Subject: "I am tired of people telling me something is not a newbie question." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions New Player Q&A Topic #130
Show all folders

amapriusFri 02-May-03 01:22 PM
Member since 02nd May 2003
1 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via ICQ
#130, "I am tired of people telling me something is not a newbie question."

I am told by Imms and fellow players to look things up alot and not told where to. I am told that something is not a newbie question or not good roleplaying when I ask certain things but being new to mudding I need a little help. Everything I have ever asked has been a good newbie question and everything I have ever done(in my mind) has been in character unless I have been forced ooc by fellow players or imms by their comments. Imms must should not bite off the head of a newbie verbally for asking for guidance...I thought that guidance was their job. Players are outright rude and unhelpful alot of the time. I meet very few nice ones. The nice ones I do meet keep me in this game.

I dont know strategies of playing this game or what item is better and I cant get answers on where to look them up. I wish I knew how not to die so much. Recall after fleeing is tiresome and potions of return are too expensive. How does one get the mounds of cash one needs? How do you die alot when you are superbly armored, bigger than your opponent and it looks like an easy kill half the time? How do you get magic resistances? Where do I find quests? Why are shrines hidden? Why cant a person recall to their gods shrine when under level 10? There are alot more questions I have but they go unanswered all the time?

Amaprius has spoken....watch thy back, ye may be judged by me someday

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicI am tired of people telling me something is not a newb... [View all] , amaprius, Fri 02-May-03 01:22 PM
Reply RE: I am tired of people telling me something is not a ..., Quislet, 02-May-03 01:50 PM, #1
     Reply very good answer. couple more, incognito, 02-May-03 04:29 PM, #2
          Reply Yup., Valguarnera, 02-May-03 05:28 PM, #3
Top General Discussions New Player Q&A Topic #130 Previous topic | Next topic