Subject: "Unholy Blessing" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Announcements Topic #2069
Show all folders

DaevrynFri 07-Aug-09 04:20 PM
Member since 13th Feb 2007
11117 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#2069, "Unholy Blessing"
Edited on Fri 07-Aug-09 04:21 PM

This started out as a bug fix but went a little further, so I thought I'd lay it out for everyone:

- Closed the bug/loophole where you can get a control firing at a lower level than you get the control.

- Battleragers now have some ability to deflect unholy blessing special attacks via spellbane, much as they can most other forms of gear casting spells at them. Generally this is currently a lower chance than deflecting other kinds of spells; we'll see how this works out and adjust from there if we see it necessary.

In my testing of this change, extra attacks never seem to result from it -- just deflection / spellbane damage. I'm satisfied with this.

- Direct damage from the Flames and Arcing control specials is now magical fire and lightning damage, respectively, meaning that resistance or vulnerability to magic applies to this damage. Normal weapon damage from a weapon under one of these controls remains as it was.

- Damage from the Flames of Ninauurm control increases further as later controls are learned. Up to this point this control has generally been badly obsoleted by the later controls, and this may now be less the case.

Edited to add: This isn't live yet, but should show up in the next crash/reboot or two.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

MekantosFri 07-Aug-09 04:57 PM
Member since 06th Dec 2003
796 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#2070, "I always thought it would be nifty if"
In response to Reply #0

...Some kind of control-related utility were added as a bonus to using each one. Not just simple "resist fire" for the fire control, but maybe something like increased regen, crazy fireballs, or even better bloodlust. The controls that see the least use could get the more desirable side-effects.

Also, it would be nice to see some synergy with currently-existing edges. For instance, if Hellfire could help out fire controlled unholies, it would really go a long way. As you know, once you hit 43 you are dealing with a whole new tier of enemies which can handle your damage output better, and some (like Maran, and invokers) can just negate it entirely. Since most AP's don't ever get beyond fire and/or ice controls, this would be a welcome change.

TorakSat 08-Aug-09 10:29 AM
Member since 15th Feb 2007
1216 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#2071, "While we're fixing controls..."
In response to Reply #1

...how about making the ice control more useful? As it stands now I'd usually take fire over it in all cases in comparison to fire unless I'm fighting a Maran or fire giant. It's -strength or movement but takes forever to get an amount worth using it on someone over Flames (usually the random DEMO+ is better).

And while we're doing a wishlist, fix Felar unholies getting screwed by binders and give them a racial specific edge

DaevrynSat 08-Aug-09 01:03 PM
Member since 13th Feb 2007
11117 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#2072, "RE: While we're fixing controls..."
In response to Reply #2

I think it's good now, and in practice I still use it even once other controls are available.

YMMV.

Top General Discussions Announcements Topic #2069 Previous topic | Next topic