Subject: "Not really a gameplay topic, as such..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #48890
Show all folders

VladamirFri 08-Feb-13 07:17 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
1179 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM Click to send message via ICQ
#48890, "Not really a gameplay topic, as such..."

Would it be possible to work up an interface to allow us to read and perhaps even edit and update our roles, without having to fully log into the mud? I personally like to review the previous role chapter before I start writing a new one, and I don't always have the logs handy from my previous log in.

Logging in just to read your last role entry can be both tedious, not to mention dangerous depending on what you log into. There have been times where I just wanted to sit and work on my role, lacked access to the previous entry, and logged in in the middle of a full-blown raid in progress. Not only does this prevent me from doing what I logged in to do, but many times if I'm just trying to update my role, I'm not in the mood for a full blown session and having to deal with a cabal raid situation can be bad, especially if I'm attempting to update from a less than stable connection away from home.

It was just something I thought might be a useful tool for those of us who can be a little role/RP intensive, and I thought I would toss it out there for feedback from the staff and other players.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicNot really a gameplay topic, as such... [View all] , Vladamir, Fri 08-Feb-13 07:17 PM
Reply RE: Not really a gameplay topic, as such..., Illanthos, 09-Feb-13 11:03 PM, #6
Reply Santa Zulg brought me coal :-(, highbutterfly, 09-Feb-13 02:40 AM, #5
Reply RE: Not really a gameplay topic, as such..., Splntrd, 08-Feb-13 11:41 PM, #4
Reply I do it all offline and use the role/note/desc formatte..., Homard, 08-Feb-13 07:57 PM, #1
     Reply I do too..., Vladamir, 08-Feb-13 09:53 PM, #2
          Reply Just keep files for each character in drop box. If you ..., orangepowered, 08-Feb-13 10:12 PM, #3
               Reply Unfortunately not accessible from work. They are pretty..., Vladamir, 11-Feb-13 07:58 PM, #7
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #48890 Previous topic | Next topic