Subject: "RE: Because things change minute-to-minute, for one..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top Twist / Gurgthock Topic #137
Show all folders

AresThu 22-Feb-07 10:15 PM
Member since 08th Feb 2007
41 posts
Click to add this author to your buddy list
#147, "RE: Because things change minute-to-minute, for one..."

I've done plenty of this in the past. The whole preaching, helping others, gathering preps for other people, and while the other players might enjoy it, I get little-to-no satisfaction from it, because more often than not, these actions go unnoticed, and unrewarded.

This tends to happen to characters who aren't as "fun" to watch, because they aren't PK gods (pun intended). The people who ARE watching all the time, are the people you interact with and can actually see all the time (other players, not Imms). So the characters I would deem as low-risk, low-pk-ratio, etc. who don't have awesome AP axes with 150 charges, or are a Vindicator with 100 criminal kills, or a Scion conjurer who nightgaunts anything that moves and racks up 100 kills, etc. don't get as much attention. Not by a long shot.

Do I have a solution? Of course I do. And it's a solution that's been mentioned in the past and likely just been blown over. But I hope someone will actually listen, and actually take into consideration, and actually implement (something similar):

LET OTHER PLAYERS GIVE OTHER PLAYERS "IMM" COMMENTS.

* Wow, John Doe just wasted me bad at the inner guardian of Empire along with two other Fortressites, and they left everything behind. Great sportsmanship!

* I inteacted with Anna Marie today, and she was preaching to me about her "God". I don't really care, but it was cool that she tried.

* Mr. Experienced Warrior took me all around this area that I had never seen before, taking his time to really teach my newbie butt. Thanks a bunch!

* Okay okay. This shaman has repeatedly owned me the last several days. This is one buff dude. I like that he tries to roleplay with me after he kills me--and also likes to leave a lot of my armor behind.

* This guy full-sac'ed me... Again. What an A-Hole.

* This chick is gutsy! We have the fetish, and there's five Tribs on, and she keeps coming anyways! Even though she is a criminal! Mucho gusto! (whatever that means)

And so forth. Let other players write stuff. This should be a priveledge. Everyone should get it, starting from level 1. The date, time, hours of the character should be recorded, as well as the hours, level and name of the character writing the comment. Imms could also utilize this to see if their followers or cabalmates are doing good things, or bastard things. If someone abuses, take the command away.

All comments should be viewable on the PFB.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicTwist's New Crusade [View all] , Twist, Mon 29-Jan-07 02:27 PM
Reply Zulg's demotion spree seems to show this...., Twist, 19-Feb-07 12:39 PM, #3
Reply Overly numbered txt, Nightwiggler (Guest), 19-Feb-07 01:37 PM, #4
     Reply Because things change minute-to-minute, for one..., Twist, 19-Feb-07 01:57 PM, #5
          Reply A couple things, Drag0nSt0rm, 20-Feb-07 04:24 AM, #6
          Reply RE: A couple things, Twist, 20-Feb-07 10:21 AM, #7
          Reply One advantage..., Daevryn, 20-Feb-07 11:04 AM, #8
          Reply RE: Because things change minute-to-minute, for one..., Ares, 22-Feb-07 10:15 PM #9
               Reply As you have described it, hell no..., Zulghinlour, 22-Feb-07 10:56 PM, #10
                    Reply What if there was some sort of reputation file?, Tac, 23-Feb-07 09:23 AM, #11
                         Reply RE: What if there was some sort of reputation file?, Zulghinlour, 23-Feb-07 12:46 PM, #12
                         Reply Ok. Fair enough. nt, Tac, 23-Feb-07 01:00 PM, #13
                         Reply Accountability., Valguarnera, 23-Feb-07 01:50 PM, #14
Reply Usually, you get rewarded with it, Beer, 29-Jan-07 03:54 PM, #1
     Reply This is how I played cf for 11 years and counting nt., Krilcov Krieger (Guest), 30-Jan-07 12:05 PM, #2
Top Twist / Gurgthock Topic #137 Previous topic | Next topic