Subject: "As a sad person who actually played the first incarnation of both..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #25229
Show all folders

TorakWed 17-Jun-09 11:35 PM
Member since 15th Feb 2007
1216 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#25273, "As a sad person who actually played the first incarnation of both..."

...they still both suck in my opinion (trappers and poisoners). Sebeok/Cyradia and the rest who came up with their ideas will tell you how awesome they are but in practical sense you have better luck with an assassin if it takes that much preparation to get a kill. You can spend your entire time online trying to get one single kill which more than likely won't work - if you're that sadistic, go for it.

Sure you can screw with villagers (emetic demon-headed pendants or multiple knockout traps in a row)....sure you can do some RP stuff (suggest dance bitch!)...and sure you can annoy people (still think primordial vengeance is worse than any poison/trap)....

But when the majority of your abilities are under-powered, over-costing, and require massive gathering and exploring from about the worst exploring/gathering class in the game....no thanks.

Sorry, but level 60 trap items that do DEMOLISHES with a 3-4 hour immolate and can't be stacked...it's just not worth it. Any high killing poisoner or trapper in the hero range (a general problem with almost all thieves) hasn't existed in a long time, especially after you couldn't suggest people to drink PWK potions or had something else going for them (tribunal town sitting with 40+ hour uncurable blinds or emperor powers).....which any thief could do a lot better.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicThe problem with poisoners [View all] , DaeDroug, Tue 16-Jun-09 02:41 AM
Reply RE: The problem with poisoners, DaeDroug, 19-Jun-09 01:39 AM, #10
Reply RE: The problem with poisoners, DaeDroug, 19-Jun-09 04:32 AM, #11
Reply As a sad person who actually played the first incarnati..., Torak, 17-Jun-09 11:35 PM #8
Reply RE: As a sad person who actually played the first incar..., DaeDroug, 18-Jun-09 06:16 AM, #9
Reply Poisoners are different, Amortis, 17-Jun-09 03:29 PM, #7
Reply I pretty much agree, NMTW, 16-Jun-09 12:31 PM, #3
Reply RE: I pretty much agree, Daevryn, 16-Jun-09 12:45 PM, #4
Reply RE: I pretty much agree, Sebeok, 16-Jun-09 01:05 PM, #5
Reply Check my Migra log here on officials or on QHCF, Quixotic, 16-Jun-09 11:06 AM, #2
Reply your not using the build well, laxman, 16-Jun-09 08:12 AM, #1
     Reply RE: your not using the build well, DaeDroug, 16-Jun-09 03:53 PM, #6
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #25229 Previous topic | Next topic