Subject: "RE: Poverty, Crime, and Wealthy Disparity" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top Non-CF Discussion "What Does RL Stand For?" Topic #1214
Show all folders

EskelianWed 01-Aug-07 09:32 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
2023 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1217, "RE: Poverty, Crime, and Wealthy Disparity"

If I had to guess, I'd say disparity is more relevant than poverty outside of 'fringe cases'. I'm basing this purely on my idea of common sense, so make of that what you will. The basis for that opinion derives from my opinions for what drives culture, which is fundamentally sex. To be blunt and extremely politically incorrect, a guy is only worth what he brings to the table *compared to other options for mating*. Hence, if a guy is competing with men who make much more money than him, he has to be more fanatical in his behavior to stand out.

That's my guess and I'd be surprised if the numbers didn't back that up somewhat. That means according to Valg's Gini index, there would be a higher crime rate in countries with an index between 40 and 60 than those between 0 & 40 and 60 & 100.

The second point of your post is highly relevant too because social engineering influences behavior. In many ways, Americans are 'engineered' in a certain way. Obviously that has to have some bearing on behavior.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicPoverty, Crime, and Wealthy Disparity [View all] , Tac, Tue 31-Jul-07 07:14 PM
Reply RE: Poverty, Crime, and Wealthy Disparity, DurNominator, 03-Aug-07 02:32 PM, #7
Reply RE: Poverty, Crime, and Wealthy Disparity, Isildur, 31-Jul-07 09:41 PM, #2
Reply RE: Poverty, Crime, and Wealthy Disparity, Eskelian, 01-Aug-07 09:32 AM #3
Reply RE: Poverty, Crime, and Wealth Disparity, Valguarnera, 31-Jul-07 07:57 PM, #1
     Reply RE: Poverty, Crime, and Wealth Disparity, Tac, 01-Aug-07 04:00 PM, #4
          Reply RE: Poverty, Crime, and Wealth Disparity, Daevryn, 01-Aug-07 04:23 PM, #5
          Reply One useful article:, Valguarnera, 01-Aug-07 05:27 PM, #6
Top Non-CF Discussion "What Does RL Stand For?" Topic #1214 Previous topic | Next topic