Subject: "RE: I think it definitely helps to have at least one evil pk first." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions New Player Q&A Topic #4473
Show all folders

Lithodora (Anonymous)Sat 17-Oct-15 02:51 PM
Charter member
#4477, "RE: I think it definitely helps to have at least one evil pk first."

Pledge and send a note to "fortress" introducing yourself and stating whether you want to be a squire or scribe. It doesn't have to be very long or involved. The important part is for you to let the leaders know which path you're going to pursue so they right leaders know to look for you.

When you pledge you start showing up in the output of the "members applicant" and "who applicant" commands. Also the Watcher announces your log ins and log outs on the fortress leader channel. And you get favor of the sun.

Captain/Marshall can't induct scribes and Cardinal/Prophet can't induct squires, but there's isn't any automated way for them to know which one you're going for. That's why the note is important.

My process is basically this:

1. Check "members applicant" for pledges that are bloodied.
2. Check "who applicant" to see if any of them are online.
3. If they are then check my notes to see if they want to be squires.
4. If they do then talk to them.

Also realize that "members applicant" doesn't automatically update when you get an evil PK. Sometimes it takes until the next crash/reboot.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicHow to fortress [View all] , Your grandmother (Anonymous), Sat 17-Oct-15 10:11 AM
Reply For Clarity, Perpetual_Noob, 17-Oct-15 12:31 PM, #3
Reply RE: How to fortress, Homard, 17-Oct-15 11:31 AM, #2
Reply I think it definitely helps to have at least one evil p..., Theerkla, 17-Oct-15 10:24 AM, #1
     Reply RE: I think it definitely helps to have at least one ev..., Lithodora (Anonymous), 17-Oct-15 02:51 PM #4
Top General Discussions New Player Q&A Topic #4473 Previous topic | Next topic