Subject: "Debate: Incorporate an in-game floorplan to reduce learning curve, and increase pbase" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #74638
Show all folders

Newish player (1 year) and forum lurker (Anonymous)Sat 11-Dec-21 08:55 AM
Charter member
#74638, "Debate: Incorporate an in-game floorplan to reduce learning curve, and increase pbase"

Hello everyone, I've been dabbling with Carrion Fields for a few months now, and I'm enjoying it so far - appreciate the in-game interactions, and kudos for the awesome development and administration.

As someone who has tried a variety of MUDs over the last couple of years, one of the the features that I found useful in helping new players to assimilate was an in-game floorplan feature. This might have been discussed previously but perhaps it is worth revisiting this topic in an era where MUDs as a genre has a dwindling population. I would love to start a discussion with this thread, so please respond with an agree / disagree with your reasons.

If you agree, it would be great to understand why you think CF veteran players might feel comfortable with this change (since they are likely the ones who did not benefit from such a feature while learning the game). Further, would be great to understand if you think such a feature will actually increase the pbase if at all.

If you disagree, it would be great to understand what would it take for you to agree to it. For example, are there certain modifications to the feature you would like to see, or if CF reaches a certain low population base, etc.

Thank you for participating in the discussion, looking forward!

A link to a floorplan output I found off Google:

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicDebate: Incorporate an in-game floorplan to reduce lear... [View all] , Newish player (1 year) and forum lurker (Anonymous), Sat 11-Dec-21 08:55 AM
Reply RE: Debate: Incorporate an in-game floorplan to reduce ..., Disturbia, 11-Dec-21 09:54 PM, #1
     Reply Folder is fine., Ishuli, 12-Dec-21 07:28 AM, #2
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #74638 Previous topic | Next topic