Subject: "RE: New player starting out! Lots of questions " Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions New Player Q&A Topic #4782
Show all folders

KstatidaThu 31-Aug-17 06:37 AM
Member since 12th Feb 2015
2214 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4783, "RE: New player starting out! Lots of questions "
Edited on Thu 31-Aug-17 06:38 AM

Hello, friend. It's nice to see you with us. Let me try to help you so that you reach my PK range as soon as possible.

>* 1) What are some recommended race / class combinations that
>are recommended for new beginners?

As you have mentioned, the most recommended combination is ranger or assassin. It helps you learn the ropes of game mechanics, learn areas, avoid most of PK you want to avoid. Issue with other combos is that you can't avoid PK if you're forced to it.

Mechanicwise, good option for a starter would also be a bard because it's so self-sufficient.

That being said, if you have a cool RP idea which involves a different class, people say it's best to try that out and learn the class hard way. I did it myself, but unfortunately, the cool RP class in my case was a ranger power combo. Just a lucky coincidence.

>* 2) Is there a discord server where I can ask questions in
>real time?

None that is publicly known, however qhcf folks sometimes talk about it. So even if there is, it's not well populated. QHCF Main board has info on IRC channel though, you may start there.

>* 3) I registered an account at QHCF but am still awaiting
>approval.

That's because admins there are lazy. I'm sure now that your question is posted here, they will check for the request queue and approve you.

>* 4) How beginner friendly are cabals? Is that an aspect of
>the game I should hold off until I have a couple characters
>under my belt? Are there some that are more beginner friendly
>than others?

Most newbie friendly is Fortress because they're goodie two-shoes. However, the easiest (i.e. automated) way to get into a cabal is with Empire, which is easy in easy out. You don't need to rely on leaders to get it, but you need to please leaders to stay. If you want to learn the game, I'd recommend Fortress, if you want to learn the PK and have fun - I'd recommend Empire. Your pick.

>* 5) What should I prioritize for learning? This might be a
>silly question, but the knowledge gap in gigantic and
>intimidating for a new player in a game with heavy PvP as
>this. I'm essentially jumping in and fighting people with 20
>years experience on me. What areas of the game would you
>prioritize first?

I highly recommend shapa method - prioritizing on learning PK. Because doing that will give you an upper hand with learning other things later. For that, roll a CE human assassin and levelsit through 18-28 levels. QHCF has a lot of more detailed info on that path.

Once you're fine with PK, you'll have no problems learning to explore, RP and whatever. Because you won't be stopped by being jumped by people.

>* 6) With regards to #5, a source of stress for me is finding
>gear after dying. I remember that death usually meant my stuff
>would get taken (the goodie bits anyway). How far into the
>game will the beginners gear get me? (leather academy gear,
>rings from the castle area off the main road etc)

Refer to http://www.carrionfields.net/itemsearch/ - the best thing Umiron has ever done in his life except for leaving staff for awhile. My experience is that you can be competitive solely depending on this unlimited gear search engine. This is proven by experience.

>* 7) How much harder will I make it on myself if my first
>character(s) are empowered required classes?

Make an Ishuli follower and your first empowered character experience will be terrific. Sorry Ishuli for setting you up.

>* 8) lastly, can someone explain to me in simple terms, how
>empowerment in general has changed? I read not long ago that
>it's a bit less punishing when leveling up without empowerment
>and such. Care to explain?

HELP EMPOWERMENT is your friend. Long story short, you can use all your basic supplications even if unempowered, but they are cast at -1 level. Which is a huge boost from before. There are certain other limitations, HELP file is specific about them.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicNew player starting out! Lots of questions [View all] , LordCardigan, Wed 30-Aug-17 06:39 PM
Reply Trains and Practices, Seriphax, 15-Sep-17 08:58 PM, #7
Reply RE: New player starting out! Lots of questions , Thaedan (Anonymous), 14-Sep-17 10:51 PM, #5
Reply Forget paths and virtues.., SPN, 15-Sep-17 08:40 AM, #6
Reply RE: New player starting out! Lots of questions , Seriphax, 14-Sep-17 10:48 PM, #4
Reply RE: New player starting out! Lots of questions , Demonwareltd, 12-Sep-17 11:49 AM, #2
Reply RE: New player starting out! Lots of questions , Kstatida, 12-Sep-17 12:53 PM, #3
Reply RE: New player starting out! Lots of questions , Kstatida, 31-Aug-17 06:38 AM #1
Top General Discussions New Player Q&A Topic #4782 Previous topic | Next topic