Subject: "RE: A question about defenses?" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions New Player Q&A Topic #2478
Show all folders

AarnTue 07-Jul-09 10:00 AM
Member since 04th Feb 2005
566 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#2479, "RE: A question about defenses?"
Edited on Tue 07-Jul-09 10:00 AM

It depends on a ton of factors.

Is your race intelligent? Dumb giants are always going to learn slower, although I heard they improved the low-end of learning a bit ago. Elves are naturally going to improve much faster.

Do you tank a lot? A lot of people who really want good defenses will solo-rank as long as possible in the lower levels.

What level are you? I believe defenses wont go above 80% before level 15 or something. Also, due to the pace at which they improve, it's very unlikely that a lower-level character will have great defenses, unless you've deliberately spent a lot of time working specifically on training them up (i.e. by tanking multiple mobs at a time while doing low damage).

I usually find the best general policy is to not worry about it. Solo rank some if your race/class is conducive to it, try not to do too much ludicrous-speed power ranking, and try to tank as much as you can when in groups. Other than those loose guidelines, just play.

Aarn

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicA question about defenses? [View all] , ilanthas, Tue 07-Jul-09 09:23 AM
Reply RE: A question about defenses?, Serial Ranger, 01-Aug-09 11:24 PM, #4
Reply RE: A question about defenses?, Aarn, 07-Jul-09 10:00 AM #1
     Reply RE: A question about defenses?, ilanthas, 08-Jul-09 09:56 AM, #2
          Reply RE: A question about defenses?, Daevryn, 08-Jul-09 11:25 AM, #3
Top General Discussions New Player Q&A Topic #2478 Previous topic | Next topic