Subject: "RE: dispel set to 1% for casting on self?" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions New Player Q&A Topic #4180
Show all folders

lasentiaWed 28-Aug-13 07:22 AM
Member since 27th Apr 2010
987 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4183, "RE: dispel set to 1% for casting on self?"

Metabolic slowing is offensive except against trusting targets. Since you trust yourself it's not offensive when cast in that regard, anyone not trusting will attack you for casting it.

Dispel is always offensive and the helpfile says it's considered an attack. (I don't know where it says casting/communing attacks on yourself lowers %, but it's probably meant to eliminate people spamming on themself to master things.)
Cancellation is the non-offensive equivalent of dispel, but can only be cast/communed on trusting people.

I had that happen on an invoker I played, where I cast a spell at myself accidentally because I had a name similar to my target and lost skill %. I only noticed because I started learning it again after thinking I had perfected it to know I had lost the %.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Topicdispel set to 1% for casting on self? [View all] , Newbie shaman (Anonymous), Tue 27-Aug-13 05:10 PM
Reply Don't worry too much about it, highbutterfly, 30-Aug-13 11:55 AM, #4
Reply RE: Don't worry too much about it, KaguMaru, 01-Sep-13 09:23 AM, #5
     Reply RE: Don't worry too much about it, highbutterfly, 05-Sep-13 02:19 PM, #6
Reply RE: dispel set to 1% for casting on self?, Daevryn, 27-Aug-13 05:20 PM, #1
     Reply RE: dispel set to 1% for casting on self?, Newbie Shaman (Anonymous), 27-Aug-13 05:41 PM, #2
          Reply RE: dispel set to 1% for casting on self?, lasentia, 28-Aug-13 07:22 AM #3
Top General Discussions New Player Q&A Topic #4180 Previous topic | Next topic