Subject: "You kidding? It would be an awesome RP event." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #19553
Show all folders

BoonTue 23-Oct-07 08:32 PM
Member since 15th Jul 2007
72 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#19625, "You kidding? It would be an awesome RP event."

So long as each NPC's reason for fighting in the "tournament" made sense, it would be a great event to RP around. At worst, anything that attracts a lot of players to particular locales will give ample opportunity for them to RP.

But it could also provide a new flavor of group vs. group RP. Each cabal, religion, race, etc. could pick a champion, whom they would have to protect before fights. Thieves could try to manipulate the betting; assassins could try to "change the odds"; Tribunals could try to keep order. Since the winning NPCs would receive prizes (read: loot), the event would carry on even after the tournament is officially over. And that's just the most obvious event-focused stuff that could happen.

I love the idea primarily because of the positive effect it could have on RP.

Furthermore, I think Seantryn Modan must be destroyed.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicNpc Vs Npc [View all] , Patick, Fri 19-Oct-07 07:47 PM
Reply RE: Npc Vs Npc, Isildur, 23-Oct-07 06:45 PM, #2
Reply I am against it. It would ruin RP atmosphere, Dervish, 23-Oct-07 07:01 PM, #3
Reply You kidding? It would be an awesome RP event., Boon, 23-Oct-07 08:32 PM #5
     Reply RE: You kidding? It would be an awesome RP event., Isildur, 23-Oct-07 09:57 PM, #6
     Reply RE: You kidding? It would be an awesome RP event., Patick, 27-Oct-07 12:32 AM, #7
Reply RE: Npc Vs Npc, Narissa, 23-Oct-07 08:17 PM, #4
Reply The echoes you describe already exist, incognito, 20-Oct-07 09:17 AM, #1
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #19553 Previous topic | Next topic