Subject: "Tahren the Noldarian Smith" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #661
Show all folders

HammerSongTue 24-Apr-01 02:16 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
679 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#682, "Tahren the Noldarian Smith"

Note: This has not been edited.

>Heh. This is gonna be
>long.

Yeah from me also

I was literally heartbroken when I logged on to see Tahren had passed away earlier this afternoon. I know it sounds cheesy but I came to admire and enjoy every moment I was able to interact with Tahren. There is a rather deep pit in my stomach knowing I have to deal with a loud mouthed dwarf as one of my followers, rather than the composed and cautious Smith who has endured so much

I really should be working on a thesis paper but I wanted to make sure you saw some response to your passing. Having an hour to spare these days is rare so I'll try to make the most of it:

>What an anticlimax. I died
>thanks to a pair of
>bashing/tripping whitecloaks while trying to
>get a sword to work
>at the forge. Not
>even to the scions
> (crap, and I just
>realized that I don't have
>about half of my role
>logged)

Rather fitting that your corpse is probably strung up in the Whitecloak gallows. Damn them!

"hey, I
>bet no one's had a
>paladin in ragers yet" so
>I rolled one just to
>see if I could do
>it. I chose to
>follow Thror's religion because, well,
>it's like having a sylvan
>assassin that follows Sebeok.

Actually there was once a Paladin Rager in the 1st age. I did some research on it before inducting you since I realized how big of a chance I was taking that you would work out. Had I done some more research I would have realized that rager paladins + communes = not gonna happen.

>There's just fewer hurdles to
>pass if your god is
>a god in the cabal.
> So I went to
>babynames.com and found a fitting
>name - Trahern "strong as
>iron". But I mispelled
>it when I logged in
>to create him.

Heh.

>Anyway, Thror and his religion completely
>intrigued me, and I became
>immersed in it. I
>was more interested in the
>religion than getting into ragers,
>but somehow managed to do
>both anyway. I only
>used some of the most
>basic supplications (like bless and
>detect invis) and only used
>them at shrines and temples.

Which you pointed out in your role. I spent hours watching to see if you would adhere to this and I found you very dedicated to the role. The amount of dedication it took to play this character was really admirable.

> Man that was a
>pain in the ass.
>Then when I got inducted,
>Thror was talking about how
>I could continue to use
>my supplications on myself, but
>not any of his men.
> And only at the
>shrine. Fine. But
>to my surprise, anytime I
>tried to commune: "You're a
>Battlerager, not a cleric!"

Gah! You don't understand how frustrating this was. I found out a week later that there was really no way to remedy this and so I felt compelled to apologize in any way possible. Realizing that Thror never apologizes my thumps on your head had to do.

>So that made my life
>a little more interesting as
>well. I had to
>learn the locations of weapons
>that were already blessed, cause
>I couldn't do it myself.

Hrm. Didn't realize this

> Thror, I think I
>was on the same page
>as you when you gave
>me the extra virtue stuff.
> But you did realize
>that I couldn't commune, right?

I realized this after the fact. Almost a week after the fact that you could not commune. As I stated, BoltThrower showed up one day and gave me the 'novice immortal laugh' that included 'had you consulted with me, I could have told you that he wouldn't be able to commune.' I was feeling like an idiot at this point. I had actually done research on paladins (having very little prior knowledge of them) about communes that would fit perfectly with your role. Those were the types of blessings I wanted to give you. It was pretty futile once I realized the problem.

> If I could, that
>hammer one would have fit
>perfectly in my role.
>
>So I got my butt beat
>so many times it wasn't
>even funny. How about
>that pk ratio...9%? Is
>that the lowest ever?

It was pretty low. I watched many of your battles and winced at the outcomes. That didn't stop you from continuing to try and do your damndest to shape other people.

>I was able to pretty
>much hold my own there
>at the end. I
>even got a solo kill
>on a transmuter once!
>Warriors ripped me apart, offensive
>transmuters ripped me apart, assassins
>ripped me apart. By
>the end, I was just
>this old blacksmith doing what
>he did best.

Which you did best. I'm curious as to the next character who will be capable of capturing my adoration as Tahren did. You spent countless amounts of time within my forge with various emotes that had me with a crystal image of how Tahren looked forging in my forge. I don't think I will ever forget those. Actually I won't since I logged a number of them.

>>Well let's get on with the
>many thanks and interactions I
>had:
>
>Thror - So many things were
>left unfinished. All our
>interactions were fun...well except for
>two of them. The
>first was an honest mistake
> I really thought the orc
>was link dead) and the
>second was just a frustrating
>situation (stranded after another death
>on the lake with no
>food, water, boat). It
>sounded fine as I typed
>it but when I read
>back over it I just
>sounded like a whiny bitch.

I think this was the one time you grated my nerves. I realized we weren't seeing eye to eye on a number of our confrontations but I was determined to make sure that you 'among others' were humble before the Gods. You really didn't sound like a whiny bitch rather I wanted no excuses. I realize I (Thror) is one of the harder immortals to get along with, due to my rather grumpy attitude and my stubborn role.

> Thanks for calling me
>on it. Interactions with
>the D, with Veldrar, with
>the drow, with Vestis the
>angry dockman (Lyrlolthien you were
>there) *grin*, and of course
>with you, yourself. Tahren
>saw you as a father
>figure, praising me when I
>did good, smacking me with
>your hammer and making my
>gut burn when I did
>bad. Thems was good
>times.

Like I said. I enjoyed every single moment of it. I made sure that you were given a full dose of my religion. From every aspect that was important and from every perspective possible. I wanted you to realize that for all your effort, I was going to try and deliver tenfold. I have a tough religion to follow. It is hard to know when you are doing well and the rewards come unexpectedly. I hope the two rewards you gained *through my religion* were meaningful due to all of your hard work.

As a villager you were incredibly adept at planning, coordination and writing your ideas about the village. I have even researched them and given most of them some thought. You were a prime example of courage and dedication was impressive. I cannot compare you to anyone, well, because you are as unique as anyone I have ever had the pleasure of interacting with. I had been hitting a rather long-winded down as far as interactions went and Cf was becoming rather boring until I was introduced to this character. I thank you for making it memorable for me as well.

Gone are the flames of fiery torment,
Cool are the waters that temper my soul,
Ruthless is perfection, which guides the hammer true.
Where others may falter and claim to be spent,
the Noldarian stand valiant and never relent.

---- Take Care and Good luck with everything.

-HammerSong

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

HOT Topic(CON) <BATTLE> Tahren the Noldarian Smith, Captain of t... [View all] , Death_Angel, Tue 24-Apr-01 09:48 AM
Reply Well done!, Kastellyn, 28-Apr-01 08:01 PM, #20
Reply RE: Well done!, Tahren (Guest), 29-Apr-01 12:37 PM, #23
Reply RE: (CON) <BATTLE> Tahren the Noldarian Smith, Captain ..., Davrin (Guest) (Guest), 25-Apr-01 10:43 AM, #19
Reply good show..., shokai, 24-Apr-01 08:43 PM, #13
Reply Shokai, Tahren (Guest), 24-Apr-01 09:28 PM, #14
     Reply RE: Shokai, shokai, 24-Apr-01 10:18 PM, #16
Reply RE: (CON) <BATTLE> Tahren the Noldarian Smith, Captain ..., Vahlen (Guest) (Guest), 24-Apr-01 08:38 PM, #12
Reply Hah!, Trewyn (Guest), 24-Apr-01 07:56 PM, #11
Reply Question for the Imms, Tahren (Guest), 24-Apr-01 11:31 AM, #2
Reply RE: Question for the Imms, HammerSong, 24-Apr-01 01:48 PM, #4
Reply Battlerager paladins are overpowered, Tahren (Guest), 24-Apr-01 11:23 AM, #1
     Reply Good Job, Scion (Guest) (Guest), 24-Apr-01 11:49 AM, #3
     Reply RE: Battlerager paladins are overpowered, Aluria (Guest) (Guest), 24-Apr-01 02:12 PM, #5
     Reply Tahren the Noldarian Smith, HammerSong, 24-Apr-01 02:16 PM #6
     Reply RE: Tahren the Noldarian Smith, Tahren (Guest), 24-Apr-01 05:25 PM, #8
     Reply Seriously might cry here..., Warborf (Guest) (Guest), 24-Apr-01 03:46 PM, #7
     Reply bloody dwarf, Tahren (Guest), 24-Apr-01 06:32 PM, #9
          Reply Hah! So you did pay attention!, Trewyn (Guest), 29-Apr-01 10:25 AM, #21
               Reply Pretty funny, Tahren (Guest), 29-Apr-01 12:19 PM, #22
     Reply I see how it is...., Minyar, 24-Apr-01 07:33 PM, #10
     Reply *cry*, Torakkel (Guest) (Guest), 24-Apr-01 10:10 PM, #15
     Reply No hard feelings, Tahren (Guest), 24-Apr-01 11:07 PM, #18
     Reply RE: Battlerager paladins are overpowered, Hyshrawr (Guest), 24-Apr-01 10:43 PM, #17
     Reply RE: Tahren, Murchadha (Guest) (Guest), 01-May-01 10:33 AM, #24
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #661 Previous topic | Next topic