Subject: "RE: Damroll, unlike hp, is efficient to capitalize on." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions New Player Q&A Topic #4160
Show all folders

EskelianSun 11-Aug-13 11:00 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
2023 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4176, "RE: Damroll, unlike hp, is efficient to capitalize on."

Actually, I'd argue that in almost every case 1vs1 damroll is better than HP except in the case where you need time to land maledictions. 200hp is nice though because it gives you some staying power - but for 1vs1 if you take the same character and give them chilling or soul on almost every build chilling will net them more kills 1vs1.

It's not about +30% hp or +20% dam roll. It's about what types of fights you get into and what the usual problem is wherein you die or don't land the kill. I find it's very rare that you die within 200 hp of someone else and even in that case, you've hit someone *so many times* that 8 damroll clearly would've paid off over that amount of time. Your goal as a warrior is almost always to nudge the fight to where you will win in melee and then lag hopefully getting the person low enough to kill them in the lag or with a parting blow.

But since soul is defensive, it's great for when you *don't* want to fight and you're just trying like hell to land a stun or something or conversely you have heavy damage reduction that makes that 200hp feel like 600hp.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicChilling Embrace question for Imms [View all] , BattleNewb (Anonymous), Wed 17-Jul-13 08:15 AM
Reply RE: Chilling Embrace question for Imms, Daevryn, 17-Jul-13 09:48 PM, #1
     Reply I just wonder..., Murphy, 17-Jul-13 10:35 PM, #2
     Reply RE: I just wonder..., Daevryn, 17-Jul-13 11:48 PM, #3
          Reply Damroll, unlike hp, is efficient to capitalize on., Murphy, 18-Jul-13 12:45 AM, #4
          Reply RE: Damroll, unlike hp, is efficient to capitalize on., Elerosse, 18-Jul-13 04:59 PM, #8
               Reply RE: Damroll, unlike hp, is efficient to capitalize on., Eskelian, 11-Aug-13 11:00 PM #10
                    Reply RE: Damroll, unlike hp, is efficient to capitalize on., Elerosse, 12-Aug-13 05:33 PM, #11
          Reply The use of a legacy, TJHuron, 18-Jul-13 09:08 AM, #5
               Reply RE: The use of a legacy, Kalageadon, 18-Jul-13 04:37 PM, #7
                    Reply Chilling was +10 damroll when I had it as Muug., DurNominator, 19-Jul-13 12:52 AM, #9
     Reply RE: Chilling Embrace question for Imms, BattleNewb (Anonymous), 18-Jul-13 11:13 AM, #6
Top General Discussions New Player Q&A Topic #4160 Previous topic | Next topic