Subject: "CF Mailing List / Newsletter" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Announcements Topic #3007
Show all folders

UmironTue 22-Sep-15 11:04 AM
Member since 29th May 2017
1495 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#3007, "CF Mailing List / Newsletter"

For those who might be unaware, CF periodically sends our a newsletter and/or announces fun things via email.

To subscribe, fill out this form: http://eepurl.com/KLfh5

If you are subscribed, please make sure emails from newsletter@carrionfields.com aren't going to your spam folder.

And of course if you wish to unsubscribe you may do so using the link at the bottom of one of our emails.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply REQUEST: Please use Gameplay for shapeshifter questions..., Umiron, 15-Oct-15 11:41 AM, #14
Reply I just signed up for the newsletter. Where can I get ..., Doof, 04-Oct-15 02:03 PM, #11
Reply Quick question about shapeshifter forms:, Batman (Anonymous), 22-Sep-15 12:50 PM, #1
     Reply RE: Quick question about shapeshifter forms:, Umiron, 22-Sep-15 12:54 PM, #2
          Reply Since you haven't made up your mind., Batman (Anonymous), 22-Sep-15 02:22 PM, #3
          Reply Question for Umi , Gaplemo, 22-Sep-15 07:53 PM, #4
          Reply RE: Question for Umi , Umiron, 22-Sep-15 08:16 PM, #5
               Reply If there was ever a time to roll up a midbie Battle PKe..., Bemused, 22-Sep-15 09:48 PM, #6
               Reply Another question., KoeKhaos, 18-Oct-15 02:38 PM, #13
          Reply Is there an increased chance to get the new forms?, Murphy, 23-Sep-15 03:03 PM, #7
          Reply RE: Is there an increased chance to get the new forms?, Umiron, 23-Sep-15 04:21 PM, #8
               Reply Yeah but it's only a month and everyone will go back to..., Lhydia, 23-Sep-15 05:48 PM, #9
                    Reply RE: Yeah but it's only a month and everyone will go bac..., Intrigued (Anonymous), 30-Sep-15 02:17 PM, #10
          Reply RE: Quick question about shapeshifter forms:, A shifter (Anonymous), 07-Oct-15 01:50 PM, #12

UmironThu 15-Oct-15 11:41 AM
1495 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#3028, "REQUEST: Please use Gameplay for shapeshifter questions..."
In response to Reply #0

nasd

DoofSun 04-Oct-15 08:03 AM
Member since 03rd Dec 2009
200 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#3025, "I just signed up for the newsletter. Where can I get ..."
In response to Reply #0

Batman (inactive user)Tue 22-Sep-15 11:51 AM
Charter member
#3008, "Quick question about shapeshifter forms:"
In response to Reply #0

Are the new forms available to be who rolled before October 1st but rank into Tier 1 Forms during October, or are they only available for people who rolled October 1st and after?

UmironTue 22-Sep-15 12:54 PM
1495 posts
#3009, "RE: Quick question about shapeshifter forms:"
In response to Reply #1

Most likely, they will only be available to characters who: 1) rolled during the month of October and 2) gain their tier 1 form(s) within the month of October. But I haven't made up my mind yet.

Because this is CF, one or more idiots are going to roll a hundred level 1 shapeshifters and park them in hopes of having these forms available for months and months to come, and one way or another I'll be thwarting that.

Batman (inactive user)Tue 22-Sep-15 01:28 PM
Charter member
#3010, "Since you haven't made up your mind."
In response to Reply #2

I'd like to suggest allowing it for people who rolled prior to October 1st.

This has no bearing on me, as I'm not doing shifters, but I know people will end up deleting their lowbie shifters just to save and reroll in October - which is going to add to the number of hundreds of level 1 shifters starting just then.

Thanks for the answer, I knew a handful of people who were wondering this.

GaplemoTue 22-Sep-15 05:20 PM
Member since 06th May 2010
618 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#3011, "Question for Umi "
In response to Reply #2

I got this email, and I think the shifter form thing is cool. You're really tempting me man.

A question though, are these new quest forms or restrung old forms. Like, are you adding for instance, yeti to the pool of chance? Or are you restringing an old form for Halloween like say, Zombie lion instead of lion.

Just curious, because I'm tempted as #### to roll a few shifters after my honeymoon.

UmironTue 22-Sep-15 08:16 PM
1495 posts
#3012, "RE: Question for Umi "
In response to Reply #4

They're brand new forms. I modeled each one after an existing form of the same tier/foci, but all five forms are new and have a unique configuration of stats, skills, etc., and none are carbon copies of another form.

I will confess though that I'm not entirely done with them, so what exactly they'll have and do isn't set is stone yet. They are playable as-is, but the final product will depend a lot on how much time I'm able to spend on them in the coming days.

BemusedTue 22-Sep-15 09:08 PM
Member since 15th Oct 2013
663 posts
#3013, "If there was ever a time to roll up a midbie Battle PKe..."
In response to Reply #5

nt

KoeKhaosSun 11-Oct-15 09:03 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
400 posts
#3027, "Another question."
In response to Reply #5

Are these immortal set or just added to the random set you can get? Can we roll the bones to try to get one if we didn't get one? Thanks for the fun work!

MurphyWed 23-Sep-15 01:16 PM
Member since 30th Dec 2010
1639 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#3021, "Is there an increased chance to get the new forms?"
In response to Reply #2

I mean, there are already 8 forms in every focus, right? Having a 1/9 chance to see a the new one seems rather sparse for something that's only avaliable during one month.

UmironWed 23-Sep-15 04:21 PM
1495 posts
#3022, "RE: Is there an increased chance to get the new forms?"
In response to Reply #7

I wasn't planning on that, no.

Based on the number of shapeshifters that get rolled every month (and assuming a bump for October), the number of forms, that each shapeshifter gets two, etc., I guesstimate that we'll see them in action but by no means will everyone get one.

If somewhere along the line I observe that I'm wrong, I can always hack something together to fix it I suppose, but I'd rather not have Thera look like only five animals came out of the Ark because I weighted the dice.

LhydiaWed 23-Sep-15 05:03 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
2379 posts
#3023, "Yeah but it's only a month and everyone will go back to..."
In response to Reply #8

gr

Intrigued (Anonymous)Mon 28-Sep-15 01:33 AM
Charter member
#3024, "RE: Yeah but it's only a month and everyone will go bac..."
In response to Reply #9

Given the small playerbase and the fact that even if people mass roll shifters about 90% will let them auto and not play them seriously... I think it would be fine to "weight the dice" just a little at least.

I'd love to see these in the world, and this is the kind of thing that would make me want to make a comeback CF character if I knew my odds at a little something different weren't so piss poor.

A shifter (Anonymous)Wed 07-Oct-15 01:36 AM
Charter member
#3026, "RE: Quick question about shapeshifter forms:"
In response to Reply #2

Would you be willing to extend that to ALL heroes who will get a tier 1 form in October? (but rolled in September)

Thanks

Top General Discussions Announcements Topic #3007 Previous topic | Next topic