Subject: "tracking mobs open door they probably shouldn't be able..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Bug Submissions Topic #24461
Show all folders

BugReporter (Anonymous)Tue 13-Sep-22 01:16 PM
Charter member
#24461, "tracking mobs open door they probably shouldn't be able to open"

I was in the Veran lab and stayed too long at which point the door closed and I became trapped. Before killing myself I decided to take some time to look around. During that time, a fezard hybrid tracked me into the lab and attacked me, leaving the door open for me to exit.

Happy that I lucked out, but it seems like this probably shouldn't be possible given a fezard hybrid isn't holding and using the item that opens that door.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

IshuliThu 15-Sep-22 01:17 PM
Member since 13th Feb 2017
2145 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#24472, "Requires more info"
In response to Reply #0

What lab?
What room?
What door?
What is needed to open the door?

I don't have the area memorized, so give me some more so I can know what I'm looking for.

BugReporter (Anonymous)Thu 15-Sep-22 02:23 PM
Charter member
#24473, "RE: Requires more info"
In response to Reply #1
Edited on Fri 16-Sep-22 02:08 PM

When you kill the THING you get an item that you DO STUFF WITH door to the PLACE. The PLACE is the place where the coolthing is. There's a prog where the door automatically shuts again in a short-ish amount of time (i.e. not when the area resets), at which point the PLACE IS BAD.

Given the MOB DIDNT DO STUFF it shouldn't have been able to open the door.

IshuliFri 16-Sep-22 02:09 PM
Member since 13th Feb 2017
2145 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#24477, "Can't reproduce."
In response to Reply #2

There's a bit of misinfo/misunderstandings in here and I can't clear it all up since area-related, but at least:
There is no prog that closes that door early.
With the door ACTUALLY closed, I tested with 5 different mobs and none could get through it.

So can't reproduce.

Thanks for the extra info though so I could actually test!

Top General Discussions Bug Submissions Topic #24461 Previous topic | Next topic