Subject: "RE: Not something that should/needs to be balanced?" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #74067
Show all folders

IlyanaFri 20-Mar-20 09:41 PM
Member since 08th Nov 2018
44 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#74082, "RE: Not something that should/needs to be balanced?"

>Not sure about that... when players can exploit unbalanced
>game mechanics in a PK environment, I think it should be
>fixed.

Well, I think the jury's still out on whether it's the Ziviriz and Nossos players 'exploiting' OOC-ly, or if it's just part of some perfectly legitimate IC RP machinations (devious drow Drillmaster poisoning drunk dwarf Commander's mind against honest lawkeepers??).

>At the same time, I'm curious to see what creative solutions
> besides accusing these villagers of cowardice via bard
>missive and/or giving the Head to Tremblefist via an orc) you
>have witnessed?

For one thing, I've always immensely enjoyed the book 'Gates of Stone' in the Tribunal Library. No cabal is truly monolithic (including Battle) and there will always be cracks that can be leveraged IC-ly (disgruntled members, rivals for leadership, Villagers who are actually honourable and believe in parity, etc).

Also this analogy, think of the Blood Tribunal as a nuclear superpower, think of its Laws and Wanted flags as its nuclear arsenal (ICBMs ftw!), think of our Lady Ishuli as the nuclear briefcase (@atomic football), and lastly, think of IC legal reasoning and pushing through legally correct interpretations as the nuclear launch codes, muahaha!

But hey, in the end the important thing in-game is to stay alive and have fun! Heck for all we know - if you end up dying a ton as a heroic martyr in the vanguard - you might even reap sweet imm rewards for it! Who knows?? This 'War' is OOC-ly uncomfortable but IC-ly great potential for RP and PK fun! I hope you get to enjoy and not be disheartened/ suffer from it -highfive, fistbump-

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicCabal war with the Bloody Tribunal [View all] , cabal warrior (Anonymous), Thu 19-Mar-20 03:22 PM
Reply Firstly, it's the BLOOD Tribunal, not bloody :P, Blkdrgn, 20-Mar-20 05:11 PM, #11
Reply I am tempted to do a Vramun MkII, Jarmel, 20-Mar-20 10:02 PM, #14
Reply RE: Cabal war with the Bloody Tribunal, Ishuli, 19-Mar-20 07:24 PM, #5
Reply RE: Cabal war with the Bloody Tribunal, cabal warrior (Anonymous), 20-Mar-20 01:32 PM, #7
     Reply RE: Cabal war with the Bloody Tribunal, Ishuli, 20-Mar-20 02:37 PM, #8
          Reply RE: Cabal war with the Bloody Tribunal, cabal warrior (Anonymous), 20-Mar-20 04:12 PM, #10
               Reply RE: Cabal war with the Bloody Tribunal, Ilyana, 20-Mar-20 09:06 PM, #12
                    Reply A gift for power gamers, cabal warrior (Anonymous), 21-Mar-20 03:56 PM, #15
Reply It's about balance. , Lhydia, 19-Mar-20 04:55 PM, #2
Reply Maybe but..., cabal warrior (Anonymous), 19-Mar-20 06:34 PM, #3
     Reply RE: Maybe but..., Ilyana, 20-Mar-20 12:48 PM, #6
          Reply Not something that should/needs to be balanced?, cabal warrior (Anonymous), 20-Mar-20 02:52 PM, #9
               Reply RE: Not something that should/needs to be balanced?, Ilyana, 20-Mar-20 09:41 PM #13
Reply RE: Cabal war with the Bloody Tribunal, Screlpth (Anonymous), 19-Mar-20 04:23 PM, #1
     Reply Thank you but, cabal warrior (Anonymous), 19-Mar-20 06:49 PM, #4
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #74067 Previous topic | Next topic