Subject: "RE: Consider this:" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top Non-CF Discussion "What Does RL Stand For?" Topic #715
Show all folders

FarignoTue 05-Dec-06 03:40 PM
Member since 11th Apr 2006
53 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#773, "RE: Consider this:"

I did not say opinions are bad at all. and your analogy about educating someone about CF doesn't really hold water. When you are 'educating' someone, you are essentially saying that they are ignorant. There are certain things that most people are willing to admit they are ignorant about,(CF being on that list for most people) and certain things that people are not willing to admit they are ignorant about(their political views). Most people are more than willing to 'discuss opinions' on political views, but are very opposed to being 'educated' about them.

As far as the conspiracy theories about all of the news companies intentionally giving out false information, I don't buy into it. Sure, it is sometimes easy to think 'The Man' somewhere is keeping you down, oppressing you with untruths, keeping you ignorant, and you are raging against him by looking for alternative means of information. You do realize that these are competing companies, and it is in their best interest to present factual statements rather than false ones, because if they present false ones, their competitors will jump on that opportunity. (It happens from time to time) I will make a small addendum that many news companies will present an opinion about the facts, but those can be taken for what they are worth by any intelligent person. (either by viewing them as valid or invalid)

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicFor Valg: [View all] , Tac, Mon 13-Nov-06 12:54 PM
Reply My thoughts, Farigno, 01-Dec-06 04:46 PM, #9
Reply RE: My thoughts, Tac, 02-Dec-06 05:15 PM, #11
     Reply Consider this:, Tac, 02-Dec-06 05:45 PM, #12
          Reply RE: Consider this:, Farigno, 05-Dec-06 03:40 PM #13
               Reply RE: Consider this:, Tac, 05-Dec-06 04:43 PM, #14
                    Reply RE: Consider this:, Farigno, 06-Dec-06 11:32 PM, #15
                         Reply RE: Consider this:, Isildur, 07-Dec-06 10:32 AM, #16
                              Reply Heh, my bad. :) n/t, Farigno, 07-Dec-06 01:46 PM, #17
Reply RE: For Valg:, Valguarnera, 15-Nov-06 10:52 PM, #3
Reply Your sources are so far left..., (NOT Pro), 16-Nov-06 07:28 PM, #4
     Reply Reality has a known liberal bias. :) (n/t), Daevryn, 16-Nov-06 08:47 PM, #5
     Reply Well:, Valguarnera, 16-Nov-06 09:11 PM, #6
          Reply You dare doubt Propaganda Minister Limbaugh's word? NT, nebel, 16-Nov-06 10:48 PM, #7
          Reply I agree with all you said save for..., (NOT Pro), 17-Nov-06 12:25 AM, #8
               Reply Fox is definitely right wing., trh, 01-Dec-06 05:00 PM, #10
Reply RE: For Valg:, Isildur, 13-Nov-06 11:00 PM, #2
Reply Some thoughts of information gathering, DurNominator, 13-Nov-06 02:07 PM, #1
Top Non-CF Discussion "What Does RL Stand For?" Topic #715 Previous topic | Next topic