Subject: "RE: Conjurers, death, life, and the few hours in between." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #21203
Show all folders

reject0Mon 28-Apr-08 09:44 AM
Member since 05th Jan 2005
38 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#21217, "RE: Conjurers, death, life, and the few hours in between."

Facts of life of a conjurer

1. Your archon will never sanc you when you need it most
2. Your archon will ALWAYS give you the least needed prep at a time (e.g. you will be given fly when you could really use that protective shield or SANC..SANC > than everything else)
3. Your servitors will always be 1 hour away from leaving when you need them the most
4. You will get the weakest servitor when you need the strongest

Seriously I've been on a conjurer kick and played about 4 in the last six months or so, and a total of 6 up to 40ish in my CF lifetime. They are not weak, and I have had the most success PK wise with an EVIL conjurer(though my successful pk != to most others). They are annoying sometimes, and require a little more forethought than any other class. Invokers can react on the fly, a conjurer must think ahead about what they will be fighting for the next 50 ticks to decide what kind of servitors to call. Angels if you are fighting obviously evil classes (think necromancers). Archons for tougher stuff where a win is not necessarily killing them, but not dying either. Lots of races have elemental vulns, and the elem command gives you even more utility.

And like others have said..some people are just beasts and either require very creative thinking or gangs to kill them..(even then that won't work everytime or even most of the time if they are that good).

But no its not supposed to be the way you are thinking it is. CF has gotten more newbie friendly over the years, but still has a high learning curve, I've been playing for years and I consider myself just 1 step past a newbie. When you play second conjurer and your third conjurer you will find you survive more, maybe even kill more. The things you learn from your previous characters definitely help on the next.

Anyways good luck, and don't give up.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicConjurers, death, life, and the few hours in between. [View all] , Xalech, Thu 01-May-08 06:40 AM
Reply RE: Conjurers, death, life, and the few hours in betwee..., reject0, 28-Apr-08 09:44 AM #8
Reply RE: Conjurers, death, life, and the few hours in betwee..., Shapa, 27-Apr-08 07:00 AM, #5
Reply RE: Conjurers, death, life, and the few hours in betwee..., Isildur, 27-Apr-08 08:56 AM, #6
Reply Actually..., GinGa, 28-Apr-08 09:52 AM, #9
Reply RE: Actually..., Isildur, 28-Apr-08 11:10 AM, #11
Reply Fair comment., GinGa, 28-Apr-08 11:52 AM, #12
Reply hehe, Greddarh, 30-Apr-08 11:50 PM, #15
Reply I wasn't going to answer because i was 100% right ., Shapa, 28-Apr-08 06:16 PM, #16
     Reply I think you missed his point, incognito, 28-Apr-08 06:40 PM, #13
Reply RE: Conjurers, death, life, and the few hours in betwee..., Eskelian, 28-Apr-08 10:01 AM, #10
Reply I disagree with almost all of this, incognito, 27-Apr-08 05:11 PM, #7
Reply Great advice., wareagle, 28-Apr-08 08:54 PM, #14
Reply Some pointers, bobbyp, 26-Apr-08 10:45 AM, #4
Reply Oh, what I would say though, incognito, 26-Apr-08 02:39 AM, #3
Reply RE: Conjurers, death, life, and the few hours in betwee..., incognito, 26-Apr-08 02:36 AM, #2
Reply RE: Conjurers, death, life, and the few hours in betwee..., Lyristeon, 26-Apr-08 12:58 AM, #1
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #21203 Previous topic | Next topic