Subject: "(DEL) <WARLOCK> Arvidor Moonshine, the Drunken Warlock" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #1075
Show all folders

Death_AngelTue 05-Jun-01 07:06 PM
Member since 23rd Apr 2024
16802 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1075, "(DEL) Arvidor Moonshine, the Drunken Warlock"

Tue Jun 5 21:05:24 2001

9 o''clock AM, Day of the Sun, 27th of the Month of Winter on the Theran calendar Arvidor perished, never to return.

Race:half-elf
Class:transmuter
Level:51
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Lawful
Cabal:WARLOCK, the Warlocks of the Golden Grimoire
Hours:330
PK Ratio:0% (closer to 100% is better)

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Last Request, Arvidor (Guest) (Guest), 06-Jun-01 02:19 PM, #12
Reply RE: (DEL) <WARLOCK> Arvidor Moonshine, the Drunken Warl..., Mithrambor (Guest), 06-Jun-01 10:25 AM, #10
Reply RE: (DEL) <WARLOCK> Arvidor Moonshine, the Drunken Warl..., Arvidor (Guest) (Guest), 05-Jun-01 07:39 PM, #1
     Reply RE: (DEL) <WARLOCK> Arvidor Moonshine, the Drunken Warl..., Kadsuane, 05-Jun-01 08:27 PM, #2
     Reply RE: (DEL) <WARLOCK> Arvidor Moonshine, the Drunken Warl..., Arvidor (Guest) (Guest), 05-Jun-01 08:50 PM, #4
     Reply RE: (DEL) <WARLOCK> Arvidor Moonshine, the Drunken Warl..., Karnavex (Guest) (Guest), 05-Jun-01 08:45 PM, #3
     Reply RE: (DEL) <WARLOCK> Arvidor Moonshine, the Drunken Warl..., Braiden (Guest) (Guest), 05-Jun-01 09:27 PM, #5
     Reply RE: (DEL) <WARLOCK> Arvidor Moonshine, the Drunken Warl..., Arvidor/Erakee (Guest) (Guest), 06-Jun-01 02:17 PM, #11
     Reply RE: (DEL) <WARLOCK> Arvidor Moonshine, the Drunken Warl..., Mealrocan (Guest) (Guest), 06-Jun-01 01:18 AM, #6
     Reply Damn you smiley face !!!, Mealrocan (Guest) (Guest), 06-Jun-01 01:20 AM, #7
     Reply RE: (DEL) <WARLOCK> Arvidor Moonshine, the Drunken Warl..., Celyrin (Guest) (Guest), 06-Jun-01 06:19 AM, #8
     Reply RE: (DEL) <WARLOCK> Arvidor Moonshine, the Drunken Warl..., Karithia (Guest) (Guest), 06-Jun-01 09:43 AM, #9
     Reply RE: (DEL) <WARLOCK> Arvidor Moonshine, the Drunken Warl..., Arvidor (Guest) (Guest), 06-Jun-01 09:11 PM, #15
     Reply RE: (DEL) <WARLOCK> Arvidor Moonshine, the Drunken Warl..., Mexner (Guest) (Guest), 06-Jun-01 07:30 PM, #13
     Reply RE: (DEL) <WARLOCK> Arvidor Moonshine, the Drunken Warl..., Arvidor (Guest) (Guest), 06-Jun-01 09:05 PM, #14
     Reply RE: (DEL) <WARLOCK> Arvidor Moonshine, the Drunken Warl..., Drucyrus (Guest) (Guest), 08-Jun-01 01:08 AM, #16
     Reply RE: (DEL) <WARLOCK> Arvidor Moonshine, the Drunken Warl..., Arvidor (Guest) (Guest), 08-Jun-01 02:07 PM, #17
     Reply RE: (DEL) <WARLOCK> Arvidor Moonshine, the Drunken Warl..., Daemelin (Guest) (Guest), 08-Jun-01 04:05 PM, #18
          Reply RE: (DEL) <WARLOCK> Arvidor Moonshine, the Drunken Warl..., Kastury (Guest) (Guest), 08-Jun-01 05:12 PM, #19
          Reply RE: (DEL) <WARLOCK> Arvidor Moonshine, the Drunken Warl..., Arvidor (Guest) (Guest), 08-Jun-01 06:42 PM, #20
               Reply RE: (DEL) <WARLOCK> Arvidor Moonshine, the Drunken Warl..., Daemelin (Guest), 09-Jun-01 04:51 AM, #21

Arvidor (Guest) (Guest)Wed 06-Jun-01 02:19 PM

#1076, "Last Request"
In response to Reply #0

Now for all your guys in the Fortress who refused to drink with me! Damnit, now is as good of a time to raise a glass/bottle/something alcoholic in my name for once in your sorry lives. Like it would've killed you to drink with me. You know who you people are...

Arvidor

Mithrambor (Guest)Wed 06-Jun-01 10:25 AM

#1077, "RE: (DEL) <WARLOCK> Arvidor Moonshine, the Drunken Warl..."
In response to Reply #0

Damn. You're surely going to be missed. Had some great times; nothing like the challenge of ranking with a defensive shapeshifter and a healer. That may be the true definition of masochism. *grin* If nothing else, you may have shown me true determination after continuing to work yourself out of god-knows-how-deep of a hole from mob deaths.

Hope to see you around again in another form. I truly enjoyed all of our interactions together.

Mithrambor Celebisilme

Arvidor (Guest) (Guest)Tue 05-Jun-01 07:39 PM

#1078, "RE: (DEL) <WARLOCK> Arvidor Moonshine, the Drunken Warl..."
In response to Reply #0

Part of the reason for the deletion? Made a goofball error of posting something under the name Arvidor and then signing it Erakee. Thought that was a good sign for me to delete as I was toying with the idea for a while anyways. Plus, 1 too many crocodiles in the Tower.

Well, what a shock at that PK ratio. I couldn't kill a small child even if I tried much less another person. So may as well do some goodbyes here.

Warlocks: So many friends and stuff to list... Hard to keep track so apologies if I missed anyone.

Mealrocan, Annalena, Parcimius, Kastury, Celyrin, Kerfta, Shane, Lewellyn, Solmyr, Kethryllia, Airella, etc. etc. etc.

What can I say... we had quite a bit of fun together. Even convinced some of you to drink with me. Even got Parcimius to suffer from Alcohol poisoning for a while. But to be quite honest, I chose to be a defense focus shifter just so I could protect others and stuff. End result being a crocodile (great form btw, good job imms), I'm just the last one to die in a group. Usually I didn't die too often and rarely to PKs. Probably less then 10 PK deaths in my whole life. But to all of you, had a blast.

Kastury: you were my sister in character and god knows we even drank together in the guild many times prior to joining the Warlocks.

Annalena: a bit shocked that you actually inducted me into the Warlocks after only getting one recommendation. Hope I didn't disappoint you in the end despite the fact that I think I was even drunk for the interview.

Parcimius: Thanks for the huge assist in heroing my sad butt after having all those bad luck incidents at rank 39. Should've let me drink with your Archon that one time.

Ilraeth/Savraeth: Thanks for the Title. I think for at least half of those 330 hours in game, I would be drunk for 3/4 of it. Don't know why but thought it was an interesting angle to play an alcoholic wizard.

Celyrin: I should've been known as "Accident waiting to Happen." God knows you proved it with that one misstep in Shadar that one time. (I was AFK at the time completely confident something like that would not happen. No more bathroom breaks when in Shadar Logoth).

To the rest of the tower and the apprentices that I had? Sorry to say that it looks like you may have to look for a new Mentor. Don't know why I always got picked for the job. *shrug*

Other people:

Braiden: Had some fun while we were around together. Looks like you're turning a bit into an alcoholic like me. Too bad we never got that chance to have that drinking contest.

Mexner: Bastard, had to delete didn't you.

Pohanad: God, glad I was not the only drunk in the Fortress

Ambrose: Had a few interesting adventures together

Warborf: HAR!!!!!!

Discaples: Had to delete... Oh well, we had quite a few adventures together as well

Mithrambor: Haven't seen you around in a while but we were together since the newbie ranks pretty much. God, ranking alone with a warthog and a healer was a pain in the butt.

Scions: Got to say at the hero ranks, it is a 50/50 split between competent scary people and the incompetent ones. But to those who were competent, I'll admit that one on one I was not really worried. It was just the rest of the time when you were all grouped together that was the scary part. In particular, Daemelin, Lokilith, Hejduk, and Tikar were the ones that I had a lot of respect for. Probably in that order since Tikar only recently got into my PK range. So no offense to ya Tikar.

Battle: You were a dead cabal when I got inducted, only recently did you start picking up the fight. Wodrahcir, when you got me that day... I was having a real bad day. 3 PKs in one day had me close to deleting (not to mention the xp hole I dug myself into with accidents and bad teleports). Glad I stuck it out to see what a hero transmuter was capable of which for me was nothing.

Nexus: I still think it is weird that your idea of balance. True that the world view is proper but was it really necessary to come in a group of 10 with scions to "preserve" the balance when the hero range was already sort of lopsided towards the Evils? Thought it was a bit of overkill and was pissed after dying (Not so much for dying, just the Nexus involvement in it all). Glad I had a chance to go into your cabal and aid in getting some revenge.

Tribunal: Did not know too many of you but Zieth! You rock man. Keep up the good work.

Entropy: Nazgauga, whenever you were in the realms I had to look over my shoulder when I would be hanging around the guild. That one day you broke my spine 3 times I think. Glad to say you did not kill me though.

Sylvan: Didn't get too many opportunities to interact with ya but always appreciated the back up near the fortress if you felt the Scions might be raiding for the Scepter. God knows I had no PKing ability with that defense form. (On the water, different story right Karnavex?).

Scarabs: Not many of you around... Rarely saw any of you either. But a note to Drucyus, rot on a crocodile will never work.

I'm sure I missed people so my apologies. Hard to remember but I did enjoy playing the Drunk... Maybe I'll roll up a Scion to try and learn how to PK. God knows I grew pretty adept at avoiding PKs.

Arvidor Moonshine, aka Erakee.

KadsuaneTue 05-Jun-01 08:27 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
169 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1095, "RE: (DEL) <WARLOCK> Arvidor Moonshine, the Drunken Warl..."
In response to Reply #1

Muahahahaa

I had a feeling that was you, damn you and your goodies!!!!

I wish you had been scion, we would have had some fun.

Best of luck with the next char Wan Fruit.

Much Love

Newbie-King

Arvidor (Guest) (Guest)Tue 05-Jun-01 08:50 PM

#1096, "RE: (DEL) <WARLOCK> Arvidor Moonshine, the Drunken Warl..."
In response to Reply #2

Bah, you know me... We tried the evil thing once in Empire. We had a blast but you got to admit some of the ##### we did in the PKing area was just plain disgusting. Cleaning out your PK list 2 times over in one night is a bit ridiculous.

Arvidor

Karnavex (Guest) (Guest)Tue 05-Jun-01 08:45 PM

#1094, "RE: (DEL) <WARLOCK> Arvidor Moonshine, the Drunken Warl..."
In response to Reply #1

Yep, you are right about the water. In the past I would always go eat a piece of seaweed and take a dive to recover from a fight, but after the near-death ass beating by the manta/walrus combo that was the end of my restful dives. Sucks that our playing times were a bit off for I enjoyed what limited chances we had to speak. Luck on your next one, and see you in the fields.

Braiden (Guest) (Guest)Tue 05-Jun-01 09:27 PM

#1092, "RE: (DEL) <WARLOCK> Arvidor Moonshine, the Drunken Warl..."
In response to Reply #1

BAh! If I had known that was the end, I would have challenged you to a drinking contest on the spot. Death by Alcohol Poisoning. I had a blast with you. One of the few people in the fortress I felt accepted me from the get go. I kinda figured out you were erakee that day you started telling the story over group. The "story" being the one you picked up from the lyceum. It was all confirmed when I read that arvidor/erakee post. Anyway, I really enjoyed interacting with your character and I wish you the best of luck on your next. Maybe we will cross paths again in the future.

Braiden

P.S. I still think you should have married ol' whatshername, but you seemed deadset against it, even though I completely sold you out the first time I saw her afterwards.

Arvidor/Erakee (Guest) (Guest)Wed 06-Jun-01 02:17 PM

#1093, "RE: (DEL) <WARLOCK> Arvidor Moonshine, the Drunken Warl..."
In response to Reply #5

Actually, had the story for a different IC reason. Had it for a while. (Rank 30?) But you are right about that goof up post I put under Mealrocan. Damn, posted as Arvidor and signed Erakee. *groan* Not the end of the world but people noticed and to be quite honest, I like to remain anonymous as my currect characters. It sorted motivated me to delete as well as the fact that I couldn't defend people for ##### and couldn't PK for ##### in a defense form. Was getting a tad bit frustrated. Not that I'm a great PKer but it takes a great player to make a Croc into a PK menace. Perhaps a Scion with a nightwalker in the back would do much better. God knows I couldn't as a Warlock.

Arvidor

Mealrocan (Guest) (Guest)Wed 06-Jun-01 01:18 AM

#1090, "RE: (DEL) <WARLOCK> Arvidor Moonshine, the Drunken Warl..."
In response to Reply #1

Well I knew you wouldnt last long without me around to take the piss out of (Sorry too much effort to do the whole smiley face thing right now)
Well you rocked. Always happy to start up an agruement or whatever. But why the hell couldn't you have been an armidillo. I mean sheesh both you and Kas. And well sucked I was an arial too. Anyhow starting to ramble. Well played and good luck with your next.

PS. The reason I gave you that armor was I figured you would be able to hold on to it longer than anyone else. Would have given it to Kas but she wasnt around. Oh well.

Mealrocan (Guest) (Guest)Wed 06-Jun-01 01:20 AM

#1091, "Damn you smiley face !!!"
In response to Reply #6

Oh its automatic. Good one

Celyrin (Guest) (Guest)Wed 06-Jun-01 06:19 AM

#1089, "RE: (DEL) <WARLOCK> Arvidor Moonshine, the Drunken Warl..."
In response to Reply #1

Bah! You had to remind me this incident, didn't you? I felt so bad for getting you killed.

Oh, and like Braiden I suspected something when you told us that Erakee story... It was a good story though.

Well, we already said our goodbyes in game, so good luck with your next char(s).

Karithia (Guest) (Guest)Wed 06-Jun-01 09:43 AM

#1087, "RE: (DEL) <WARLOCK> Arvidor Moonshine, the Drunken Warl..."
In response to Reply #1

I am sorry to see you go Arvidor. You did a great job. You will be missed at the Fortress. Farewell.

Karithia

Flatgirl *grin*

Arvidor (Guest) (Guest)Wed 06-Jun-01 09:11 PM

#1088, "RE: (DEL) <WARLOCK> Arvidor Moonshine, the Drunken Warl..."
In response to Reply #9

And in honor of me, I hope every Warlock continues you call you "Flat Girl" Sort of like that nickname even though the Grand Sorceress sort of found it insulting.

So go at it all. Continue the fine tradition.

Mexner (Guest) (Guest)Wed 06-Jun-01 07:30 PM

#1085, "RE: (DEL) <WARLOCK> Arvidor Moonshine, the Drunken Warl..."
In response to Reply #1

Miss you already Hoggy. Remember how I found out how I was going to be arcane?

mex

Arvidor (Guest) (Guest)Wed 06-Jun-01 09:05 PM

#1086, "RE: (DEL) <WARLOCK> Arvidor Moonshine, the Drunken Warl..."
In response to Reply #13

Oh my lord, I remember that... I think we hung around since mud school days or damn close to rank 11 or so. We were both ranking hoping to get a form when I noticed you casted invis on our third. I realized I couldn't do it and we were both like "Holy S#*&" You decided to stick it out to see what it was like.

God, good memories. Then your ribbing of all my ugly forms since then. Warthog, Wombat, Sand Lizard, Crocodile...

Probably why I liked you so much. you could make me laugh.

Drucyrus (Guest) (Guest)Fri 08-Jun-01 01:08 AM

#1083, "RE: (DEL) <WARLOCK> Arvidor Moonshine, the Drunken Warl..."
In response to Reply #1

Tell that to the four I killed that way.
You obviously do not have all the details of rot figured out but oh well, I am sure you will learn. Later.
Drucyrus

Arvidor (Guest) (Guest)Fri 08-Jun-01 02:07 PM

#1084, "RE: (DEL) <WARLOCK> Arvidor Moonshine, the Drunken Warl..."
In response to Reply #16

Maybe it was just me because with croc regen versus hourly rot, never lost any con. Also had 10 trains on the side just for con for some reason. So I usually had max con. Oh well, rot versus croc would rarely work? Against other wizards and forms, different story perhaps.

Arvidor

Daemelin (Guest) (Guest)Fri 08-Jun-01 04:05 PM

#1079, "RE: (DEL) <WARLOCK> Arvidor Moonshine, the Drunken Warl..."
In response to Reply #1

Ah, the infamous crocidile. Shouldn't have complained about it so much, recall you nearly getting me while I raided a time or two, some how always ended up one way or the other, you dead or running or me bleeding all over myself. You were pretty good at getting away, and even better at taking it calmly, not the moaning you would hear from alot of people (believe me, I've heard ALOT of moaning, real damn annoying). Was a good time, for the both of us I hope.

Kastury (Guest) (Guest)Fri 08-Jun-01 05:12 PM

#1082, "RE: (DEL) <WARLOCK> Arvidor Moonshine, the Drunken Warl..."
In response to Reply #18

Are you sure thats not me?
*grin*

Arvidor (Guest) (Guest)Fri 08-Jun-01 06:42 PM

#1080, "RE: (DEL) <WARLOCK> Arvidor Moonshine, the Drunken Warl..."
In response to Reply #18

Was hoping to hear from you. And I was not complaining about the form. Just know that it was made the way it was supposed to be. Huge damage reduction, tough to kill, and has a minimal amount of damage capability. You always scared me and we had a few odd occassions to speak to each other. Out of the handful of times we fought, you got me ONCE. (Other times I admit I ran away like a wimp. Mostly due to either my mana was low or the numbers were plain ugly). The one death was due to me spamming and neglecting to compensate the fact that crocs are slow as slugs. I got a lot better at escaping when the tide turns and still remember you and the Scarab assassin in the Underdark.

Damn, was too afraid to revert because you would kill me if I did. Was blinded so was not sure when I could word out of there. Didn't even realize I left you two behind the gates of Blidgenstone until I heard a mob say something and worded right out after I got some distance between us. Had my heart pumping that day.

Well, you were a respected opponent and glad I brought you endless amounts of ammusement when I did make you bleed. *smirk* The way we were, we could've been arch-nemesis's. Beating each other up but never quite able to get one or the other. My favorite conversation was you asking me to form a raiding party so you could kill all of us. *smirk* You said something along the lines "I'm too old to be hunting you guys down, would rather have you bring them all to me all at once."

Arvidor

Daemelin (Guest)Sat 09-Jun-01 04:51 AM

#1081, "RE: (DEL) <WARLOCK> Arvidor Moonshine, the Drunken Warl..."
In response to Reply #20

Well I was too old obviously, look where I am now...actually, where am I? Been looking around for myself for a day now. Anyway, ya, that Underdark thing was a mess. Assassin was trying to tiger claw it looked like while I was trying to kill two crocs. Excercise in futility. And then you fled through that door

An angry crocodile flees!
You pounce an angry crocdile!
Alas, you cannot go that way.

Was a bit put out by that, my pass door fell an attack or two earlier and you somehow just made it to that door, ARGH! How bout when I was raiding for the sceptre? Just you there trying to kill me while I was working the maran. Swear to god, I was laughing my ass off on this side, fought good dozen rounds or so like that and you bit me like three time (and yet again I bled...). Of course ended up running when I tried to raid after that, but was still amusing.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #1075 Previous topic | Next topic