Subject: "bloody dwarf" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #661
Show all folders

Tahren (Guest)Tue 24-Apr-01 06:32 PM

#679, "bloody dwarf"

It's funny...the emotes and things at the forge stemmed from a two or three hour session with Thror where he 'taught' me to forge. I realized how easy it was to bring a room with a good description to life. The same is true about people with good descriptions.

>I would have loved to cross reference my martial arts training with some quality role play.

Bringing your own personal knowledge into your roleplay is sweet. Even if you don't know about something it is worthwhile to do a little research and learn a little bit. You end up with a lot more to use in your roleplaying.

The idea of weapons training in the forge started with Windric, a ranger who couldn't read the tenets of the faith. I taught him to read and in return he taught me how to dodge through a (long) series of interactive emotes. That worked its way into my role in the hopes of getting some kind of defensive skill, but that never panned out.

So the major things that you enjoyed in our interactions were actually learned in interactions I had with other people.

I've never been in anyone's role before...I think I mentioned that interaction you spoke of in my role, but I can't remember and I don't have it logged . Maybe I just talked with Thror about it.

>Interracting with you raised the bar for me as a player, and the sort of zen way of Tahren made me think about a few things in real life as well. "Think before you strike."

This was pretty sweet to read. Trewyn taught me that you could learn a lot by listening, so that's what I did. What happened is that Tahren could actually observe and consider each move before he made it (zen, baby). Plus I tried to age him right. In addition to three different descriptions (young-mature, middleaged-old, old), I tried to change his attitude as he aged. At the beginning of his life, he was headstrong and self-righteous and basically a real ass. Then as he aged, he got progressively more and more philosophical in his interactions. This attention to detail may be too subtle to be recognized by other people, but I found that it really helps you flesh out your character. You and I really didn't start talking until Tahren was already all philosophical and old .

As far as raising the bar for you as a player, I honestly felt intimidated by Warborf. I kept thinking to myself "geez, I wish I could keep up with him" -ooc in a roleplaying sense and ic in a molding others kind of way. It's amazing how your bar was raised, and that in turned made me feel like I needed to raise my own bar a bit. Someone said that good roleplaying is contagious. I guess they were right.

Keep on keepin' on, Warborf. You've got a killer character and I really enjoyed our interactions.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

HOT Topic(CON) <BATTLE> Tahren the Noldarian Smith, Captain of t... [View all] , Death_Angel, Tue 24-Apr-01 09:48 AM
Reply Well done!, Kastellyn, 28-Apr-01 08:01 PM, #20
Reply RE: Well done!, Tahren (Guest), 29-Apr-01 12:37 PM, #23
Reply RE: (CON) <BATTLE> Tahren the Noldarian Smith, Captain ..., Davrin (Guest) (Guest), 25-Apr-01 10:43 AM, #19
Reply good show..., shokai, 24-Apr-01 08:43 PM, #13
Reply Shokai, Tahren (Guest), 24-Apr-01 09:28 PM, #14
     Reply RE: Shokai, shokai, 24-Apr-01 10:18 PM, #16
Reply RE: (CON) <BATTLE> Tahren the Noldarian Smith, Captain ..., Vahlen (Guest) (Guest), 24-Apr-01 08:38 PM, #12
Reply Hah!, Trewyn (Guest), 24-Apr-01 07:56 PM, #11
Reply Question for the Imms, Tahren (Guest), 24-Apr-01 11:31 AM, #2
Reply RE: Question for the Imms, HammerSong, 24-Apr-01 01:48 PM, #4
Reply Battlerager paladins are overpowered, Tahren (Guest), 24-Apr-01 11:23 AM, #1
     Reply Good Job, Scion (Guest) (Guest), 24-Apr-01 11:49 AM, #3
     Reply RE: Battlerager paladins are overpowered, Aluria (Guest) (Guest), 24-Apr-01 02:12 PM, #5
     Reply Tahren the Noldarian Smith, HammerSong, 24-Apr-01 02:16 PM, #6
     Reply RE: Tahren the Noldarian Smith, Tahren (Guest), 24-Apr-01 05:25 PM, #8
     Reply Seriously might cry here..., Warborf (Guest) (Guest), 24-Apr-01 03:46 PM, #7
     Reply bloody dwarf, Tahren (Guest), 24-Apr-01 06:32 PM #9
          Reply Hah! So you did pay attention!, Trewyn (Guest), 29-Apr-01 10:25 AM, #21
               Reply Pretty funny, Tahren (Guest), 29-Apr-01 12:19 PM, #22
     Reply I see how it is...., Minyar, 24-Apr-01 07:33 PM, #10
     Reply *cry*, Torakkel (Guest) (Guest), 24-Apr-01 10:10 PM, #15
     Reply No hard feelings, Tahren (Guest), 24-Apr-01 11:07 PM, #18
     Reply RE: Battlerager paladins are overpowered, Hyshrawr (Guest), 24-Apr-01 10:43 PM, #17
     Reply RE: Tahren, Murchadha (Guest) (Guest), 01-May-01 10:33 AM, #24
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #661 Previous topic | Next topic