Subject: "RE: Office of the Flame" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #397
Show all folders

Phinitz (Guest) (Guest)Thu 22-Mar-01 09:24 PM

#401, "RE: Office of the Flame"

As you said, I really couldn't have done the growling any other way, and it made complete sense with my role. It was annoying at times, in ooc ways. Besides the simple fact of how much longer it could take to say things, I couldn't go in areas or use items that had keywords/phrases. Using the "say" command wouldn't fit with the character. I only wish I'd gotten Cyradia to make me noyell earlier.

As for the GWB... I was never quite sure where the line between GWB and Ruby/Onyx philosophy was. I had my take on the philosophy pretty well defined and got better with it as I debated, but I never would have declared it as GWB, I just considered it Scarab philosophy. You might consider making one of those "ask about the religion" forums that several of the other Imms have here. The Scarab philosophies are incredibly rich, even before you get into dividing them into Ruby/Onyx/GWB. It's one thing I really enjoyed about it - I never got into a situation as you have with some religions, where it feels like you've said all there is to say about it. A few times I even got people to admit that they agreed with parts of my philosophy, when their affiliations were pretty well-opposed to it.

As for doing some interesting things with me, I wish you had. While there were a few glimmers, I didn't get much Immteraction in the later part of his life, which was part of why he got tiresome.

As for the loneliness, the Cult actually seemed to be on a real downswing well before the new cabals came in. The character was something of a loner anyway, which helped alot - but still, it could get boring. It was really unfortunate that we finally got a few new members, and they got themselves booted again. But the philosophy can be hard to get, as you said, and I'm really proud I had it enough to earn the Flame position. It was unexpected, but very enjoyable. Though I did wonder - didn't there used to be a tattoo of the Flame of the Scarab?

P.S. I'm not sure who to write to about this, so I'll put it here. I tried to register Phinitz, but never got an email.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Topic(DEL) <SCARAB> Phinitz the Forest Warrior of the Onyx T... [View all] , Death_Angel, Fri 16-Mar-01 11:49 PM
Reply Very, very well done., Nivek (Guest) (Guest), 21-Mar-01 06:19 PM, #4
Reply Cyradia, and any other Immortals, Phinitz (Guest) (Guest), 20-Mar-01 05:53 PM, #1
     Reply RE: Cyradia, and any other Immortals, Leika (Guest), 21-Mar-01 04:51 PM, #2
     Reply Marans and other Fortressites, Phinitz (Guest) (Guest), 22-Mar-01 09:12 PM, #5
     Reply Office of the Flame, Scarabaeus, 21-Mar-01 06:00 PM, #3
          Reply RE: Office of the Flame, Phinitz (Guest) (Guest), 22-Mar-01 09:24 PM #6
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #397 Previous topic | Next topic