Subject: "A whole bunch of new edges!" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Announcements Topic #1922
Show all folders

DaevrynWed 06-May-09 11:20 PM
Member since 13th Feb 2007
11117 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1922, "A whole bunch of new edges!"

Many new edges have been added to the game.

A dozen or so of these are imm-set rewards only, mostly cabal edges but a few that aren't.

I'll categorize the rest below according to the classes they're mostly for or relate to. Helpfiles for these will start appearing in the next few days, probably tomorrow because it's been a long night of wrapping this up. If you pray and ask why one of these doesn't have a helpfile and I'm still awake, I may bash you. As always, choosing an edge before it has a helpfile is at your own risk.

Shaman:
Purity of the Righteous

Necromancer:
Nightmare's Chilling Call

Ranger:
Muckmaster
Belly Rake
Quick Rebound
Expert Herbalist
Fortifying Paint
Lodestone Lightning
Harvest Ironwood
Sandcover
Power Ambush
Deft Ambush
Ambush Focus
Bolt From The Blue
Thundercall

Druid:
Herbal Regeneration
Wild-Exalted Metamorph
Herbal Focus
Adept of the Great Cycle
Beast Tamer
Primordial Avenger
Wildcaller

Conjurer:
Underphase
Passive Interdiction
Precision Banishment

Shapeshifter:
Contorting Metamorphosis
Healing Metamorphosis
Enlivening Adept
Master Enlivener
Girded Metamorphosis
Gestalt Metamorphosis
Anthropomorph
Veins of Venom
Eater of Plagues
Survival of the Fittest
Fortitude of the Crab
Fortitude of the Rhino
Fortitude of the Crocodile
Extended Greater Enlivens
Abbreviated Greater Enlivens
Muscle Memory
Go For The Throat
Tearing Jaws
Bloody Pecker
Ricochet Skin
Comprehend Avians
Comprehend Felines
Comprehend Animals
Potent Transformation
Deft Transformation
Healthy Transformation
Lesser Form Ferocity
Lesser Form Hardening
Flight of the Prey
Cooshee Form
Pseudodragon Form
Hook Horror Form
Cave Fisher Form

The last four of these require a more detailed explanation to cut down on confusion and questions. I'll post again on this subject shortly.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Help files are done, Daevryn, 08-May-09 11:05 PM, #8
Reply Abbeviated Greater enlivens., DurNominator, 09-May-09 11:52 AM, #9
Reply Help 'shapeshifter edges' missing, camist, 16-May-09 08:10 PM, #10
Reply RE: A whole bunch of new edges!, Isildur, 07-May-09 12:37 AM, #4
Reply Nep I <3 you man.. but "Bloody Pecker" sounds terrifyin..., Guilo, 06-May-09 11:31 PM, #2
Reply Zulg named that one (n/t), Daevryn, 06-May-09 11:32 PM, #3
Reply More detail: Form Swap edges, Daevryn, 06-May-09 11:31 PM, #1
     Reply Pleased to see this in a sense, Abernyte, 07-May-09 06:12 AM, #5
          Reply errata, Abernyte, 07-May-09 01:48 PM, #6
               Reply Yes, Daevryn, 07-May-09 01:49 PM, #7

DaevrynFri 08-May-09 11:05 PM
11117 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1932, "Help files are done"
In response to Reply #0

I think I've hit all the ones I missed on the first pass now. Let us know if you find any still missing.

DurNominatorSat 09-May-09 12:53 AM
Member since 08th Nov 2004
2018 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1933, "Abbeviated Greater enlivens."
In response to Reply #8

I think there's an r missing in the word abbeviated in the help file name.

camistFri 15-May-09 04:30 AM
Member since 12th Dec 2008
17 posts
#1934, "Help 'shapeshifter edges' missing"
In response to Reply #8

It's not a big deal, but I would appreciate if you could add this help file when you get a chance.

IsildurThu 07-May-09 12:29 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
5969 posts
#1926, "RE: A whole bunch of new edges!"
In response to Reply #0

Yeesh. Somebody loves teh shifters.

GuiloWed 06-May-09 11:31 PM
Member since 09th May 2008
366 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#1924, "Nep I <3 you man.. but "Bloody Pecker" sounds terrifyin..."
In response to Reply #0

n/t

DaevrynWed 06-May-09 11:32 PM
11117 posts
#1925, "Zulg named that one (n/t)"
In response to Reply #2

DaevrynWed 06-May-09 11:31 PM
11117 posts
#1923, "More detail: Form Swap edges"
In response to Reply #0

This explanation refers to the following four edges:

Cooshee Form
Pseudodragon Form
Hook Horror Form
Cave Fisher Form

In addition to their other restrictions, these edges are mutually exclusive with each other.

The form swap edges are similar to Spin the Wheel and Roll the Bones in that they allow a shifter to exchange a particular kind of new and as-yet-unused form for a different form. However, rather than provide a different random form of the same focus and tier as those edges do, these edges instead provide a specific alternate form.

Cooshee Form allows an elf shifter to swap a 2nd tier offense or utility form for the cooshee form.

Pseudodragon Form allows an elf shifter to swap a 2nd tier air form for the pseudodragon form.

Hook Horror Form allows a svirfnebli or dark-elf shifter to swap a 2nd tier offense form for the hook horror form.

Cave Fisher Form allows a dark-elf shifter to swap a 1st tier utility form for the cave fisher form.

Although these forms (like most forms) have some cool combinations of abilities that make them unique, overall they are balanced with the forms they replace. You shouldn't be looking at cave fisher form and imaginging a dark-elf shifter stomping his whole PK range repeatedly with it (probably) -- it's not a quest form (although, like a quest form, shifters can't draw it randomly), it's about as tough as the other 1st tier utility forms.

I won't rule out the possibility that we will introduce some kind of form swap edges for shifters other than of these three races in the future, but at this time the idea is primarily to make elf and dark-elf shifters at least interesting. There isn't much of a mechanical argument for playing either at the moment; we'll see how much the prospect of getting forms you can't get in other ways changes that, if at all.

AbernyteThu 07-May-09 04:02 AM
972 posts
#1928, "Pleased to see this in a sense"
In response to Reply #1

As a dark-elf shifter was next on my list of things to try. Shame it is for utility as the utility forms are some of those I would least want to swap for something different.

Also, does choosing one of these lessen the chances of a player receiving a quest form? (NB: This will likely not apply to me)

Is there a possibility of a dark-elf shifter getting one of the forms as a reward if they don't choose the edge?

-----Abernyte

P.S. Only seen a few of the options posted but the shifter edges look very good and tick the boxes of things I wanted.

AbernyteThu 07-May-09 01:00 PM
972 posts
#1930, "errata"
In response to Reply #5

Will the form swap edges for svirf and dark-elf be as expensive as the current STW and RTB?

-----Abernyte

DaevrynThu 07-May-09 01:49 PM
11117 posts
#1931, "Yes"
In response to Reply #6

They're that expensive or at least on that order of magnitude.

Top General Discussions Announcements Topic #1922 Previous topic | Next topic