Subject: "Daevryn Busts a Move on a New Round of Edges" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Announcements Topic #2569
Show all folders

CyradiaSun 19-Feb-12 01:40 PM
Member since 26th Jan 2005
163 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#2569, "Daevryn Busts a Move on a New Round of Edges"

New edges went in this reboot! The theme was to add some interesting ideas for underplayed role/class combos. Thanks to everyone who helped give ideas on the gameplay forum.

Here's a rough list of what's in. New helpfiles were added, and I think I've also gotten them on the appropriate edge list helpfiles. Feel free to report (prefer a pray this afternoon or an email to me if later) any typos/problems you see with the helpfiles.

VIOLET SPIDERS REDEMPTION
Cloud giants with this edge have become respected priests and find that they are able to lift the ancient curse of their people that make them vulnerable to holy attacks. Faith in their own religion also yields new vitality in the face of disease, making them less vulnerable to it, as well.

STRENGTH OF THE ALE
Many dwarves indulge, and sometimes over indulge, in ale and liquor. However, in many dwarven warriors, this drunkenness is a source of new strength. Dwarves with this edge will find they hit a bit harder when drunk or tipsy.

COURAGE OF THE ALE
Many dwarves indulge, and sometimes over indulge, in ale and liquor. However, in many dwarven warriors, this drunkenness is a source of vitality and stubbornness in battle. Dwarves with this edge will find they take a bit less damage in battle than they would if they were sober.

TAILCRIPPLER
By using their tail to momentarily entwine the legs of an enemy, a felar anti-paladin may attempt to deal a crippling strike to the knee with a hafted weapon (spear or polearm) rather than a mace. This deals less damage than a typical crippling strike and has a reduced success rate if the felar’s dexterity is impaired. Success rates will also benefit if the victim is the same size as the felar.

CATNAP
Fela with this edge find that if their constitution is stronger than their wits, they will depend on that vitality and determination when landing a sleep spell on a victim.

In other words, whereas normally spells of this nature depend on intelligence and wisdom, fela with this edge would find the spell depends on constitution, if that’s to their advantage.

WINGMORPH
Arial shapeshifters with an air form will find they can still call on their inherent ability to wingsweep.

TOTALLY SLOSHED
Many dwarves indulge, and sometimes over indulge, in ale and liquor. However, in many dwarven healers, this drunkenness is a source of increased passion in their supplications. Dwarves with this edge will find they perform their communing duties better when drunk or tipsy.

SAGE DEFENSE
Gnomes with this edge will take advantage of their wisdom when thinking through ways to parry blows. This leaves gnomes with improved parrying abilities if they have an advantage on the wisdom front.

CURSED WINDS
Arial shamans with this edge will find their wingsweeps can bring a curse, along with the typical damage done by avians in this maneuver.

GNOMISH TACTICIAN
Gnomes with this edge will, partially, take advantage of their wisdom when thinking through ways to evade blows. This leaves gnomes with improved evade abilities if they have an advantage on the wisdom front.

NATURAL WEAPON SPECIALIZATION
Wood-elves with this edge capitalize on their woodland roots. When wielding a weapon made of natural material, they will see improvements in their ability to parry and inflict damage.

TAINTED BLOOD
Anti-paladins are known to specialize in pain caused by poison and disease and they spend hours making sure they understand how to inflict poison and disease upon each race. Anti-paladins with this edge use their mixed heritage to their advantage. Because they are a mixture of races, they are able to resist poison and disease.

NATURES CHILD
Wood-elves with this edge capitalize on their woodland roots, when spending time in the wilderness. They’ll find their health and movement abilities regenerate faster when in the wilderness. Although any wood-elf can benefit from this edge, martial classes benefit even more.

SKYBLESSED
Maintaining birdform is taxing on the power absorbed through herb gathering. Due to their experience with wings already, arial druids with this edge will not use up herbs as quickly as most druids do when they are in birdform.

WOODLAND WARRIOR
Wood-elf warriors with this edge capitalize on their woodland roots, when spending time in the wilderness. They’ll find they are better at evading attacks when in the wilderness.

FAEBURN
Half-drow paladins with this edge will draw power from their dark-elf heritage when successfully landing a flamestrike on a victim. They’ll notice short faerie fire effects in addition to the normal flamestrike.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Wow, both of my submissions were used!, Illanthos, 20-Feb-12 09:25 PM, #8
Reply Does the dex factor of tailcripper only use natural dex..., Felar (Anonymous), 20-Feb-12 04:29 PM, #7
Reply RE: Daevryn Busts a Move on a New Round of Edges, Graatch, 20-Feb-12 04:29 PM, #6
Reply Fixed. n/t, Cyradia, 20-Feb-12 09:28 PM, #9
Reply RE: Daevryn Busts a Move on a New Round of Edges, Woodie (Anonymous), 20-Feb-12 07:38 AM, #3
Reply RE: Daevryn Busts a Move on a New Round of Edges, Daevryn, 20-Feb-12 09:51 AM, #4
     Reply RE: Daevryn Busts a Move on a New Round of Edges, Woodie (Anonymous), 20-Feb-12 04:29 PM, #5
     Reply Helpfile specifies warrior now..., Cyradia, 20-Feb-12 09:30 PM, #10
Reply Thumbs Up. nt, Kalageadon, 19-Feb-12 04:19 PM, #2
Reply One: Totally Sloshed is my favorite edge ever., TMNS, 19-Feb-12 04:19 PM, #1

IllanthosMon 20-Feb-12 07:42 PM
Member since 14th Oct 2011
274 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#2578, "Wow, both of my submissions were used!"
In response to Reply #0

I'm glad to have helped!

Felar (Anonymous)Mon 20-Feb-12 02:09 PM
Charter member
#2577, "Does the dex factor of tailcripper only use natural dex..."
In response to Reply #0

n/t

GraatchMon 20-Feb-12 01:19 PM
Member since 14th Apr 2010
167 posts
#2576, "RE: Daevryn Busts a Move on a New Round of Edges"
In response to Reply #0

>TAINTED BLOOD
>Anti-paladins are known to specialize in pain caused by poison
>and disease and they spend hours making sure they understand
>how to inflict poison and disease upon each race.
>Anti-paladins with this edge use their mixed heritage to their
>advantage. Because they are a mixture of races, they are able
>to resist poison and disease.
>

My guess is this edge is for half-elf and half-drow antipaladins, but it's only a guess because the helpfile doesn't mention any race at all. Might want to make it clear.

CyradiaMon 20-Feb-12 09:28 PM
163 posts
#2579, "Fixed. n/t"
In response to Reply #6

Woodie (Anonymous)Sun 19-Feb-12 11:53 PM
Charter member
#2572, "RE: Daevryn Busts a Move on a New Round of Edges"
In response to Reply #0

>NATURAL WEAPON SPECIALIZATION
>Wood-elves with this edge capitalize on their woodland roots.
>When wielding a weapon made of natural material, they will see
>improvements in their ability to parry and inflict damage.
>

I'm curious, will this one be available to wood-elf rangers? Will it be an expensive edge?

DaevrynMon 20-Feb-12 09:51 AM
Member since 13th Feb 2007
11117 posts
#2574, "RE: Daevryn Busts a Move on a New Round of Edges"
In response to Reply #3

At this point it's warrior only. I'll try to get the helpfile to say as much.

Thematically I can see it being pickable by a wood elf ranger but at this point I don't think they need the help quite as much. I reserve the right to change my mind about that in the future.

Woodie (Anonymous)Mon 20-Feb-12 11:59 AM
Charter member
#2575, "RE: Daevryn Busts a Move on a New Round of Edges"
In response to Reply #4

The place where I see it being handy for wood-elf rangers is when fighting in civilized areas since all their other advantages go away there.

Thanks for the reply and thanks for all the effort you put into crafting the edges.

CyradiaMon 20-Feb-12 09:29 PM
163 posts
#2580, "Helpfile specifies warrior now..."
In response to Reply #4
Edited on Mon 20-Feb-12 09:30 PM

If you change your mind you'll need to change the helpfile (back), too, now.

KalageadonSun 19-Feb-12 03:17 PM
Member since 23rd Oct 2003
1040 posts
#2571, "Thumbs Up. nt"
In response to Reply #0

nt

TMNSSun 19-Feb-12 02:42 PM
Member since 10th Jun 2009
2670 posts
#2570, "One: Totally Sloshed is my favorite edge ever."
In response to Reply #0

And two, I am glad to have helped.

Top General Discussions Announcements Topic #2569 Previous topic | Next topic