Subject: "RE: December 21: Distention, Luck, and AP Charges" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Announcements Twist the Season to Be Jolly Topic #120
Show all folders

DaevrynSat 21-Dec-13 08:51 PM
Member since 13th Feb 2007
11117 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#121, "RE: December 21: Distention, Luck, and AP Charges"

Just a few clarifications where something might have gotten lost in translation between Twist and I, or I feel like there's some ambiguity that could be misinterpreted.

>So I guess that is my request question, how does distention
>work?

Having your full question in front of me here, one thing I'd toss in is that (if I remember correctly), for the levels where "heart exploding" was a factor, distention almost always kicks in at that point or later. (It might be marginally earlier for the something like levels 11-13, I forget the exact math.) In terms of being able to play a low level PKer it's overall much more generous, in that if you see you actually have distended all you have to do is gain a level to clear it. Gaining a level doesn't inherently clear all distention, but if you've JUST barely distended you're close enough that it will.

>Answer: You're allowed a certain number of kills per level.
>This number does not change as you go up, it's the same number
>regardless of level.

Actually, your allowance per level isn't a linear thing. It's a crazy Valg parabola kind of looking graph. So as you level higher and higher it's harder and harder to distend.

>The second part, though. The Lucky edge increases your luck by
>2. I would personally never take this edge if my character
>wasn't going to rely fairly heavily on gambling.

I mostly agree here; the other cases I would make for Lucky are:

1) If you use an attack that has a special 'lucky opportunities' kind of message and effect a LOT, I would probably pick it. Like you're an axe spec and pincer is your answer to almost everything? Not my first choice, not a must-have, but at that point where you've gotten all the edges you really really feel like you must have and you're casting about for whatever else might be helpful? It might be helpful.

2) Since luck is a small factor in saving throws, if for whatever reason you were really obsessed with trying to crank your saves as high as possible, it would be a decent pick.

Full disclosure, I don't remember ever picking it myself though I probably have at some point.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicDecember 21: Distention, Luck, and AP Charges [View all] , Twist, Sat 21-Dec-13 08:22 PM
Reply RE: December 21: Distention, Luck, and AP Charges, Daevryn, 21-Dec-13 08:51 PM #1
     Reply RE: December 21: Distention, Luck, and AP Charges, Twist, 21-Dec-13 08:59 PM, #2
Top General Discussions Announcements Twist the Season to Be Jolly Topic #120 Previous topic | Next topic