Subject: "Better... s'more ..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #13371
Show all folders

TheDudeFri 09-Jun-06 08:20 PM
Member since 20th Sep 2005
285 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#13393, "Better... s'more ..."
Edited on Fri 09-Jun-06 08:37 PM

How about a central location where you can go to say, one predefined room, analogous to a real-life coffee house or movie theatre where the <mob> will be on stage announcing these things. You could have several centrally located to relevant areas if it works. I like the mob thing, because it's "cooler" then just reading a note or something.

An announcement board might give times of readings, announcements, etc, and you can choose to show up and hear at your own leisure. And again, cool factor for bonus CF dynamic world community points. I think we have enough people who care about this game to pull off something really spiffy.

Maybe the High herald or some appointees can submit things for him/her to read which might serve to: A) give heralds something to do, and, B) save the IMMs tedious work when they could be doing something less menial. Never been a herald, but have met some really really cool ones whose character's goal was to chronical events- and they seem to really have no outlet for their findings other then via bard missive. And those feel like emails to me and I get enough of those at work so I usually skip them. Heralds need something more to do then <that thing they're infamously know for>.

Point is, I don't like having to necessarily check forums and boards to know who's Emperor or who's Anathema'd or who's the new Chancellor or who died (for good) or what certain beastly character is cutting a swath through any character who opposes them... to know what's going on. And this is a very cool, slick game that has room to grow in this area, methinks.

I find this idea intriguing, because, there's a phenomenon with something such as what a mud like CF possesses, which is, between the time you log off, and the time you log back on, you miss 99% of what goes on- because it's ALWAYS going.

And again, I like the idea of creating more of a Theran-world-community for what it might be worth.

"Always naysaying!....you create something.. like inward singing!"

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicIdea: News and gossips [View all] , Void, Fri 09-Jun-06 08:54 AM
Reply News and gossip are two different things, DurNominator, 10-Jun-06 04:00 AM, #9
Reply its very rare I say this, laxman, 09-Jun-06 08:09 PM, #6
Reply More extensions, Void, 09-Jun-06 07:45 PM, #4
Reply Okay, because I like your ideas..., TheDude, 09-Jun-06 09:05 PM, #8
Reply Can I ask a practical question?, TheDude, 09-Jun-06 11:46 AM, #3
Reply RE: Can I ask a practical question?, Void, 09-Jun-06 07:55 PM, #5
     Reply Better... s'more ..., TheDude, 09-Jun-06 08:37 PM #7
     Reply Frequency, DurNominator, 10-Jun-06 04:09 AM, #10
Reply I like this idea., Quixotic, 09-Jun-06 10:32 AM, #1
     Reply RE: I like this idea., Void, 09-Jun-06 10:51 AM, #2
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #13371 Previous topic | Next topic