Subject: "Seriously might cry here..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #661
Show all folders

Warborf (Guest) (Guest)Tue 24-Apr-01 03:46 PM

#678, "Seriously might cry here..."

I think your the best (or second best) goddamn role player I've ever seen. I don't think I ever saw a crack or a flaw in the statue of role play that was Tahren. Our times in the forge were absolutely -great-. I have only played one other character passed like 25th level, and I was only able to have the will power to do it because of role playing like Tahren's. I wish more people would interract with "inanimate" things around them. They make everything more real. When I was in the forge with you I felt like I was in a searing hot place filled with toil rather than just "The Shrine of Thror." I really enjoyed emoting about training with our weapons and forging. I could have sat there for hours. I felt guilty about forging when you weren't around, because I thought "Thror is gonna think I'm stealig Tahrens idea." So I have foregone it, even though I enjoy it. (And Thror, if you want to throw your 2 cents at that, I'd appreciate it.) Maybe I'll see if I can get Murchadha to come with me. I wish I could have made it to the forge more with you in your last days, unfourtunatly I have not had much time to do anything but die and try to regear before the next Scion raid.

I think it's also worth mentioning that Tahren is very securly in Warborf's role. It stemmed from our long conversation the night I got in trouble over killing Zsosqe and not preaching to Scarabeus. That was the first time Warborf didn't bellar at the top of his lungs... and has become a habit when he is forging men or in the Shrine. (Thror might have noticed this.)

I was really looking forward to some more weapons training and sparring drills. Now that I have the idea, I might pick it up with someone else. (If I can stop dying for a minute) For the last two years I've been training all day every day for Tae Kwon Do events. In fact thats what I'm doing right now, and why I'm with out my happy little (shitty) mud client. I would have loved to cross reference my martial arts training with some quality role play.

Interracting with you raised the bar for me as a player, and the sort of zen way of Tahren made me think about a few things in real life as well. "Think before you strike."

I'll be sure to drop you some email!
-Dan

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

HOT Topic(CON) <BATTLE> Tahren the Noldarian Smith, Captain of t... [View all] , Death_Angel, Tue 24-Apr-01 09:48 AM
Reply Well done!, Kastellyn, 28-Apr-01 08:01 PM, #20
Reply RE: Well done!, Tahren (Guest), 29-Apr-01 12:37 PM, #23
Reply RE: (CON) <BATTLE> Tahren the Noldarian Smith, Captain ..., Davrin (Guest) (Guest), 25-Apr-01 10:43 AM, #19
Reply good show..., shokai, 24-Apr-01 08:43 PM, #13
Reply Shokai, Tahren (Guest), 24-Apr-01 09:28 PM, #14
     Reply RE: Shokai, shokai, 24-Apr-01 10:18 PM, #16
Reply RE: (CON) <BATTLE> Tahren the Noldarian Smith, Captain ..., Vahlen (Guest) (Guest), 24-Apr-01 08:38 PM, #12
Reply Hah!, Trewyn (Guest), 24-Apr-01 07:56 PM, #11
Reply Question for the Imms, Tahren (Guest), 24-Apr-01 11:31 AM, #2
Reply RE: Question for the Imms, HammerSong, 24-Apr-01 01:48 PM, #4
Reply Battlerager paladins are overpowered, Tahren (Guest), 24-Apr-01 11:23 AM, #1
     Reply Good Job, Scion (Guest) (Guest), 24-Apr-01 11:49 AM, #3
     Reply RE: Battlerager paladins are overpowered, Aluria (Guest) (Guest), 24-Apr-01 02:12 PM, #5
     Reply Tahren the Noldarian Smith, HammerSong, 24-Apr-01 02:16 PM, #6
     Reply RE: Tahren the Noldarian Smith, Tahren (Guest), 24-Apr-01 05:25 PM, #8
     Reply Seriously might cry here..., Warborf (Guest) (Guest), 24-Apr-01 03:46 PM #7
     Reply bloody dwarf, Tahren (Guest), 24-Apr-01 06:32 PM, #9
          Reply Hah! So you did pay attention!, Trewyn (Guest), 29-Apr-01 10:25 AM, #21
               Reply Pretty funny, Tahren (Guest), 29-Apr-01 12:19 PM, #22
     Reply I see how it is...., Minyar, 24-Apr-01 07:33 PM, #10
     Reply *cry*, Torakkel (Guest) (Guest), 24-Apr-01 10:10 PM, #15
     Reply No hard feelings, Tahren (Guest), 24-Apr-01 11:07 PM, #18
     Reply RE: Battlerager paladins are overpowered, Hyshrawr (Guest), 24-Apr-01 10:43 PM, #17
     Reply RE: Tahren, Murchadha (Guest) (Guest), 01-May-01 10:33 AM, #24
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #661 Previous topic | Next topic