispelled first shot.

Can't run anywhere. They can fly all over or never get tired.

Hurl throat takes away an Invokers casting for a single hour then is can't be used again for who knows how long. I don't because you can't last that long against an invoker as a now unprepared warrior even when you have calming.

Not to mention I used it about 10 times in PK and it hit once.

Outlanders can turn against you the only power you have available to you without the scales. I.E. Guards. Even with their throats hit with hurl. (What is that? A tsk tsk finger wag of shame?)

Calming seemed to be alright, but did next to nothing against transmuters. I suppose it could all be RNG but it did not do anything.

And it's one big happy tree. It doesn't matter what branch you're in, you're coming for Valdimar and friends, and you're all coming together.

I had some ideas, but typoes always kept me in battle one round too long. Not that you can escape something that can fly from Darsylon to Seantryn before I can get out of the City to hide after recalling.

Meh. That's three strikes for the Spire. I'm through with it. I suggest anyone that plays it, plays a Paladin, Shaman or a Hiding Class. Or expect to have a buddy with you at all times.

LhydiaSun 29-Jul-12 10:28 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
2390 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#110026, "Did you know there was a forum poster named Vladimir wh..."
In response to Reply #1

gr

VladamirMon 30-Jul-12 10:20 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
1179 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM Click to send message via ICQ
#110049, "Of course. Who doesn't know ME? nt"
In response to Reply #2

nt

GrahamCWed 01-Aug-12 03:17 PM
Member since 19th Mar 2006
76 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via ICQ
#110099, "Out of interest, who are you?"
In response to Reply #6

>nt

IllanthosSun 29-Jul-12 09:31 PM
Member since 14th Oct 2011
274 posts
#110029, "RE: I'm done with Tribunals."
In response to Reply #1

>> Outlanders can turn against you the only power you have available to you without the scales. I.E. Guards. Even with their throats hit with hurl. (What is that? A tsk tsk finger wag of shame?)

Well...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m4ozVMxzNAA

The-meMon 30-Jul-12 10:31 AM
Member since 14th Jun 2011
333 posts
#110038, "RE: I'm done with Tribunals."
In response to Reply #1

>Can't rank because the Outlanders can see that you're out of
>the City and start looking for you. I'd really like to see
>that Magistrate "Of" tag remain on no matter what. At the very
>least, they would be forced to move around more to check the
>Spire or your hometown rather than spam "Whois Vald" until my
>tag goes away.
^^ This is a significant weakness, but I've never really had a problem ranking as trib, if they do come, GTFO pretty fast, and change up the areas you level in, theres plenty ways to get to hero.

>
>The build did not perform well in the ways I had hoped it
>would.
>
>Out meleed by air forms that are fully maladicted.

I dont really understand this, but I mean did you perfect all the relevant skills? Did you gear appropriately, shifters are generally the easiest for warriors to deal with. Mind you air shifters are generally always coming with a stack of preps.... so use your flee windows to prep, do a decent amount of damage and they will fly off. You can use that time to heal up some, prep more, or get underground. I understand that sometimes your logins are just you hiding out underground and that can suck sometimes.

>
>Even with calming ALL preps/shields dispelled first shot.
^^^ Level to Hero its your biggest advantage in saving throws, and then stack -svs like a mofo, also remember to cover str/dex avoid those fights until you are prepped accordingly (with gears)

>
>Can't run anywhere. They can fly all over or never get tired.
^^ Can go underwater and underground, there are places that even Tavlin will not come at you bro

>
>Hurl throat takes away an Invokers casting for a single hour
>then is can't be used again for who knows how long. I don't
>because you can't last that long against an invoker as a now
>unprepared warrior even when you have calming.

Invokers are tough, try to have non dispelable resistances up, use the available bard resistance, manacles are also useful, lagging them is another option. (Hint if he has shield of waves, at least you arent getting electrified by hitting him )

>
>
>Not to mention I used it about 10 times in PK and it hit once.
^^ What was your hit roll?

>
>
>Outlanders can turn against you the only power you have
>available to you without the scales. I.E. Guards. Even with
>their throats hit with hurl. (What is that? A tsk tsk finger
>wag of shame?)
^^^ Thats ok its a flaggable offence, and you can just walk off and call guards again really quickly. Dont expect to be sitting at MS as an unprepped warrior without some troubles.

>
>Calming seemed to be alright, but did next to nothing against
>transmuters. I suppose it could all be RNG but it did not do
>anything.
Remember svs and svsp can make a use difference fighting transmuters.

>And it's one big happy tree. It doesn't matter what branch
>you're in, you're coming for Valdimar and friends, and you're
>all coming together.
>
^^^ I agree that this has been a problem, with Goodies helping baddies etc, but it seems to have be addressed some what.

>I had some ideas, but typoes always kept me in battle one
>round too long. Not that you can escape something that can fly
>from Darsylon to Seantryn before I can get out of the City to
>hide after recalling.
^^^ Get teleport potions, these can often put you straight to a place they will not get you.

>
>Meh. That's three strikes for the Spire. I'm through with it.
>I suggest anyone that plays it, plays a Paladin, Shaman or a
>Hiding Class. Or expect to have a buddy with you at all
>times.
^^^ Warrior is more than doable with a heavy outlander presence, see 5 vs 1 retrievals for Mhag, also

TsunamiMon 30-Jul-12 12:42 PM
Member since 25th Mar 2008
1509 posts
#110041, "More advice"
In response to Reply #4

Sacrifice your body parts. I'm amazed at how many people don't do this when there are mages with locate spells around.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #110024 Previous topic | Next topic