Subject: "RE: A few questions, one being about creating a character..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions New Player Q&A Topic #313
Show all folders

ValguarneraWed 10-Dec-03 03:54 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
6904 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#314, "RE: A few questions, one being about creating a character..."

Well, I'm new here and have some question.

Welcome!

I come from a RP-enforced MUD which I really liked. Is this MUD rp-enforced?

Yes. 'help OOC' covers the (rare) exceptions, which basically boils down to the newbie channel and using commands to report bugs/typos/etc.

Also, I'm currently rolling a character and don't know what stats are good. Should I max int/wis/con from the start and increase the other ones later if able?

'help stats2' covers the basics, and those are the three statistics I'd recommend paying the most attention to early.

How many trains would one get?

For most characters, 3 upon creation, and 1 every 5 levels. See also 'help gain'.

Is there any way to use a stat roller, how would I get one?

I use triggers in my client, and I can usually generate good stats in 5-10 minutes. We're OK with that sort of thing as long as you only open one port. (One port per player is a general rule. There is no multi-charing here.) I prefer using my client for this because it's transparent- I can adjust it line-by-line and it only covers what I want it to cover.

There are some rollers floating around, though they are not official CF products, and thus you are taking your chances as far as bugs and the privacy of any information you send through them. At the very least, if you use one, I recommend giving it a temporary password and changing it the first time you connect directly.

valguarnera@carrionfields.com

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicA few questions, one being about creating a character..... [View all] , Derak, Wed 10-Dec-03 03:24 PM
Reply RE: A few questions, one being about creating a charact..., CaptainHowdy, 01-Jan-04 10:41 PM, #2
Reply RE: A few questions, one being about creating a charact..., Valguarnera, 10-Dec-03 03:54 PM #1
Top General Discussions New Player Q&A Topic #313 Previous topic | Next topic