Subject: "a few more further thoughts" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #15738
Show all folders

laxmanFri 29-Dec-06 06:01 PM
Member since 18th Aug 2003
1867 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#15740, "a few more further thoughts"

My basic argument for change here is to put more power in the hands of the players. By imm's own words and trends in deletions immortals have less and less time to devote to players and not all imms love all the ways that players sometimes require them to interact. While edges and hometerrain and all that jazz is cool a lot of player frustration occurs when they see a gap in what they feel they deserve and what they have. Increasing the number of people who can affect that should improve overall gameplay.

on to the idea of actually keeping leadership positions filled (even if they temporarily need filled by less then superstellar people) I would like to bring up the arguement of empowerment again. As it stands from my own experience and those of a number of other people I think its time to push the level for first empowerment up. 25 would be cool. For the most part first partial empowerment is nothing more then an excercise in wrtting a role and reading helpfiles and regurgitating the same boring responses. You push up the level you give players a chance to interact more with other players and also develope their own role more. Also you give them the tools to function in pk range beyond 10-15 and the tools to self gear.

If this means dealing with a handful of midrank murder shaman and druid then at least you can step in and depower them. PLus I would rather face a murder shaman in the 15-30 ranks then another axe spec.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicIdeas for CF (Posted for LAXMAN) [View all] , Drama, Fri 29-Dec-06 04:39 PM
Reply a few more further thoughts, laxman, 29-Dec-06 06:01 PM #1
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #15738 Previous topic | Next topic