Subject: "Regarding poisoners." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #34117
Show all folders

ScrimbulSun 25-Jul-10 12:29 AM
Member since 22nd Apr 2003
884 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM Click to send message via ICQ
#34117, "Regarding poisoners."
Edited on Sun 25-Jul-10 12:31 AM

There needs to be a new skill in this path and the cost of various other skills adjusted accordingly.

Let me explain.

To get anything done as a poisoner in the low levels without weapon nick or grenade, you need to use 'plant' which is a pickpocket skill.

While you can do some really nasty and creative things with mind control poison, it isn't worth the effort versus reward ration when people are spamming 'inventory' in their sleep.

Rather than ask to change 'inventory' so it doesn't work when you're asleep like it's been or about 15 years, let's just add a skill called 'apply adhesive'.

This skill works like the invoker skill 'web' but with only one item.

And that means that you can force people to have to actually put up with the effects of what you're trying to get them to ingest rather than work out elaborate schemes to drop what you're giving them.

'apply adhesive' will also work on weaponry, for obvious reasons, and it will allow the poisoner to also temporarily create nodisarm weapons, at the cost of -3 dexterity for wielding these weapons for either the victim or the thief or the thief's accomplices. This 'nodisarm' isn't perfect, in fact it will work a whole lot less than fist of the titans, and anyone over a certain strength threshold will be able to get rid of it from the wielder using any disarm skill anyway, without making an opposing strength check unless the disarm skill itself has it built in.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicRegarding poisoners. [View all] , Scrimbul, Sun 25-Jul-10 12:29 AM
Reply While I like the skill idea..., TrapperJohn (Anonymous), 01-Aug-10 01:38 AM, #1
     Reply RE: While I like the skill idea..., Scrimbul, 01-Aug-10 08:51 AM, #2
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #34117 Previous topic | Next topic