Subject: "High Affinity invoker perks" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top Long-Term Projects Topic #233
Show all folders

fist_lawTue 07-Dec-10 09:34 PM
Member since 07th Dec 2010
1 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#233, "High Affinity invoker perks"

Aside from the cool edges that exist, I propose additional effects on high affinity paths for invokers.

Disclaimer: From a balance standpoint some of this may come off as OP. I leave that in your hands to judge. I also realize it's probably way more of a project to take on than you'd like. Despite that, I'm hoping you might get inspired. I'm just putting some ideas out there for the Air Path as an example. If you think it is something that you or another staff member would like to pursue, I will gladly do more.

Thanks for reading this.

Air

7+ Affinity
15% chance for a 1-tick, or several combat rounds, physical blindness effect when an air-based spell hits someone. Should be less potent than a normal dirt kick, and be nullified by both air and earth shields. Checks against DEX.

9+ Affinity
+10% to above effect.
20% chance for a 1-hour deafen, or several combat rounds. Nullified by airshield. Lack of headwear would improve chance and duration of success.

10 Affinity
+10% to previous effects.
10% chance for double damage on air spells. Chance increased versus NPC's.
All air spells are harder to save against.
Air-related effects upon the invoker cannot be dispelled (but can be cancelled).
15% chance to evade melee attacks via displacement while Shield of Winds and Improved Invisibility are active.*

*Any or all of this could be tied in with the Edge system.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicHigh Affinity invoker perks [View all] , fist_law, Tue 07-Dec-10 09:34 PM
Reply Long-Term, Zulghinlour, 11-Dec-10 01:19 AM, #1
Top Long-Term Projects Topic #233 Previous topic | Next topic