Subject: "RE: Dark-Elf Invoker" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions New Player Q&A Topic #4462
Show all folders

ElerosseFri 09-Oct-15 06:25 PM
Member since 01st Nov 2006
423 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4471, "RE: Dark-Elf Invoker"
Edited on Fri 09-Oct-15 06:30 PM

Here are some links and information that I think might help as a new player and new invoker. The links are to the www.qhcf.net website which has more info as well.

Places to go to gain experience:

http://wiki.qhcf.net/index.php?title=RankingList

General gear ideas for lower level evil characters:

http://wiki.qhcf.net/index.php?title=RankingEquipmentEvil

General Guide / FAQ for invokers (you need to create a login to access this page):

http://diku.qhcf.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?Voker

Some of my advice:

Stat priority is to get INT to 24, WIS to 18, and CON to 16 (racial max) as soon as possible. With the fine leather gear and copper rings from the academy you should be able to do this at level one through skill training and gear if you focus on it. This will max your skill % per practice, the number of practices per level and hit point gains per level. It will also improve your learning rate (high INT) and Mana gains per level (high INT).

The above is pretty universal for me with all characters as skill learning % and the number of practices and HP per level have a major impact on a character. Read the wisdom and intelligence help files to see how each skill point impacts practicing and # of skills per level so you can find the important plateaus (For example 18 wis for your dark elf is important as that is the point you get the most practices per level).

Affinity:

You probably already selected these but I would recommend an average affinity (5) for each elemental path on a first character. Affinity most noticeably affects learning rates for invoker spells and mana cost of spells.

Ranking / Spell learning:

I would always choose ranking over spamming. There will be plenty of time to spam spells when you can't find people to group with so if someone wants to group with you and gain levels go for it. With that said, you will want to make sure you are perfecting spells so you open up the higher level spells within a path. Invoker shields that you can learn at level 38 are an important milestone for the class as they provide significant damage reduction and elemental damage immunity. When I play an invoker I try to be ready to learn a couple shields by the time I reach level 38, this means I have masted the spells up to shields prior to reaching that level. For me, air, lightning, and fire paths tend to be easy to master due to their ease of spamming or use in ranking.

Spell spamming is the act of sitting someplace and casting a spell over and over again to gain skill points. You will probably have to do this at some point, though it can be very boring. This works really only for area of affect spells like fireball as they do not require a target. Spells like lightning bolt cannot be cast in this fashion and so you should think about this when ranking, that is spammable spells generally should have lower priority when ranking vs spells you need to be in combat to use.

Invokers are a very fun class to play, they are the typical glass cannon of wizards with lots of fire power and little defense, or at leasts until you get shields that is

Due to the nature of needing to perfect spells (this is an unique aspect of the class) to advance within the elemental paths, it can end up taking a while to master the class. It is not uncommon to have 100+ hours into an invoker before you master most/all of your spells so do not get discourage if it ever seems to feel like it taking a long time.

Hope there is some help in there. Most important it just to remember to have fun.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicDark-Elf Invoker [View all] , Lapallanch, Wed 07-Oct-15 05:56 AM
Reply RE: Dark-Elf Invoker, Isildur, 12-Oct-15 06:49 PM, #10
Reply RE: Dark-Elf Invoker, Elerosse, 09-Oct-15 06:30 PM #9
Reply RE: Dark-Elf Invoker, incognito, 07-Oct-15 12:19 PM, #2
Reply RE: Dark-Elf Invoker, Lapallanch, 08-Oct-15 04:30 AM, #4
Reply RE: Dark-Elf Invoker, Twist, 07-Oct-15 08:16 AM, #1
     Reply RE: Dark-Elf Invoker, Lapallanch, 08-Oct-15 04:29 AM, #3
          Reply Dark-elf INT, Twist, 08-Oct-15 08:09 AM, #5
               Reply RE: Dark-elf INT, Lapallanch, 09-Oct-15 04:06 AM, #6
                    Reply These are questions that in-game experimentation will a..., Twist, 09-Oct-15 08:56 AM, #7
                    Reply RE: Dark-elf INT, incognito, 09-Oct-15 01:36 PM, #8
Top General Discussions New Player Q&A Topic #4462 Previous topic | Next topic