Subject: "RE: A couple things" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top Twist / Gurgthock Topic #137
Show all folders

TwistTue 20-Feb-07 10:21 AM
Member since 23rd Sep 2006
3431 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#145, "RE: A couple things"

I should preface this whole response by stating the fact that I DO think it is worse to logout because you're outnumbered than to logout because you have too many allies in range.

You make some good points in your "rant" (your word, not mine, I thought it was actually pretty constructive ).

*Most* of those points are things I'd address with "SEE??? This is why having more than one char is BAD!" Let me explain:

1. "Bandwagon people who are along for the ride..." may be new to the game or learning...let them learn from you! If THEY have only one char, and YOU have only one char, you want to teach them everything you can so that they will become a better ally.

2. "...they are generally a hazard to you in pk..." This shouldn't really be an issue if you were thinking of logging to play an underdog.

3. "...if there are enough of them, they will go off and do their own private thing with 1 or two other (cabal) members..." This may happen to you *because* you are the sort to logoff and go play a different char. Characters gravitate toward other chars they know they can count on. Be that guy.

4. Being the underdog 1 v. 12 is tough, I'll definitely give you that. It can be very much not fun. But you make the point that any minute, that one ally that you can count on might log in. As Meagara I used to deal with a pk range with 4 empire, 3 scion, and 3 evil outlanders (at that time, the scions and evil outlanders would group and come kick my ass together). I dealt with it by making friends with good aligned tribs (or outlanders), interviewing apps, and that sort of thing, until the odds evened out a bit (or by trying to pick one off via summon, but that was always tricky since shamen don't have a lot of good ways to seal a kill).

5. "Bandwagon hordes are generally poor roleplayers" that's the point I'm making, actually...if you logon/off based on the situation your char faces (outnumbered or whatever), I see it as poor roleplay, and you're right, generally those sorts are the type that don't roleplay as well. I honestly believe that's because they don't have a deep connection to one char (instead they have slight connections to 3 or 4 or more).

6. "...slaying huge mobs after getting all the cabal items, usually people don't have that kinda time..." If they tell you they don't have that kind of time, then you know they'll be quitting soon, which means you won't outnumber the enemy so much, which is what you want, right?

7. "...or don't konw the area these days..." Never a better time to re-learn an area than when you grossly outnumber the opposition, right?

8. I can *definitely* understand the leadership-boredom thing. I've had more cabal leaders than I can count and each one can start to be a grind, as you've got more and more and more folks bothering you as apps. I STRONGLY BELIEVE that this would be less of an issue if folks stuck to one char at a time. As it is now, you see people playing a level 30 elf ranger who see a guy like Kanaev login and quit to login as their scion app. So Kanaev gets to deal with that. If, instead, elf rangerguy stuck with *either* scionapp or elf rangerguy, Kanaev's leadership duties wouldn't be so harsh (scionapp would have already been spoken to, for instance, if he played that char and that char alone).

9. Don't you hate when you log in as a powerful char and 15 minutes later your entire cabal logs in? Again, if people played one char at a time, this wouldn't happen.

In the end, this is sorta a chicken or the egg type of situation. You don't like the bandwagoners and the people who login as soon as they see others logging in. I don't either. But then you essentially say "look, I do it to." (I used to, too.) It's one of those things where you either accept that "everyone does it, so I do it too" or decide to try to change it by changing how you yourself play.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicTwist's New Crusade [View all] , Twist, Mon 29-Jan-07 02:27 PM
Reply Zulg's demotion spree seems to show this...., Twist, 19-Feb-07 12:39 PM, #3
Reply Overly numbered txt, Nightwiggler (Guest), 19-Feb-07 01:37 PM, #4
     Reply Because things change minute-to-minute, for one..., Twist, 19-Feb-07 01:57 PM, #5
          Reply A couple things, Drag0nSt0rm, 20-Feb-07 04:24 AM, #6
          Reply RE: A couple things, Twist, 20-Feb-07 10:21 AM #7
          Reply One advantage..., Daevryn, 20-Feb-07 11:04 AM, #8
          Reply RE: Because things change minute-to-minute, for one..., Ares, 22-Feb-07 10:15 PM, #9
               Reply As you have described it, hell no..., Zulghinlour, 22-Feb-07 10:56 PM, #10
                    Reply What if there was some sort of reputation file?, Tac, 23-Feb-07 09:23 AM, #11
                         Reply RE: What if there was some sort of reputation file?, Zulghinlour, 23-Feb-07 12:46 PM, #12
                         Reply Ok. Fair enough. nt, Tac, 23-Feb-07 01:00 PM, #13
                         Reply Accountability., Valguarnera, 23-Feb-07 01:50 PM, #14
Reply Usually, you get rewarded with it, Beer, 29-Jan-07 03:54 PM, #1
     Reply This is how I played cf for 11 years and counting nt., Krilcov Krieger (Guest), 30-Jan-07 12:05 PM, #2
Top Twist / Gurgthock Topic #137 Previous topic | Next topic