Subject: "RE: Healers - Repost from Goodbye Thread" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #25466
Show all folders

DaevrynThu 25-Jun-09 11:37 PM
Member since 13th Feb 2007
11117 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#25468, "RE: Healers - Repost from Goodbye Thread"

>Aegis: Consider adding resist positive to aegis. I think this
>will decrease the amount of complaining about wrath weapons
>and will certainly provide a counter to a giant wielding two
>two-handed black swords and dealing more damage than
>Humansunders! Alternatively, consider giving good healers
>resist negative, evil healers resist positive, and neutral
>healers resist polarity which is a random positive/negative
>resist similar to neutral healer's protection spell. Paladins
>rip up evils anyway, so I don't think resist to wrath would
>really hurt that much. Just a thought.

Basically the idea is that, thematically, healers shouldn't be passing out resist positive since healing is positive energy.

>Ardent Faith: Why such high mana cost? It seems to only very
>marginally lower the duration of maledictions. To be honest I
>never understood how to use it well or found a good situation
>to use it to justify the mana cost. I would lower the mana
>cost to one third of what it is now so healers can afford to
>always have it up.

It's a Valg project. They nearly always err on the side of weak because he hated to hear people cry about nerfings.

That being said, I know it was his explicit attention that you probably wouldn't want to pay the cost to have it up 24/7. One of these days I'll talk to him about CFy stuff again and I'll try to remember to wrangle out the rest of his thought process.

>Purity of Flesh/Purity of Blood: Extreme mana cost for very
>short duration. Perhaps make it an immunity for that duration
>and have a mechanic similar to invoker shields? Alternatively,
>and I think a better solution, is lower the mana cost. To be
>honest anything over 50 mana is too much for these abilities.
>Purity of Mind, on the other hand, certainly has its uses
>against bards, so I treat it differently from Purity of
>Flesh/Purity of Blood.

I'm pretty good with the way these are now, honestly.

Yeah, it's a lot of mana for a short duration. On the flipside of that, if you really really want to get someone's ability to make disease saves (etc.) up for a bit, you've got that option and really no one else does.

There's just so much defensive power in the healer class. I really don't see them needing to hand out immunities.

>Bulwark of Faith: I know it's great and I understand its uses
>but it's too short and too costly. I would consider lowering
>the mana cost.

I'll have a look at it again. Short and costly was kind of the plan, though, honestly. The idea on a lot of this stuff is that you'd consider it for the exact situation it's meant to fix, but that keeping it up all the time isn't really practical.

Maybe reuse timers are a better way to do that. I'm open to ideas.

>Miraculous Foresight: I could never justify 250 mana on this.
>It's just brutal.

I think if I were playing a Tribunal healer I would think this was mostly useless too.

But, honestly, I've frequently seen healers that don't have detect hidden as a possibility walk into situations where they're pretty sure someone will try to assassinate them. Usually these are cabal raid situations where for whatever reason of RP or strategy they're choosing to walk right into the ambush rather than clear out. In these cases I think the 250 mana for it is pretty well justified.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicHealers - Repost from Goodbye Thread [View all] , Vythigor, Thu 25-Jun-09 10:13 PM
Reply RE: Healers - Repost from Goodbye Thread, DurNominator, 05-Jul-09 02:39 PM, #5
Reply RE: Healers - Repost from Goodbye Thread, Daevryn, 25-Jun-09 11:37 PM #1
     Reply My fix, Torak, 26-Jun-09 02:52 AM, #2
     Reply I can't believe the player of an ap said that, Daurwyn2 (Guest), 06-Dec-09 06:26 PM, #9
          Reply Maybe on someone else but on yourself, it has little me..., Torak, 06-Dec-09 10:13 PM, #10
     Reply RE: Healers - Repost from Goodbye Thread, Vythigor, 26-Jun-09 06:00 PM, #3
     Reply RE: Healers - Repost from Goodbye Thread, Turing, 26-Jun-09 07:30 PM, #4
     Reply RE: Healers - Repost from Goodbye Thread, Healer (Guest), 06-Dec-09 04:37 PM, #6
          Reply RE: Healers - Repost from Goodbye Thread, Daevryn, 06-Dec-09 05:12 PM, #7
               Reply RE: Healers - Repost from Goodbye Thread, Me again (Guest), 06-Dec-09 05:43 PM, #8
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #25466 Previous topic | Next topic