Subject: "Newbie Necromancer?" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions New Player Q&A Topic #4252
Show all folders

MegucaTue 11-Mar-14 01:28 AM
Member since 11th Mar 2014
5 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4252, "Newbie Necromancer?"

Hey everyone; lovely game you have here and I'm looking forward to more involvement as I learn more about it!

Here's the thing: I really like the style and concept of playing as a necromancer, yet I've been told that making your first character ever (yes, new blood!) a necromancer isn't a good idea since lots of people will hate me, caster classes are more difficult, and I can expect to have goody two-shoed paladins - and more! - nipping at my heels at all times.

With all this in mind, I whipped up a dumb brute of an anti-paladin instead, but I still find myself wanting to raise undead hordes and generally be a (more magically-based) Big Badâ„¢.

So if I was to scrap the AP and make a necromancer - bearing in mind that I've barely gotten to level 5 and have only just started to poke my head out of the Academy on my current character - what advice would you give (aside from "don't", which is what I've heard already )?

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicNewbie Necromancer? [View all] , Meguca, Tue 11-Mar-14 01:28 AM
Reply Here's an idea, TJHuron, 11-Mar-14 10:05 AM, #3
Reply This is a fabulous take/idea. n/t, Grurk Muouk, 11-Mar-14 12:26 PM, #4
Reply Basic advice no matter the class., The_Shark, 11-Mar-14 07:36 AM, #2
Reply RE: Newbie Necromancer?, Daevryn, 11-Mar-14 07:31 AM, #1
Top General Discussions New Player Q&A Topic #4252 Previous topic | Next topic