Subject: "RE: Cabal war with the Bloody Tribunal" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #74067
Show all folders

IlyanaFri 20-Mar-20 09:06 PM
Member since 08th Nov 2018
44 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#74081, "RE: Cabal war with the Bloody Tribunal"

>players can choose to become criminal -and suffer the
>unbalanced consequence - while Tribunal players have no say
>in the choice of being put at disadvantage.

Firstly, if you're an existing Tribunal player, I appreciate your passion - I truly do! I LOVE Tribunal, and as a serial Tribunal player, I cannot help but feel personally outraged whenever our favourite cabal is exploited by 'chicken' Ragers like this (I call them chicken with a mischievous smile and no real rancour, and really it's also just their present leaders I'm talking about).

But, to your points above, (1) many players have no (credible, non-immersion breaking) choice when it comes to whether to become a criminal, there is real RP pressure on a diverse variety of roles to consistently break Laws and 'suffer' the disadvantages of being marked Wanted, and (2) losing the Scales does put Tribunal players at a disadvantage against criminals, but what are these disadvantages really (for the average non-Provost, non-Justi, non-Vindi character)?

If memory serves, (a) cannot invoke transportation pillar to get from the Spire to your jurisdiction and back, so have to walk instead, (b) cannot use manacles on criminals. Not sure about Informant and not sure about Judge (but these are both investigation rather than PK-oriented), pretty sure we can still call Vigilance, call Guards, and marked WANTED, so yay!

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicCabal war with the Bloody Tribunal [View all] , cabal warrior (Anonymous), Thu 19-Mar-20 03:22 PM
Reply Firstly, it's the BLOOD Tribunal, not bloody :P, Blkdrgn, 20-Mar-20 05:11 PM, #11
Reply I am tempted to do a Vramun MkII, Jarmel, 20-Mar-20 10:02 PM, #14
Reply RE: Cabal war with the Bloody Tribunal, Ishuli, 19-Mar-20 07:24 PM, #5
Reply RE: Cabal war with the Bloody Tribunal, cabal warrior (Anonymous), 20-Mar-20 01:32 PM, #7
     Reply RE: Cabal war with the Bloody Tribunal, Ishuli, 20-Mar-20 02:37 PM, #8
          Reply RE: Cabal war with the Bloody Tribunal, cabal warrior (Anonymous), 20-Mar-20 04:12 PM, #10
               Reply RE: Cabal war with the Bloody Tribunal, Ilyana, 20-Mar-20 09:06 PM #12
                    Reply A gift for power gamers, cabal warrior (Anonymous), 21-Mar-20 03:56 PM, #15
Reply It's about balance. , Lhydia, 19-Mar-20 04:55 PM, #2
Reply Maybe but..., cabal warrior (Anonymous), 19-Mar-20 06:34 PM, #3
     Reply RE: Maybe but..., Ilyana, 20-Mar-20 12:48 PM, #6
          Reply Not something that should/needs to be balanced?, cabal warrior (Anonymous), 20-Mar-20 02:52 PM, #9
               Reply RE: Not something that should/needs to be balanced?, Ilyana, 20-Mar-20 09:41 PM, #13
Reply RE: Cabal war with the Bloody Tribunal, Screlpth (Anonymous), 19-Mar-20 04:23 PM, #1
     Reply Thank you but, cabal warrior (Anonymous), 19-Mar-20 06:49 PM, #4
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #74067 Previous topic | Next topic